Emberstorm mechanics

DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide
DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Wizard
I have few questions about that skill that i couldn't find answered.It seems everybody skips that skill out.
1.Sage skill says 25% less dmg taken, skill is based on hp spent, does that mean it does less dmg compared to demon skill?
2.I have very few -channel items so i cant be sure ,but they don't seem to affect it,skill bar doesn't charge faster.
3.Itd be very kind if someone with lvl11 skill post some dmg in numbers, i'm very curious about it.
Post edited by DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    About channeling, the skil charges up, it doesn't channel (I think).
    It's also possible that it simply speeds up the charge up, haven't really tested it yet
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have few questions about that skill that i couldn't find answered.It seems everybody skips that skill out.
    1.Sage skill says 25% less dmg taken, skill is based on hp spent, does that mean it does less dmg compared to demon skill?
    2.I have very few -channel items so i cant be sure ,but they don't seem to affect it,skill bar doesn't charge faster.
    3.Itd be very kind if someone with lvl11 skill post some dmg in numbers, i'm very curious about it.

1. u do same dmg than demon
    2. i test for u with sutra....

sutra dont have effect to emberstorm so i think same with casting eq.
    target is a lv22 mob near archo. city, non elemental mob.
    i got 4488 hp
    and its deal 17219
    gush deal 13357 dmg with 6645-8447 mattack
    (i got 2469hp from 4488 so skill wasted 2019 hp [maybe this is around 45% hp instead 25])

this mob was the target http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1472

(since i have low hp i learned this skill onyl for will be +1 sage skill but acctually i dont use it)
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    OK I have sage Emberstorm

1. yup channeling means sweet FA here. even if you have none or -100% the skill is charge based so for maximum firepower you need a full 3.2 sec burn

2. Sage version means your charm won't tick if you have full HP when you fire it. You still deal the equiv of 60% of your HP in damage but actual cost to you is 35% HP lost. Saves on the HP charm a bit. Plus adds 1000 more added fire damage above level 10.

3. Damage done is a bit, how shall I say, weird or inconsistent. On it's own the damage done is normally pretty poor, so your needing to say debuff one or more targets and then let rip or target one person and use genie skill spark to wipe their fire def.

4. If the target your aiming to burn moves out of range before the full charge is done then the skill mis fires, i.e. they don't get hurt you do.

5. Short bursts a great way to do fast aoe damage on a pack while other aoe's are in cooldown. Such as a cata team on a TW crystal.

6. This skill is better for LA / HA / Hybrid wizards since it's HP based. As LA wizard (a while ago now) I had slightly over 9k fully buffed HP. So this skill was pretty sweet, record for pvp was 22k crit on a barb. Since turning AA tho I don't use this as much. More of a last ditch skill to get multiple low HP targets to die.

7. Demon version of this is excellent for the 50% stun ability, brilliant for pvp and tw once you learn to do rapid burst emberstorm.

Have fun with emberstorm folks, I still do from time to time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide
    DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the reply,quite thorough:)I tested with sutra but skill glitches too often to be 100% relyable.I'm still not quite sure for myself for which path is better ,sage seems to have the upperhand here for spamable bursts.., but aoe stun seems sweet too, nevertheless only 50%.Ill sure experiment with it some more, seems like very devastating skill if used right.
    Ty again for nice posts:)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    demon wins paws down due to it's usage as a insta stun.
    sage = only reduction on the damage emberstorm would do to you.

only time me expect to see full charged emberstorm would be suicide bomber, heavy armor wizzies from PW-MY or something. b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blosque - Sanctuary
    Blosque - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've gotta say, I love my demon emberstorm.

While sage version not ticking charms on fully charged blasts is great, I've gotta agree with hamsta. The only time you'll see a fully charged version is on some ridiculous build on the MY-EN or private servers.

I, on the other hand, use emberstorm whenever I'm able. Because you can cancel the charge, you have an instant cast stun. Yes, its only 50%, but that can be a life saver if used correctly. Just this past tw I dropped into a BM stun squad right before they got to our main cat kill squad, emberstorm stunned all 4 bm's, used zooming thunder, mountain seize (stunned again), hailstorm, BIDS. Wiped all 4 of them before they touched anyone b:victory

So yeah... emberstorm FTW! b:pleased
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've gotta say, I love my demon emberstorm.

While sage version not ticking charms on fully charged blasts is great, I've gotta agree with hamsta. The only time you'll see a fully charged version is on some ridiculous build on the MY-EN or private servers.

I, on the other hand, use emberstorm whenever I'm able. Because you can cancel the charge, you have an instant cast stun. Yes, its only 50%, but that can be a life saver if used correctly. Just this past tw I dropped into a BM stun squad right before they got to our main cat kill squad, emberstorm stunned all 4 bm's, used zooming thunder, mountain seize (stunned again), hailstorm, BIDS. Wiped all 4 of them before they touched anyone b:victory

So yeah... emberstorm FTW! b:pleased

Demon emberstorm is like aeolian blade (bm skill) and + it gives lot of chi. very good skill i must say.
  • SgtSlaughter - Raging Tide
    SgtSlaughter - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    demon wins paws down due to it's usage as a insta stun.
    sage = only reduction on the damage emberstorm would do to you.

only time me expect to see full charged emberstorm would be suicide bomber, heavy armor wizzies from PW-MY or something. b:chuckle

umm...............i feel like i should be playing MY then lol. im a HA wizzy and specifically thought of emberstorm and demon when doing it
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Haha, nice. The perks of demon. I want you in pk mode asap.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i think they are balanced in this way:

if you are sage, sage emberstorm is intended to be used instead of zhen in GV as it saves ur charm and actually with sage zhen it is impossible to survive a full GV as u easily aggro them all and die, while sage zhen is pretti good in TW to stun ppl around you.

while if you are demon, demon zhen is good for GV as it gives u heals that dont aggro mobs on you and demon emberstorm is nice in TW for stun.

the fact is that demon choice seems better, as in fact, even with sage emberstorm, GV without zhenning is really hard to finish.

ps.
    GV = rebirth order
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]