3D vision and PWI?

layergun
layergun Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Support Desk
Just want to know if anyone has played PWI with 3D vision? and what is it like?

As I'm intrested in upgrading my rig.
Post edited by layergun on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    layergun wrote: »
    Just want to know if anyone has played PWI with 3D vision? and what is it like?

As I'm intrested in upgrading my rig.

I tried, it didn't work, never even enabled in the game, like it does in the other games I've tried successfully to use it on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • layergun
    layergun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thats a shame, I think maybe the dev's should think about making a patch for 3d support.
    This game already look's amazing with all setting's set to max.It would have been quite something.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It is a good idea, but I think it is never going to happen.

Maybe when it is mass market with 70% penetration, but as of right now at less then .01% of the consumer market, it is not feasible and not worth the investment.

IMHO, 3d glasses are pointless and is over 50 years old technology/borderlines on being a gimmick. The Sega Master System had it in the 1980s. When 3d displays work without glasses, then it will take off b:victory

I'm looking forward to what Nintendo does with their 3DS doing 3d without glasses needed.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Renegade_Elf - Heavens Tear
    Renegade_Elf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    3D glasses aren't as old as 50 years, of course the ones you think of. The paper glasses with two colours of plastic in it.

But there is something else on the market now, as well. Take a look at http://vuzix.co.uk/. This company makes virtual glasses, you know; the kind the saiyans use in Dragonball Z and such. they are getting better by the year. First there was no 2D/3D support, now there is support for 2D/3D. Now they are trying to develop video glasses which also can implement reality in video. Augmented Reality they are calling it.

I would actually like to be able to play PWI in 3D on such glasses, of course I will need to buy one first.
This discussion has been closed.