Virus

Options
rybela
rybela Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Support Desk
Had no idea where to post this (sorry if there is a thread didn't see one off hand), biut while I was searching for a thread on a pvp build for a sin my anti virus popped up with the notice that it had blocked a trojan from invading my computer. I have nothing else open on my computer except for the game itself and PWI forums and it is a warning that only happens on PWI forums...specifically toxictaxi's thread although I didn't go through all the threads.
Post edited by rybela on

Comments

• Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If it told you to "click here"for a free scan then THAT was actually a malicious website using the random ads to spread them selves. I havve also had those ads trigger my Antivirus for the same reason. Google-Ads needs to beef up their own services instead of helping to spread this stuff. A few years ago Final Fantasy had a MAJOR hacking problem from the ads by Google.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • rybela
    rybela Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    it wasn't a click here. it was my actual anti virus program with the warning. no odd pop ups at all. I've had the virus where u get the warning about some windows virus on my old laptop and it wasn't it. This was my actual antivirus program warning me I never click on popups and actually never get popups.
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It was most likely a WONDERFUL banner ad provided by Google, as Crystyl said. But you have to remember that some viruses can lay inactive for months in your computer. It most likely had nothing to do with PWI. Bet it's just a wimpy trojan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Firefox + adblock + kaspersky.

Also, it was either an ad, or you clicked someone's link. Nothing PWI (forums/games) are infected with viruses. Unless, one of them has gameguard or something like that. Those are often picked up by anti-viruses.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
This discussion has been closed.