>.> Big Question

PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
Okay I was questing on my new main... SaphiraGione (Wizard b:cute)

Then all of a sudden this guy came up to me and said:

You really should just switch classes, you'll just suck at the end anyways.

I know this can't be true. But I still want some info on what I'm in store for in later levels

b:pleasedb:laugh

Thank You
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
Post edited by PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• \____/ - Harshlands
    \____/ - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mages rock ENDGAME if you cash shop. w/o cashopping mages are ok, just a little harder to play. this is imo

ENDGAME=90+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:bye
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *points to avatar*

Wizards are this awesome endgame.

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Hey Kona baby! b:kiss

I dun see you in game no more

You too important for me now? b:surrenderb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mages are awesome end game.. that means 100+ (not 90+) Don't know what you are looking for but mages play a crucial part of TW (killing cata pullers and aoe'ing groups) and we can hold our own in 1v1 pk.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    That....sounds ....AWESOME!

I would join a TW faction when my lvl is higher
    But after seeing World Chat Earlier Today....I don't know.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There's something to be said about asking whether wizards are good on the wizard forums. It's pretty obvious everyone will say they are. Not saying wizards aren't good but there are pros and cons to every class. Only thing you can do is keep playing and see if you enjoy it. if not, reroll. Not like it's hard getting to 90 these days.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That person didn't know what he was talking about, or maybe he thought end game was 6x or so :P.

To illustrate what an end game wizzy can do:
    HDT TW. Our attackers enter the enemy base in a big mass (yes, that was stupidb:surrender), when all of a sudden fire rains from the sky and half the attack force lies dead on the ground. The cause? An end game wizzy b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    72233609.png
    80568800.png

first SS i holy path to the other faction base alone and BID the main gate (and died right after)

2nd one i took whole cata squad all by myself and faw others otw (booster was the main target cata barb)

none if it was HFed

i think this speak for itself how much does wiz ''suck'' at end game hf on ur wiz

got lots more of this kind of SS's but u got the idea
    edited May 2010
    You...are the **** SurferGirl ^.^

And even more drama between TW factions...still don't know........ b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    surfergirl youre simply overgeared :P

not anyone can get a +10 weapon
    (or wants to spend huge loads of RL money to this greedy company)

*think positive*

still having fun with my "****" gear

tanking when tank dies /or fails, healing when cleric dies /or fails, aoe b:pleased

any other class is simply boring for me :P

btw there is no "sucking" class in pvp, only bad players, laag, gear
    in pve.. when bosses have like 10kk hp (TT), wiz sucks tbh :P
    i like potato
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I <3 my wizzy :D

They may be weak before end game but... that didn't stop me from owning a level 70 bm, 65 archer, and quite a few others at level 62 on mine :D

WIZZY POWAH!!!! b:cool
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I purposely am making it a point to be the best wizard with minimal use of the cash shop. You dont need to cash shop to be an awesome wiz, just look at Haiz.

People who say you need to cash shop should take their words and stick it up their...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I purposely am making it a point to be the best wizard with minimal use of the cash shop. You dont need to cash shop to be an awesome wiz, just look at Haiz.

People who say you need to cash shop should take their words and stick it up their...

You need to invest ALOT to become a good wizard. You can farm and merchant for hundreds and hundreds of hours in game, or you can work at a job and cash shop your way to being a good wizard. Either way, it ain't cheap :P
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Amen to that brother.
    Personaly didn't spend a single buck yet, and not planning to do. I don't need to be the best. Just wanna be abit scary in TW. 1 day, people will walk into that base and the enemy fac chat will be full of 'Sht it's Sirrobert, purge him fast. Sht, he 1shot me'

Aaa, it's nice to dream b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I <3 my wizzy :D

They may be weak before end game but... that didn't stop me from owning a level 70 bm, 65 archer, and quite a few others at level 62 on mine :D

WIZZY POWAH!!!! b:cool

omg teach me wizard, i is fail b:cry
    i like potato
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You need to invest ALOT to become a good wizard. You can farm and merchant for hundreds and hundreds of hours in game, or you can work at a job and cash shop your way to being a good wizard. Either way, it ain't cheap :P

yep thats my kind of game style instead of playing 24/7 farming my **** off i work have fun with friends have fun with my soul mate :P and also study and then buy gold and pk all day lol..

