Psychics frozen out of frost?

Glowfish - Lost City
Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Psychic
I dunno about you guys but I'm finding it near impossible to get a frost squad.

Other than the obligatory barb/cleric everyone wants the perfect squad to contain archer/bm/wizzy/herc.veno

Any tips on how on earth can I convince people to let me join the squad? >.<

I guess it will be easier during double exp as there will be more squads...but it's damned annoying during normal times b:angry
Post edited by Glowfish - Lost City on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    you need moar friends.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    yehiknowright.

It's kinda a little bit harder playing in a southern hemisphere timezone.

Australian FTL
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People should realize that psychics spammable aoes hit for more than wizard's dragon's breath as well as not requiring a spark. Psychics also work in tandem with bms to lengthen the stun with earth vector, as well as controlling agro circles, having that nice little survivability of Psychic will before pulling all the aggro on your first hit.

Perfect Frost squad:
    Bm (aoe stun, aoe hf, and nearly spammable damage aoes)
    Psychic (aoe stun, freeze, accuracy reduction, spammable aoe damage)
    Assassin (aoe amp, and 400% aoe with short recharge)
    Herc Veno (aoe poison, aoe seal/freeze, additional sparks for other classes as needed, effective tank for all but 1 boss unless incompetant)
    Cleric (duh, heals)
    anything for last slot: barb (hp buff), archer (aoe hp debuff, barrage), wizard (dragon's breath, water buff for melee), or repeat of other classes.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
    edited May 2010
    1 BM dragon + 1 wizzy BT/BIDS = dead mobs. (can't get much moar faster than instant death. Yes wizzies can channel while the mobs are still being gathered and drop it right when the BM uses drags.)
    waay faster than either BD or psy aoe spam.
    + easy chi regen from master li tech, frostblade, and elemental shield = virtually spammable.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Maybe hamsta can use his super powers to find me some frost friends o.O
    Psychic will before pulling all the aggro on your first hit.

omg, so logical. I really shouldn't have had to be told this.

I died a couple of times in my first frost b:surrender

But then, I've only managed to do 1.3 runs QQ
  • Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1 BM dragon + 1 wizzy BT/BIDS = dead mobs. (can't get much moar faster than instant death. Yes wizzies can channel while the mobs are still being gathered and drop it right when the BM uses drags.)
    waay faster than either BD or psy aoe spam.
    + easy chi regen from master li tech, frostblade, and elemental shield = virtually spammable.

I always get several whispers a day to FC, and some are from random people.
    I'm almost always never grouped with a Wiz either.

I'm not saying wizards stink at FC, just that I've never had some one say: "Oh ****, you mean we have to bring a Psychic instead of a wizard!?".

......Now those hamsters in FC are horrible! There gonna replace us all!

How much food can be stored in there cheeks? (Nerf)
    Who doesn't love pie!?
    edited May 2010
    I'm almost always never grouped with a Wiz either.

I'm not saying wizards stink at FC, just that I've never had some one say: "Oh ****, you mean we have to bring a Psychic instead of a wizard!?".

......Now those hamsters in FC are horrible! There gonna replace us all!

How much food can be stored in there cheeks? (Nerf)

b:avoid
    *store store store*
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    edited May 2010

I guess Harshlands doesn't suffer from the same tideborn racism as Lost City.

I've tried worldchatting to join squads, to make squads...responded to requests for more people etc. Today I got a pm back "no one takes tb on frost runs".

Grrrr b:angry

Maybe once I pass the magical 9x mark it'll be different...but that's gonna be some months away at this rate.
    edited May 2010
    me still get random invites to frost
    X_X"
    d(^.^)'
    it be all good
    :p
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Every Psy ive had in a FF run with me have been completely useless so I state when searching for the other DD apart from myself that we do not want a psy. Im not saying I dont like them but untill people start to learn their class instead of oracle noobing into the 80/90s I will just kick all failures out of my FF squads no matter what the class.
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    me and one more psychic in FF are pretty powerful and cleaning groups sooo easily. i even pick up what barb does not on aside. just mega own. but i'm pro. <3
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Every Psy ive had in a FF run with me have been completely useless so I state when searching for the other DD apart from myself that we do not want a psy. Im not saying I dont like them but untill people start to learn their class instead of oracle noobing into the 80/90s I will just kick all failures out of my FF squads no matter what the class.

