Healing Melees in Aoe range without BB

Roxiann - Heavens Tear
Roxiann - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
I've been wanting to ask this question for a while. This seems to go along with the other question of where to stand during BB. When you can't use BB how do you usually heal when your the only cleric in squad (or only present cleric) when there are 2 or more melees and the boss has aoes.

I don't have my aoe heal leveled so its usually not within range of the melee classes. I usually heal the tank and then hit a Wellspring on everyone I can but its sort of a lot of work. With a full squad and everyone getting hit by aoes, Wellspring 5 times and still keeping IH stacked on tank, and sometimes you can't get to everyone before another aoe hits. That or stacking IH on tank, aoe heal everyone in range (if it doesn't get cancled) then Wellspring on other melees, which is usually too slow so someone usually dies before I can get to everyone. So It's usually throwing Wellspring on everyone who has been hit while keeping IH stacked on tank.

I've always wondered if everyone does it this way or if I'm missing something?
Lvl 7x Cleric
Lvl 3x Veno
Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
Post edited by Roxiann - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When I was 8x and did Polearm/Gaurnob for BH, I would use my squad heal for the squishies and IH for the tank. If the tank was high enough level or I thought he could handle it, I would toss IHs or Wellsprings on the melees. If the tank has bad gear or is underleveled, I warn the melees that they're going to have to pot because I have to focus on the tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • NyssOne - Raging Tide
    NyssOne - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Group heal when you cant BB is the only way to go. Otherwise yes you are using more energy trying to keep everyone alive. Keep in mind that your heals are directly affected by the Mag of your weapon. A good cleric needs a good mag weapon to up the % of base mag attack that is being distributed.

Also go for -channeling gears, this will help you pop more off in a couple of seconds verses the boss's aoe time. After you through a group heal then focus on those it didnt hit hard enough, of course the tank is first in this, then your dd's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NomNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNom
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yep look for -channeling gears, i am currently using necklace of the legion -3% and i have some level 77 gears ready in my invent with -6%
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Or you can find yourself a tank that knows how to interrupt AoEs. Every AoE from BH bosses are interruptable (a word?).
    Sure, a lot of guys won't show when they're gonna use their AoEs, so it can be hard sometimes (you'll only know when they stop attacking).
    The only guys who I've noticed cannot be interrupted are: Lord of Percussion and Soulbanisher (both in TT1-X). And those guys you still have to use BB for or the clerics will die.

If nothing else works, have everyone except melees outside AoE-range. Makes your life easier.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Generally speaking, melees have a pretty good HP cushion that helps them to survive an attack from a boss, so you won't have to insta-heal them if the boss lauches an aoe.

The problem with aoe heal is its long casting time, also that makes you (most of the times) get inside the boss AoE if you wanna reach everyone... and that can be risky.

My personal preference is not to use AoE heal unless strictly necessary (such as some TT and FC bosses) and try to do an alternated spam heal on every squad member, but always healing the tank.

heal tank, heal DD1, heal tank, heal DD2, heal tank, heal DD3, and so on.

Works fine on almost every boss I've fighted so far. But it really depends a lot on the squad build and how the boss AoE affect each squad member if is better to use AoE heal or spam heal each one.

Just keep practicin' and once you get the experience you'll see when is better use each type of heal. b:victory
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]