Question about genie skills

tatsumakikyaku
tatsumakikyaku Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
I just have a question concerning the Wizard-only genie skills... Are they any good? Are they worth having? I've looked around a bit, but see no mentioning of these skills on the forums.

Aquaflame Armor (or whatever its called) especially. Is it helpful to anyone? Or just a waste of a genie skill slot? What about the other, Mage Star I think its called?
Post edited by tatsumakikyaku on

Comments

• LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No ideia, I prefer using genie skills like I use my pots, to cover my weaknesses.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There's also Sand Shield. Makes you immune to earth damage. Kinda worthless in my opinion. Now, if that was physical damage, then that would be b:victory

But... earth??? we already have lots of earth res with stone barrier b:sad

Are the devs even thinking the skills through?
  • tatsumakikyaku
    tatsumakikyaku Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The skill I'm mostly concerned with is Aquaflame Armor... Anyone ever bothered with it? If the description I read was accurate it sounds like it would give a massive reduction of incoming damage for a time, followed by a period of receiving more damage. The description on Ecatomb seems to be 400% less damage then 40% more, which sounds like a fantastic trade if properly timed... Any comments on that? Is the description accurate? Does the skill still wind up being impractical for any reason? Or is it good?
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The skill I'm mostly concerned with is Aquaflame Armor... Anyone ever bothered with it? If the description I read was accurate it sounds like it would give a massive reduction of incoming damage for a time, followed by a period of receiving more damage. The description on Ecatomb seems to be 400% less damage then 40% more, which sounds like a fantastic trade if properly timed... Any comments on that? Is the description accurate? Does the skill still wind up being impractical for any reason? Or is it good?

i dont think its 400% reduction but 100% sure its very noticeable reduction, but if u have bad luck after that u die weakly (u will get same debuff like bm axe dragon just 40% dmg increase on u)

so work but sametimes really cold be ur death too (maybe u can clear the debuff effect with pot/3rd spark/cleric purify but i dont tested it on my self, only somebody in our server use in group pk and in that time 2 archer hited him and he dont died)
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    what do you guys think i should get/keep fortify(have) or expel(i also have and am lkeeping absolute domain)