Ugly characters unwelcome?

Options
intelknight
intelknight Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I decided to see how ugly I can make my character look like.
Got this venomancer:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9046/20100524004135.png

Now if you read the chat in that screenshot, you see that there is a GM threatening to ban the character over its appearance. GM then says something I cannot understand, and I hope it's a typo, because otherwise it seems that he's somehow found this character offensive to Thai people:
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9449/20100524004303.png

I later got "You have been booted" message, and cannot log into the game anymore.

I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Only other places I know where people were banned for not looking right were **** Germany and certain unfortunate African nations.

And what is the logic behind it? Can't be keeping the game pretty - mobs are ugly enough.
Any ideas what is going on? B/c if this is the official policy, I am pretty sure folks at Failblog and Encyclopedia Drammatica would be delighted to hear about it.
Post edited by intelknight on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Weird o.o
    /inb4lock

EDIT: Weird as in the scenario
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that not so scary i see some more way scary . . b:chuckle
    if not wrong his name is horror but i forgot what is his class and race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah, this'll be closed by tomorrow. I don't know what the GM's deal is. He may believe you altered the files or something. I don't know.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I decided to see how ugly I can make my character look like.
    Got this venomancer:
    http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9046/20100524004135.png

Now if you read the chat in that screenshot, you see that there is a GM threatening to ban the character over its appearance. GM then says something I cannot understand, and I hope it's a typo, because otherwise it seems that he's somehow found this character offensive to Thai people:
    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9449/20100524004303.png

I later got "You have been booted" message, and cannot log into the game anymore.

I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Only other places I know where people were banned for not looking right were **** Germany and certain unfortunate African nations.

And what is the logic behind it? Can't be keeping the game pretty - mobs are ugly enough.
    Any ideas what is going on? B/c if this is the official policy, I am pretty sure folks at Failblog and Encyclopedia Drammatica would be delighted to hear about it.

That GM deserves to get fired. I don't see anything that violates ToS regarding your character's appearance. Nothing indicates that you modified any game data to obtain your veno's look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • nyandesu
    nyandesu Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That character isn't .ini edited. It's possible to get similar with the starter customizations. That GM had a severe fail in judgement.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    after seeing the screenshot again yes i guess the gm think you were editing the character
    (looking at the neck length)
    i guess he never playing with character creation ? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Everyone needs to realize though that this game isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship. The GM's dictate it and have the final/only say in any matter. They can ban anyone at any time for any reason, or for no reason at all. I don't like many things they do, but it's just the way it is.
  • intelknight
    intelknight Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah, character was created entirely through in-game appearance modification interface. I did use Advanced Face button, but that is still in-game. I remember starting with a pre-defined appearance profile that gave me the bunny ears.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sometimes when you mess with the extreme ends of the spectrum on some measurements it can look fake, but that really doesn't seem like a violation.

I'm highly surprised at the lack of proper English coming from the GM. You would think he or she would at least try to sound more professional...

I'm assuming the "thai" bit was a typo for "that". But I'd definitely send in a ticket with those screenshots because it seems like a highly unprofessional way to handle this scenario.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't buy it. I have too much trouble believing a GM would have such a poor handle on the English language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • forumname13
    forumname13 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this is OP. thanks all for comments, the ticket is in, I hope this was simply an inexperienced GM
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I could see why he might think you modified the files, unless he's played with the creation a lot personally he might not know it's limits.

"Even a little cute?" lol right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wow that Gm was a complete ****.Tiger28.gif
  • Kaieza - Heavens Tear
    Kaieza - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow just now seeing this thread. I am Thai and I LOL'd at your character. Personally I think it looks nothing-not even close to Thai, if it was the case that he really meant to say "Thai." Maybe the GM was having a bad day? I'm not sure, but how many times have i see cat shop alts with hideous faces just for fun. I agree with everyone else though, this GM acted out of line. Regardless of the whole "I am the Law" concept it's kind of wrong for someone to be banned based on how they make their character look. Especially with the way the character editor is set up. Someone should poke that GM with a ban stick. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    o__O wowwwww, that is...well. Shame on that GM, what a prick, i made a character that was made to look like Michael Jackson and no GM banned meb:surrender lol MJ is 10x more bannable than your apparently "unnacceptably ugly" character b:lipcurl
    Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
    ~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this is OP. thanks all for comments, the ticket is in, I hope this was simply an inexperienced GM

Only problem with that is that the tickets are read by the GM's. LOL. It's possible that the GM who you talked to will receive your ticket. Then you'll be graced with another fail response.
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    then does that mean your gonna get banned if your character is too pretty? 0_0

• Lord thamiel - Sanctuary
    Lord thamiel - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this is not the first time this happened, random ban due to lacking knowledge of in game mechanic also happpened before too =/
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Since when has pwi been hiring Mexicans in front of home depot to be GMs?b:shocked
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So some GMs gonna be yelling at me in Spanish? YO SOY DIOS

• hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

This is exactly what you needed to do. Hopefully everything gets worked out, because as long as you created that character through in-game methods and did not edit .ini files at all, you should be perfectly fine. Closing this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.