but this is not the point, the guy that made this post asked if wiz really sucks at end game like some1 told him, and most of us proved him that wiz rule cash shop or not

btw hex +10 isnt good for me anymore im going +12 , and then trying to go g 15 +12
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010

btw hex +10 isnt good for me anymore im going +12 , and then trying to go g 15 +122

SG with +122?! I didn't even know it went that high! Well.. I give up, bye *goes blue*b:cry
  • Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Okay I was questing on my new main... SaphiraGione (Wizard b:cute)

Then all of a sudden this guy came up to me and said:

You really should just switch classes, you'll just suck at the end anyways.

I know this can't be true. But I still want some info on what I'm in store for in later levels

b:pleasedb:laugh

Thank You

I bet you I can change his mind. b:laugh
  • Lolliipop - Harshlands
    Lolliipop - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol he's just butthurt from either being pk'd or ks'd.
    I bet it was a barb b:chuckle
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What about a psy with +12?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    What about a psy with +12?

wizard +12 > psy with +12 ijs

You can even ask wizards who play psychic like me and they willl say the same.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I would imagine that would be true mainly because of the Wellspring Quaff buff from Sage version. :)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I would imagine that would be true mainly because of the Wellspring Quaff buff from Sage version. :)

you should stop imagining, you are really bad at it
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Lol either he is just dumb or he tried to be ironic and funny, but failed.
    b:bye
  • PenutButer - Dreamweaver
    PenutButer - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I imagine good b:dirty
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010

i like sage wellspring quaff o.o
    its a nice ninja damage increase thing with instant channeling
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    Atherous - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    okay whoever said wizards fail is a total idiot.b:surrender

i'll admit were a VERY hard class 2 play and being a wizard is not cut out for everyone. were not like a BM or archer that are pretty easy to play no matter what. with our high dmg and rly low def we take alot of skill to master b:victory

Now that being said, there is not a single class that can destroy a wizard what has a level head and the proper ability to handle the class. If one can handle keeping the target under perm. stun lock, perm. debuffed, staying out of range and still throw spells then all the target can do is Q.Q after. there are some very simple combo's with the right genie build and a slight amount of ninja-ness that will make any class fear you. for example:

there is lvl 100 barb chillin below you:
    first use Force of will, debuff your target and to half dmg to them ( assuming that the barb is smart enough to be charmed, if their not then their idiots and deserve to die) okay so just kite and dd untill you see their charm tick. one they ticked you have 10 seconds to kill them. so what you do is expel them (genie skill look it up) and if you have some chi pots on ya this becomes easy, just demon spark, hit a chi pot, sutra and the barb is dead.

i just relized im rambling on about this but the server is down and its 2am so plz 4give me. long story short no matter what situation wizards ALWAYS have the upper hand as long as they know how to play their class.b:victory
    So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

Nef is all but a memory. Pwi may once again sleep peacefullyb:pleased
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mages don't suck endgame (don't kid yourself either, end game is 100+), you just have to invest more time and more effort into them than say a Venomancer or an Archer. Mages are pretty difficult to play properly, as you have so many skills to use at any given time. I don't think they require any more or any less gear than an archer, but like I said, you need to learn how to utilize your character properly.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atherous - Sanctuary
    Atherous - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i have to agree "end game" is 100+ but us wizzies have the ability to take out lvl 100 when we are 9x (takes a lil luck and ALOT of skill) but it can be done alot eaiser then a match up of lets say a 9xbm vs a 100 w.e b:laugh
    So what if we have bad HP, we're Chuck Norris in the damage department!!!!! b:pleased

If your going into an fb and the Barb screams "LEEROY JENKINS" as he runs into the cave, leave the party. It's only going to get worse from then on.b:shocked

Nef is all but a memory. Pwi may once again sleep peacefullyb:pleased
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I get dominated by archers.

But then again all the archers who attack me have +10 or higher cv/nirvana/rank 8 bows. WTB something to make archers hurt less.