White flash

Comments

• FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok... thought yall were crazy or summthin...... went into TT today and was gunna have a seizure with all them white flashes!D:

strange though, as I don't get them normally, only in TT>_>

My eyez._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Mohilan - Lost City
    Mohilan - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Had this flashing problem yesterday in the entrance area of Nirvana. White flashes covered the screen but just the entrance area. If i moved away 10meters from that spot, the flashings only appeared on that square room.
    Flashings happened every 5-6 seconds. Somtimes 2-3 white flashes within 1 sec.

Might increase the probability of getting epilepsy from this b:cute
  • FrostFlower - Heavens Tear
    FrostFlower - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I had the white seizure flash at OHT veno grind spot(the whole pillar with the light). Once I moved away from it, it was gone. Another person was grinding there and my friend who was with me at the time, got it as well.

I got it again at the south district banker. I moved away from the bank/mailbox npcs and it stopped.

I thought it was a genie skill. Lol.
    Frostflower-Quit
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I got it again last night, while sitting at the south district AH in Arch, but other than that, haven't had any issues since my last post in this thread...

I wonder if there are any common factors here? Some people say they get it while running lowest setting, but I get it while running highest (I always have it on highest settings, except for during the event, and I don't get the white then). It doesn't seem to be related to how many people you're near, because I've gotten it in both highly-populated areas (such as at the AH), and lowly-populated areas (such as in Cube). It's not always in an instance, or outside of an instance...

It'll be nice when the GMs are on tomorrow, and maybe can give us some information.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I had this too yesterday - white flash over top half of the screen, looks like lightning. It happened quite often, almost regularly, every 2 minutes or so.

I was near sanctuary, grinding. Actually thought my notebook had developed a problem. Now I suspect the last update.

I get that now too. Never, ever, had it happen until just recently. It's a quick white flash, and it does look just like a lightning strike.

It happens in random spots at random times for me, and it's always a quick flash.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ya i was thinking u all were nuts as well lol..... but i just saw this. I was STANDING at the north arch banker jsut helping a faction mate transfer stuff. All of a sudden the entire screen lit up in a white flash. I was like wth? A minnute later..... again, and brighter. Friggin blinded me for a sec. What the hell is going on?
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I just got it REALLY BAD inside Wraithgate. It was happening every few seconds and it was bright as hell.
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *waits for a report of a pwi player getting seizures on fox news* b:surrender
  • Perikita - Raging Tide
    Perikita - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Heh - maybe there will be a sales of sunglasses soon? b:laugh
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This white flash has actually been happening a lot to me lately.
    Rather annoying, if you ask me.
    edited May 2010
    can we get a gm response on the issue>_>"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Vyrella - Dreamweaver
    Vyrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I noticed the white flash occasionally since the most recent patch, usually in Archosaur or (oddly) in the Swamp. Last night during BH51, however, I stoned into Frostcovered Grounds and was immediately hit with white flashes. Two squadmates were waiting for me when I got there: Assassin and Psychic. I exited to main menu and logged back in and still had the flashing. I did manage to narrow it down though: it was only while the Assassin was on my screen. I could look at anyone else or anything else but as long as she was on my screen even peripherally, I got the white flashes in the top 3rd of the screen. Made BH difficult.

Please note, this was nothing the Assassin was doing and certainly not her fault. Perhaps it's something about the new Tideborn skin patch?b:sad
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok it happens on all my chars it seems.
    Just again at south arch tele.
    Fun ><
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • heavenly2010
    heavenly2010 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I got this white flashes since the first time I logged in the game after this new patch but it was little and not that noticeable...

However, today I am in bh39 and I got this white flashes many times and it kept coming .. it's truly annoying, I just change my graphic cards Nvidia 9400GT 1GB and it's brand new... I didn't get this white flashes before this patch though.

At first, I was worried that my computer gave me problem again and now I am glad to hear other players got this issue as well.

