Cash Shop Comparison: PWI vs PW MY-EN

kichi
kichi Posts: 3
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
We already know that Perfect World Entertainment are cash cows however, I was curious to see the extent at which players are being ripped off.

Both Perfect World International and Perfect World MY-EN are two successful games that both have large player bases. Keep in mind that just because PW MY-EN is hosted in Malaysia, does not necessarily mean that it will be cheap.

I always thought that I was paying too much for Cash Shop items in PW MY-EN. I was so wrong.

pricecomparison.png

Prices:
PWI - 1 Gold = $1 USD
PW MY-EN - 20 cubi = $6.02 USD (Gameier Cubicard 25th May 2010)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Cool, now compare the average salary of Americans and Malaysians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Erm... Different currency:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • kichi
    edited May 2010

The average American Administrative Assistant's salary would be $33,439 USD.

The average Malaysian Project Manager's salary would be $26,793 USD.
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm sure there are other such sites that offer data rather than opinion.

The gap between countries economies is narrowing, in some areas - rapidly.

Median Salary by Job - Country: Malaysia
    http://www.payscale.com/research/MY/Country=Malaysia/Salary

Median Salary by Years Experience - Country: Malaysia
    http://www.payscale.com/research/MY/Country=Malaysia/Salary/by_Years_Experience

Median Salary by Employer Type - Country: Malaysia
    http://www.payscale.com/research/MY/Country=Malaysia/Salary/by_Employer_Type

Median Salary by City - Country: Malaysia
    http://www.payscale.com/research/MY/Country=Malaysia/Salary/by_City
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    kichi wrote: »
    The average American Administrative Assistant's salary would be $33,439 USD.

The average Malaysian Project Manager's salary would be $26,793 USD.

That's not the point. The point is the difference between the median household income of Malaysia and USA.
    The median household income for Americans in 2008 was $52,029. It seems like the median household income for Malaysians ranges from 3,000 RM - 3,500 RM which is about $900 - $1060 per month, $12,720 per year. Now, an inventory stone is $1.50 in PW-MY, that's .0118% of $$12,720 (median salary of Malaysians). PWI has inventory stones for $3, that's only .006% of the average household income of Americans. So really, who's charging more?

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html
    Where I got the info for income for America.

Not too sure about the source I used for Malaysian household income. Anyone can find an accurate one, feel free to correct me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PWI could get by with lower prices, they just like money. That's been proven like 6 times over no one who has played this game for any amount of time denies that anymore. Fact is that MY is cheaper and PWI is overpriced even for the US citizens. You could buy 3 years worth of subscriptions to WoW for what some people pay on here for charms and packs in a single month. You could get 3 months on a 15usd P2P game for what people spend on mounts. Yet the Subscriber games manage to get by, make a better game, AND fix bugs like they are supposed to with their salary. I play this game less and less now'days, I almost wish other people weren't as long lived as I am in tolerance levels.

I may go play MY if I intend to spend any money on PWE's games, they don't tend the expensive one, why pay for it? It's like paying for a shoddy pair of pants for 60 dollars when you can get the same pants down the road for 30 dollars, same quality and everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    kichi wrote: »
    We already know that Perfect World Entertainment are cash cows however, I was curious to see the extent at which players are being ripped off.

Both Perfect World International and Perfect World MY-EN are two successful games that both have large player bases. Keep in mind that just because PW MY-EN is hosted in Malaysia, does not necessarily mean that it will be cheap.

I always thought that I was paying too much for Cash Shop items in PW MY-EN. I was so wrong.

pricecomparison.png

Prices:
    PWI - 1 Gold = $1 USD
    PW MY-EN - 20 cubi = $6.02 USD (Gameier Cubicard 25th May 2010)

Uh...how come when I look at the boutique a 10 pack of 2 star orbs are 10 dollars 80 cents but you listed them as 20 dollars and used the same picture as Malaysian counterpart in your image. Typo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think mmo with item mall these day is always expensive.

On my country PW version, the item mall is also expensive . . i remember buying a voucher for item mall point. .
    Which cost me 35k (around 3,5$) of my currency then get 10000 item mall point.