Do us a favor and don't assume every Psychic you meet is a fail just because some are, ijs. b:bye

There's no point in saying "learn your class first" if you're not gonna give a legitimate chance to the ones who already learned it.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ryukage wrote: »
    Do us a favor and don't assume every Psychic you meet is a fail just because some are, ijs. b:bye

There's no point in saying "learn your class first" if you're not gonna give a legitimate chance to the ones who already learned it.

+1

I'm sorry, but there are farrrrrrr more other people whom I FF with that do not know how to play their class other than Psys. Just yesterday, we had a cler whom... er.... felt she had an "unconventional" way of healing. Yeah, she was opposed to squad heals and despised BB. Of course, she did not let us know till big room, when barb was coming w/ entire room, and she refused to BB, stating "No Need"....

Do not assume oracle noobs are limited to Tideborn, because you'd be incredibly incorrect.

Back on topic.. I dunno bout you, but I'm an FF frequent. People almost always accept me in squad for FFs if I ask. However, I'd like to say, from my experience FFing, I've come to find that I very much prefer to be paired with another class DD. Not that 2x Psys in FFs are bad, however, I've found 1 Psy, 1 other DD to be Farrrr more productive:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Kyourimaru - Lost City
    Kyourimaru - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I guess Harshlands doesn't suffer from the same tideborn racism as Lost City.

I've tried worldchatting to join squads, to make squads...responded to requests for more people etc. Today I got a pm back "no one takes tb on frost runs".

Grrrr b:angry

Maybe once I pass the magical 9x mark it'll be different...but that's gonna be some months away at this rate.

Dunno about that o.O im in lost city, and a Aussie and get into FF's just fine, just tell them 95% of our actual DD'ing atks are aoes and they'll roll with it b:victory Also, we have one bonus over some other DD's, our aoe heal for support, always helps to put a IH on people before the mobs rock up :P
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You either need more friends or a better faction (or one if you're not in one).

I've never had any issues getting into FC. In fact, my very first run was even before I hit 85 (and it's actually hard for any class to get in before 85). Rebirths on the other hand...been on one at 74. Haven't been back since. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Question, does enjoying trying to die and laughing maniacally when I succeed make me useless?
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    no...you a masochistic and a freak o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    I must see this@_@""""
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010

So im guessing that TB who were 80+ within the first week of the TB being released learnt their class like everyone else did by questing and doing dailies such as CS and WQ?
    I'm sorry, but there are farrrrrrr more other people whom I FF with that do not know how to play their class other than Psys. Just yesterday, we had a cler whom... er.... felt she had an "unconventional" way of healing. Yeah, she was opposed to squad heals and despised BB. Of course, she did not let us know till big room, when barb was coming w/ entire room, and she refused to BB, stating "No Need"....

Do not assume oracle noobs are limited to Tideborn, because you'd be incredibly incorrect.

I didnt say that oracle noobs were limited to TB, I said anyone who is a failure will get kicked from my FF squads and all the psys ive had in my FF squads have been useless in terms of gear and their knowledge of skills. Big room boss with the little guy spawning, we remind squad no aoes so no one does but the psy we had used an aoe, killed the little guy, got half the squad killed including the cleric then said "sorry i didnt know that skill was aoe" Now please tell him that he was not an oracle noob..

Ive also had a fail cleric who refused to heal the DDs killing harpy because she said they are not tank therefore i shouldnt heal them.
    Question, does enjoying trying to die and laughing maniacally when I succeed make me useless?
    No because I do it myself but I still think about the squad before I try to get myself killed.
  • XxKarleyxx - Lost City
    XxKarleyxx - Lost City Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I dunno about you guys but I'm finding it near impossible to get a frost squad.

Other than the obligatory barb/cleric everyone wants the perfect squad to contain archer/bm/wizzy/herc.veno

I agree with you that there are a lot of people only looking for certain classes (not including us Psychics). I see it in world chat all the time and sometimes out of curiosity, I whisper them to find out if I would be allowed to go, and of course its usually a no ("We need a wizard").

