VIT vs. PURE

Tryagain - Harshlands
Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
I know there are a billion of these, but I want opinions from high end clerics that are involved in very competitive TWs.

At the moment I have around 130 VIT. I can live decently long against the swarm of +10 archers, BMs, assassins on our server.

I'm debating whether I want to switch to pure Magic or not. I realize I will obviously lose a lot of health, but will the extra strength of ironheart make up for it?

I don't care about killing people, I'm talking about from a purely survival standpoint.

Obviously I will have more chance of being 1-shot, but if I already have ironheart stacked, will I survive longer than having ironheart stacked with that much VIT?
Post edited by Tryagain - Harshlands on

Comments

• mub
    mub Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1 hit x.x and i'm dead b:cry
  • Healing_Hand - Dreamweaver
    Healing_Hand - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just go Heavy Armor thats probably your best bet
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    are u sharded hp or p def
    Lost City FTW
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Keep the vit until you get obescene refines and citrines.
    And even then, it will depends on your playstyle, you can keep some vit to have more and more hp.
    +1000 hp is always welcomed, especially for TW/support cleric style IMO.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm sharded primarily garnets about a 3:1 ratio garnets:citrines
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Good thing you went for garnets imho. The extra vit is a perfect buffer for the lack of citrines. To be honest, if you really don't care about PvE and killing stuff and want to spec exclusively for TW, I'd do stat reqs for your weapon, and dump EVERYTHING else into vit. Weaker IH for sure but, weaker IH >>>>> no IH.

And no, I'm not pulling it outta my ****. I spent a good year in a TW faction that used to own half a map as one of the main cata clerics. I just got annoyed coz I went from being able to tank 10 people one week to dropping to 3 hits from a +12 bow the next coz of anni packs and dragon orb sales xD

I actually wanted to try the above spec myself, but I ended up quitting so yeah. Hopefully it works out for ya :]
    b:dirty
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    if your sharded garnets with that vit maybe its better to stay that way? im full mag sharded with garnet and im thinking to shard 100 vit just for the survivability in tw. its a loss of a 1-2k attack but double the gain, hp and def wise froma pure mag to vit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan