Cursed or general Barb problem?

Watain - Raging Tide
Watain - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Barbarian
I've noticed that when I run Bh's or FB's, I tend to get the least amount of drops in squad...
A couple of days ago, I ran 2 FB19s, 2 FB39s and my own 3 BH59s. At the end of all runs, I noticed that I had picked up a total of 2 DQ drops, a stamp and a bracer. And the same results applied to every other BH and FB ever since. It's really starting to bother me, because I lose about 100k per day to repairs, while not making any money. b:cry

Of course, theres always the option of asking the rest of the squad for "donations" at the end of the run, or settling the "barb gets first, cleric second pick" thing, but I dont do that when running with guildies, and when in random squad, most people tend to run for it before handing an item over.
Enough complaining. My basic question is: am I the only one, or do other barbs have the same problem?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Watain - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sometimes I do feel like I get less drops than those in squad. Like when I do BH Warsong Metal, I rarely get an item there.

But, its probably just us making ourselves think something is up, when its just pure bad luck. <___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • CruiseWolf - Heavens Tear
    CruiseWolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well im almost the same, even grinding nonstop for 3hours yeah is a long time, i rarely cut even with my repairs and im suppose to be grinding for coin, im not aoe grinding tho. then i would go in the negative with coin.

Also in bh's and fbs i also dont get much drops some times i dont even get, only pots. not to mention mold drops, only got 3 ever and that was on my alt account. ( got 4 chars above 80)

But i got my fist bm funding my barb lol she makes way more coin and lower repairs
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've noticed that when I run Bh's or FB's, I tend to get the least amount of drops in squad...
    A couple of days ago, I ran 2 FB19s, 2 FB39s and my own 3 BH59s. At the end of all runs, I noticed that I had picked up a total of 2 DQ drops, a stamp and a bracer. And the same results applied to every other BH and FB ever since. It's really starting to bother me, because I lose about 100k per day to repairs, while not making any money. b:cry

Of course, theres always the option of asking the rest of the squad for "donations" at the end of the run, or settling the "barb gets first, cleric second pick" thing, but I dont do that when running with guildies, and when in random squad, most people tend to run for it before handing an item over.
    Enough complaining. My basic question is: am I the only one, or do other barbs have the same problem?

Your unlucky b:surrender . And I never even reached THAT high of repair bill in my life b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Watain - Raging Tide
    Watain - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your unlucky . And I never even reached THAT high of repair bill in my life

Well, its "about" 100k, depending on wether I play on a weekday or weekend. During weekdays, I usually only have time for my BH's and maybe a FB or two. And I help out a lot on world bosses and such. One BH run ends up in about 12-15k repairs, and doing 3 or more results in round about 45k in repairs. On the weekends its even worse.

And concering me being unlucky: Im gonna go and jump off a bridge now... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I tend to notice I dont get that many drops either. *shrugs* could be coding, I was in a BH59 before where this one Sin got every single stamp that dropped (5 of them).
  • AlynNewton - Heavens Tear
    AlynNewton - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think that it is a general barb problem. Clerics that I know have the same issue.

Based on what I have seen, I do not believe that "random" drops are truely random, "everyone has an equal chance", but are modified or weighted by either strictly damage dealt or damage taken versus damage dealt. Probably does not include HP because clerics seem to get fewer drops but veno's do not.

The higher the level difference, the fewer drops, but in BH squads there may be also be an average squad level modifier to determine number and type, but distribution definitely skewed.

A GM could possibly tell us more if they know the programing.

As it is, part of being a barb. :)
  • HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide
    HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ran through a few FB51s , Our barb got 2 Molds.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    although during the early stages of the game it seemed that i kept losing drops to other dmg dealers, once i started gettin to higher lvls i'ven't been havin too many problems.. I usually end up with a book/mold in fb/bh 89.. atleast once in two runs.. so im ok with that b:thanks
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    you know what about every class complains about this once in a while just speaking from personal experience so i really think its just pure luck or badluck depending on how many drops you get
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your unlucky b:surrender . And I never even reached THAT high of repair bill in my life b:shocked

One FF run and 146K repairs. The very next run: 78K repairs.

As far as random drops go...sometimes it works in your favor, most of the time it doesn't. QQ and move on, it's not going to change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    could be luck or real bad luck, but when a drop molds or flawless/immaculate or books drop I have high chance of getting that, when bosses drop DQ or white stuff item i rarelly get that part of loot.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • NoPainNoGain - Dreamweaver
    NoPainNoGain - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, its "about" 100k, depending on wether I play on a weekday or weekend. During weekdays, I usually only have time for my BH's and maybe a FB or two. And I help out a lot on world bosses and such. One BH run ends up in about 12-15k repairs, and doing 3 or more results in round about 45k in repairs. On the weekends its even worse.

And concering me being unlucky: Im gonna go and jump off a bridge now... b:pleased

thats ur unlucky?<.< i never had a mold, and i nearly ever gets drops in the bh's, i c so many ppls get all of the 3* and i dont even get a pot, clerics doesent seem to get much aswell, unfair <.< barbs are the only one who realy pays a repair bill, and we dont get drops. Yesterday in BH69 there was 3 mold drops, and the guy who had to afk got em all!! b:angry
    my guesses are: barbs are cursed b:cry
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    thats ur unlucky?<.< i never had a mold, and i nearly ever gets drops in the bh's, i c so many ppls get all of the 3* and i dont even get a pot, clerics doesent seem to get much aswell, unfair <.< barbs are the only one who realy pays a repair bill, and we dont get drops. Yesterday in BH69 there was 3 mold drops, and the guy who had to afk got em all!! b:angry
    I second that!!!b:cryb:cry
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Wine your own BHs for drops then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol when i play barb then i tend to get 3* and mold drops in bhs, some molds on cleric, 3* items on veno usually and nothing good on archer.
  • Minimuss - Sanctuary
    Minimuss - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I heard other barbs saying that they get less drops in rebirth too (shards, oht mats etc.). Dunno if it's true
  • Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Running FC's my barb got 2 gold weps, 2 gold ornaments and i never seen anything else drop in here so i got it all ( greedy eyes ) lol.

But in BH's and stuff yeah, my normal drops are usually **** ( like 1 out of 25 DQ drops, no 3* or molds )

But shrugs...the gold FC weps make up the small DQ drops that i don't get :P
  • Buknoybobo - Sanctuary
    Buknoybobo - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i have been having the same problem.i did bh with random squad then i only get 3 DQ items and a bunch of crappy arrows.personally i think its only bad luck but since many is having the same problem then it might be something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SUPAH TINEH SUPAH SLAM!!!b:angry
    my keyboard is broken so if there are any wrong spellings then just try to understad them
  • Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver
    Xsayarsa - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think it's just luck. I've gotten some pretty good drops before, but it's a bit rare. I.E., I missed quite a few three stars last night but did manage to get a good mold. And for the record, I never ask for a drop from others unless I tabbed or someone offers it to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]