I'm pretty lucky though because I'm in an awesome faction that is happy to take me if there's room and if I'm on at the time. Usually the times are fine too, by the way, I'm a kiwi b:cute
    me and one more psychic in FF are pretty powerful and cleaning groups sooo easily. i even pick up what barb does not on aside. just mega own. but i'm pro. <3

I can relate to this =P I've never actually had a Wizard with me in a Frost run before. Have had myself and another Psychic though b:chuckle
  • ryukage
    edited May 2010
    So im guessing that TB who were 80+ within the first week of the TB being released learnt their class like everyone else did by questing and doing dailies such as CS and WQ?

Last time I checked, this wasn't the first week; yet you blatantly stated that you always specify "we don't want a psy". Your statement holds no ground.
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Last time I checked, this wasn't the first week; yet you blatantly stated that you always specify "we don't want a psy". Your statement holds no ground.

If you read what i said, I said im guessing that the psys that were 80+ in the first week of release learnt their class like everyone else right? I dont want psys in my FF squads, i dont care what you say, every psy ive had has been a complete failure so why would i waste my time with getting a psy just to kick them and have to waste more time finding another DD
    edited May 2010
    If you read what i said, I said im guessing that the psys that were 80+ in the first week of release learnt their class like everyone else right? I dont want psys in my FF squads, i dont care what you say, every psy ive had has been a complete failure so why would i waste my time with getting a psy just to kick them and have to waste more time finding another DD

Prime example of virtual racismb:bye

... er.. or would that be "classism"?b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    Prime example of virtual racismb:bye

... er.. or would that be "classism"?b:question

or...mayhaps just failism.
    discriminating against fails.
    o.o'
    still, me has to agree there be some pretty dumb fish out there.
    x.x'
    alot would just blast out a aoe before tank gets aggro or before the BM could stun
    >.>'
    then drop dead near instantly since they had black voodoo on
    or some other thing like that.
    x.x'
    still, a decent psi be nice for bosses me suppose.
    1 BM + wiz ulti usually wipes out the mob pulls
    (>.<)'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010

if so then pwi's entire bm population is screwed

its kinda a class requisite
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited May 2010
    if so then pwi's entire bm population is screwed

its kinda a class requisite

So Joshcja, me see you be trying to apply for teh position of BM.
    Do you has a good manacle laugh?
    Do you has suicidal tendencies?
    Do you has the odd habit of running face first past the tank into large groups of mobs to light them on fire?
    If yesh to all of these, welcome aboard!
    ^_^
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So Joshcja, me see you be trying to apply for teh position of BM.
    Do you has a good manacle laugh?
    Do you has suicidal tendencies?
    Do you has the odd habit of running face first past the tank into large groups of mobs to light them on fire?
    If yesh to all of these, welcome aboard!
    ^_^

yes

yes

do bosses count as mobs?

does feeding them to a pair of circleing burny dragons count as "settign em on fire"

can i has a cookie?

if yes glad to be here and still no foods for you >.>
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited May 2010
    yes

yes

do bosses count as mobs?

does feeding them to a pair of circleing burny dragons count as "settign em on fire"

can i has a cookie?

if yes glad to be here and still no foods for you >.>

yesh bosses be included of the category of mobs.
    yesh circleish burny dragons count.
    hmm trade me sunflower seeds and you can has the cookie.
    and no taking me noms.
    :<
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I played a cleric before i played a psy. I think I got the aggro thing down, I knew very well when to heal the tank and I play the same when I AOE mobs in FF. I have never been turned down for FF, if I find one in wc, I whisper my lvl and class, invite. If it's in faction, invite =)

I don't die, unless I am super tired I will die on a big pull for not paying attention. I don't think I have died in FF since my 80s. Even though I did kinda lvl fast, I didn't ff until 88 and I think I can play the class pretty well.

But like I said, I have never had a problem getting in FF. I guess if people are going to assume, they may get left out of the quality psys, which is their loss, I know quite a few great psy =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • ryukage
    edited May 2010
    I'm willing to bet I've seen more fail Wizards than you have fail Psychics. And I'm not exaggerating either. It's almost embarrassing having to explain to 8x and 9x wizards why they keep pulling aggro when we have a BM tanking the boss.

Still, do I go out on a vendetta again Wizards? Nah, because I'm not effing ret'arded enough as a squad leader to assume that all players of a class are on equal footing. GTFO our forum please.
This discussion has been closed.