Sutra vs Sage Spark

Options
Belheldar - Harshlands
Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
I'm still new to sage spark but ive been wondering, which is better for damage and in which situations spark or sutra

examples of situations:
TT/FC bosses
Nien event
pvp (solo), although i guess this is situational and preference based
regualar bosses
elite mobs that need to be killed quickly{fc elementos(second boss) and bishop boss}

im sure there are more but i cant think of any now which can be debaed
Post edited by Belheldar - Harshlands on

Comments

• Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sutra lasts for 4 attacks max. Sage spark lasts for 15 seconds and adds 700% to weapon damage. PVP is too situational to tell you and when you do Bishop boss there should be a red ball up which overrides your sage spark and sutra as well.
    60 / 250.
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    red ball at bishops? do you run with two clerics cuz my clerics always need to aoe heal...if you meant the second boss then i get it...also whats winning the nien event like? lol
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I mean the boss that spawns the mobs that don't attack and you have to kill then as fast as you can. Winning the event is nice until the rank8 mages come and steal first place. >:l
    60 / 250.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have gotten five off in a sutra, on a number of occasions.

Does that include Gush, Pyrogram, or Wotp?
    60 / 250.
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wizards who have stated 5 skill sutra usage or promoted it. However most were posted a long while back except 1 posted in February before the 7-9 skill bar change (which according to rumor only, supposedly ruined sutra since if you immediately press a skill after activating sutra it still channels). I'll do some test runs later see if I can pull of a 5 skill sutra or not and how reliably at that.

Haiz
    Armour
    Trawne
    AndromedaB
    Oz

Links
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=149311 Post 6

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=442502 Post 9

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393472&page=2 Post 12 and Post 17

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=613372 Post 4

edit - Actually, lol I'm not even sure when the 7-9 skillbar addition was put into game but meh I'll test out the sutra later and post or edit my post with what I find.

edit2 Final conclusion - I had no problem throwing out five skills. Worked 10 times out of 10 small amount of times but meh if you guys have more time to spend on it feel free to. I used sutra, dp, pryo, gush, dp, pyro.

edit3 - that rumor about sutra not working correctly since the 7-9 additional skill bar implementation is completely proven untrue at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i use sage spark in TT FC Nirvana etc. i like to try and do the best dmg i can like if im with a bm and a veno im trying to hit 150k dmg on thos dmg reduced Boss's but also it saves mana and if ur doing nirvana with thos alot of hp boss's u wont like to pop a pot evrey faw spells.

+ if ur with a good cleric every time i spark and i got a sage cleric with me he/she use the 20% chan boost on me so i hit fairly fast
    + it depend on ur cult if ur demon , spark hands down

now pvp its diff,. it depend on the guy u fight hp. if u think u can take him down with a sutra combo, or do u need spike dmg to take his hp down?

i normally use sutra, but from time to time i also spark tho it uselly make my opponent run

tho if i crit while spark on its pretty much a 1shot even to barbs. +11 wep ftw.

oh btw. for archers u might wanna always sutra. archers are a kiting class u spark. they run. u seal them , they run, they stun u and fail to kill u , thhey run. lol

what i like to do is sutra and use a frenzy and kill them before they get to run, if i undine before its pretty much 4-3k a hit with gush pyro. tho becarefull to frenzy like i do. if they pop a sutra orb or domain ur left there with -20 deff lvl unable to attk them while they can waste u easly
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes it is possible to cast a 5 spell sutra. I made my very own combo for it b:victory

This is usually my combo, but you have to time it right. And I dont' mind sharing my skills with others as long as it's not used against me!!! b:shocked

PvP Sutra 5 combo skill: Force of Will, Undine, Sleep, Distance Shrink, (Sutra, Glacial Snare, Pyrogram, Stone Rain, Sandstorm) End of Sutra. b:laugh

Edit: Oh and you can put in an extreme poison and frenzy in that combo as well.

Reason for skills: Glacial snare slows down opponent giving you chance to pull off your sutra. Pyrogram ticks their charm (Heiro) if they have one. Stone Rain gets them to a lil bit above half hp, and Sandstorm should finish them off. If this doesn't do gush right after, and see what you can do
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

PvP Sutra 5 combo skill: Force of Will, Undine, Sleep, Distance Shrink, (Sutra, Glacial Snare, Pyrogram, Stone Rain, Sandstorm) End of Sutra. b:laugh

That's 4 skills. You'll never get 5 skills of using long casting times like Glacial and Sandstorm.
    I like pie
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes it is possible to cast a 5 spell sutra. I made my very own combo for it b:victory

This is usually my combo, but you have to time it right. And I dont' mind sharing my skills with others as long as it's not used against me!!! b:shocked

Edit: Oh and you can put in an extreme poison and frenzy in that combo as well.

Reason for skills: Glacial snare slows down opponent giving you chance to pull off your sutra. Pyrogram ticks their charm (Heiro) if they have one. Stone Rain gets them to a lil bit above half hp, and Sandstorm should finish them off. If this doesn't do gush right after, and see what you can do

thats a 4 skill sutra.. a waste of a sleep and would only work on a very low hp target where you wouldnt need to use sutra.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]