I am running windows 7 ultimate... hope this problem can be fixed soon. it's becoming annoying and hurt my eyes... LOL
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I noticed the white flashes just recently after one of the patches. Players with different graphics cards (ATI, nvidia etc.) have this problem and I heard players complaining about headache when being in an instances with flashes for a longer time.
  • LadyChris - Dreamweaver
    LadyChris - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've seen these white flashes as well...
    At first I thought maybe a "piece of snow" just flew too close to the camera (LOL I know how silly that sounds, sorry!) since it was happening a lot to me up north where it snows. But it's been happening elsewhere, too.
  • Cimeja - Sanctuary
    Cimeja - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Have the same problem, mostly in delta. b:cry
  • Katagaria - Dreamweaver
    Katagaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This happened in FB79. I was only able to capture a little bit. At times it flashed so much it was like lighting. It was very distracting and made the game hard to play. This happened on 5/20/2010 before the patch and several days after the patch in this dungeon and other areas, but only on this character.

Here is a video i was able to capture. It was so bad that day but seems to be happening less now. I'm not sure why the gms locked the original thread they made, but thanks for making a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Pr0x4-hkQ
  • Haxxz - Harshlands
    Haxxz - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I noticed it for the first time yesterday during the 16:00 event, I'd turned off best performance settings due to immense lag and the white started flashing while everyone was killing the boss (the one with 118 mil HP).
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I noticed the flashes too. Some in Arch (near auctioneer), some in other locations.

Putting in specs for those interested in figuring out we we have in common:
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Fully patched
    Asus EAH5870 VGA card with CCC 10.4
    6 GB Ram
    Intel DX58SO main-board (all drivers are recent).

Using Avast Pro 5.0 for anti-virus
    Standard windows firewall*

*I have 2 hardware Cisco firewalls running at the perimeter as I have little faith in the Windows versions.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
    edited May 2010
    Still no GM response to the issue?:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    you all can has graphical artifacts.
    :o
    probably due to error in coding somewheres
    x.x'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wow i thought my new card was going broke >.> glad to know its the game side and not the card side. ...........can we haz a fix pl0x? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This happened in FB79. I was only able to capture a little bit. At times it flashed so much it was like lighting. It was very distracting and made the game hard to play. This happened on 5/20/2010 before the patch and several days after the patch in this dungeon and other areas, but only on this character.

Here is a video i was able to capture. It was so bad that day but seems to be happening less now. I'm not sure why the gms locked the original thread they made, but thanks for making a new one.

I dont' know WHAT that is in that video. IT looks more like a spell being cast. The white flash I'm talking about and i'm sure the rest are is a WHITE, VERY bright flash filling the entire screen for a split sec. It flashed about as fast as what u have in that vid.... but what's in your vid is more of a column of light (like a cleric's healing spell which is purple.)
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There is a quick way to bypass this issue, search your squad/Local area for anyone currently wearing armor that sparkles (vit stones, 2 different types of G9+ gems, attack/def level gems) and tell them to activate fashion, this will completely remove the issue. I was blinding my squad for most of the past week until we read that it was mostly caused by sparkling armor, since I have put my fashion on I havent got the issue at all.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Maybe it will get fixed in this maintenance! I really hope so, I don't want to develop seizures, lmao. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    At #56 - omg, it really is the game being unable to handle sparkling armor... I took off my fashion because I'm trying to auction off and buy new ones, and in the meanwhile shows my gear. My screen would flash white every 10 seconds or so, driving me crazy. Now I just changed myself to white underwear and the flickering thankfully stopped. The devs really should look into this issue tho...
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well that would explain why my computer screen was having a rave in City of Plume.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Unfortunately, that is NOT what we in this thread are experiencing and talking about. =)

I got the white flashes again today, after not having them for a couple of days. Got it in a radon cube room, and at the north Archo AH.

I dunno if I agree with the sparkling armour theory...I have been in almost constant squad and company with someone who only shows armour (they don't have fashion), and yes, it's very shiny/sparkly/lightning-y, and I don't experience the flashing with him around, usually. Nor has he himself experienced it all that often.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Katagaria - Dreamweaver
    Katagaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I dont' know WHAT that is in that video. IT looks more like a spell being cast. The white flash I'm talking about and i'm sure the rest are is a WHITE, VERY bright flash filling the entire screen for a split sec. It flashed about as fast as what u have in that vid.... but what's in your vid is more of a column of light (like a cleric's healing spell which is purple.)

that is not a spell being cast. i have never seen it before. i'm not too sure about that armor theory either. it seems everyone is having a slightly different experience with this flashy white lighting-like bug.
This discussion has been closed.