And after seeing the comparison image . . my country PW prices :
    Israfel price around 15,75$
    Gold charm price around 3$
    Inventory stone price around 3$
    Pet Cage price around 1,5$
    Rashnu around 3,5$

In my country if you not included into *rich people* category most people unable to even just get 10k item mall point.

Ups sorry double post, deleting the 2nd one . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2010
    I'd like to see the value of the dollar thrown into that mix in a good comparison. i bet it doesn't differ that much when you run percentages with the differences in currency taken into effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Acky - Harshlands
    Acky - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I read on an pw info site that on pw phillipines you can create your own houses. anyone know if this is true? can you do it on the PW MY-EN version? or any other version out there..

was also wondering about "A non-playing character (NPC) can provide 12-14 hours of 2x EXP per week (non-stackable) at the discretion of the player."

and the ability to carry a dead char if you got a ground mount o0
    ..patiently waiting for fashion made for White Tigers to become available in the pwi boutique...
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010

/thread

Next topic, anyone?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I read on an pw info site that on pw phillipines you can create your own houses. anyone know if this is true? can you do it on the PW MY-EN version? or any other version out there..

There are other versions that have a Housing System.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There are other versions that have a Housing System.

I'm almost completely sure that those versions are illegal or at least not the same PW we know (maybe P2P). Housing was removed when PW became F2P.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm almost completely sure that those versions are illegal or at least not the same PW we know (maybe P2P). Housing was removed when PW became F2P.

It was P2P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ah housing actually i hope it was exist on f2p version . .
    here video that seem show housing . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9tQwi-HiCA

And i found these post . . b:laugh sound funny for me
    housing will never come. it use to be in the Chinese version of PW when it was P2P. once it was converted to F2P they removed it. so it shall never come
    The reply . .
    • They told: no new server on rising tide expansion... -> Rising Tide Server
    • They told: never add refine transfer... -> Chienkun Stones
    • Imagine what else they say to never do... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Ah housing actually i hope it was exist on f2p version . .
    here video that seem show housing . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9tQwi-HiCA

And i found these post . . b:laugh sound funny for me

The reply . .

Imagine what dirty words I can spell when you can freely choose the shape of a lake! b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol so true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • kichi
    edited May 2010
    Some people have made good points. b:thanks Thanks for your input.
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:laugh kichi..
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The entire point is that you cannot compare salaries without comparing the cost of living.

Even within the United States (as with other countries) the cost of living AND the salaries are wide and varied from city to city, region to region.

What you make in California could make you wealthier in Missouri - were you to make that amount in Missouri, BUT, you CAN'T make that amount in Missouri - they WON'T pay it to you.

Conversely IF you could make what you do in California and live as though you would in Missouri you could become wealthier. HOWEVER, California houses and rents, utilities, food, and other goods ARE priced higher than they are in Missouri.

To say that there is a HUGE disparity in incomes US versus Malaysia and not take into account what it takes to live there is a skewed discussion and can seem to be a knock against any US players as "you ALL can afford - why complain".

It's bad form, and a flawed argument, to compare the two without all components included.
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • OthewalkerO - Lost City
    OthewalkerO - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think you are over looking a HUGE point...

They are running a business, this game is their business. So of course they are going to try and get the most out of their dime. Now, the REAL question is, if everyone is fed up with it, why keep buying the Boutique items and keep supporting the very thing you hate?
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think you are over looking a HUGE point...

They are running a business, this game is their business. So of course they are going to try and get the most out of their dime. Now, the REAL question is, if everyone is fed up with it, why keep buying the Boutique items and keep supporting the very thing you hate?

Because the prices aren't high enough to deter the vast majority of the players. The ones that can't spend money due to having none to spare, the ones that won't spend money to make themselves feel like legit players (I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that), will not spend regardless of price. The ones that are determined to be the best will buy all they can. The people in between extremes put in what they feel like.
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wow. Sorry, guess I missed this. Even though it's still PWI, talking about other versions of PWI isn't really allowed on here...sorries.

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.