Best archer weapon for PVP

OlieTheKing - Lost City
OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Archer
if attack speeds only speed up normal attacks, surely it would be better to get the highest damage weapon? the only time i would use normal attacks in pvp is vs a robe when ive sparked. Any thoughts?
Post edited by OlieTheKing - Lost City on

Comments

• Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Slingshot vs arcanes is my choice. I personally love the attck speed. Slingshots does steady damage whereas xbow can be very high and low
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    General consensus seems to be that Heaven Shatterer is epic ****.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Meanpie - Lost City
    Meanpie - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In general you are right. Slingshots are best with normal attacks and Xbows are best for when you are using skills. However, there are certain levels in which this is not the case. For example if I'm not mistaken the Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher (Bow) is the superior weapon from level 80 to 85 at which time you can get a Frost weapon. At level 95 you can get the Heaven Shatterer Bow which is the superior weapon choice until either Rank 8 (some debate whether or not this bow is even better) or Nirvana. The Heaven Shatter has -interval making it shoot just as fast as the Elusive Existence (Lunar Slingshot) and everyone prefers a chance to debuff over a chance to seal for 5 sec. As far as I know there is no Lunar Xbow (not one available from the Boutique Adgent). Not to mention the fact that at higher levels you must have a well refined weapon. Getting one is expensive enough. Also at higher levels attack speed becomes much more important. Because of the attack speed of Demon Spark and Demon Quickshot you may often not only auto attack on Arcane users, but LA, and also even Heavy Armor, especially Heavy Venos and BMs. This makes Xbows even more unpopular.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    have u tried just normal hit a bm in tw? coz 99% them have magical marrow on, and coz of that their phys def is lowered, and u know wat? for me at least i do about 1k normal hit and over 2k crits on 90% of them bm, (cant compete against cash shopper) sure, it wont kill them, since most of them have over 10k hp, but still it gets their charm ticking, and make them a easier target for aa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    ergfg56h556h56h Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The best pvp weapon for archers-> Heaven Shatterer. No contest.

If you are non CSer or moderate CSer sooner or later you will get it.

Im not mentioning Rank 8 , simply cause its reserved for few.

I think that HS draws the line between pre 95 "I cant kill anyone archers" and "pwn all if you are skilled post 95 HS equipped archer"
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Either the Heaven Shatterer or the TT100 xbow, depending on build and playstyle. TT100 has -interval too, and comes with more crit, which some sages might prefer. Not sure, but TT100 prolly has slightly higher damage or spike damage too.

Just wanted to mention that HS isnt 100% the way to go.
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • fr5f5f
    fr5f5f Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes but for the overall cost of punishing thunder , you would get pretty nicely refined HS
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Either the Heaven Shatterer or the TT100 xbow, depending on build and playstyle. TT100 has -interval too, and comes with more crit, which some sages might prefer. Not sure, but TT100 prolly has slightly higher damage or spike damage too.

Just wanted to mention that HS isnt 100% the way to go.

The costs for TT100 would most likely net you +7-9 on a Heaven Shatterer.

Also, if you're bringing TT100 to the table, why not just put up Nirvana and be done with it? After all, you cannot really compete with G15, Interval -0.05, advanced debuff, dex +19 and Physical Attack +100. That's a lot more DPH than Heaven Shatterer with only a slight loss of speed. And of course, with refines, the Nirvana utterly destroys HS.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • fr5f5f
    fr5f5f Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Also, if you're bringing TT100 to the table, why not just put up Nirvana and be done with it? After all, you cannot really compete with G15, Interval -0.05, advanced debuff, dex +19 and Physical Attack +100. That's a lot more DPH than Heaven Shatterer with only a slight loss of speed. And of course, with refines, the Nirvana utterly destroys HS.

We all can dream cant we?