Fashion Fixed

Options
Alasen - Heavens Tear
Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I looked on the last couple pages of the main and another thread but didnt' see frankie or anyone mention it so..... there's a NEW patch as of right now. Log out and reload the game, fashion's fixed :D

Makes me wonder.... I got told quite a few times that they couldn't fix anything or remove anything (like the horns for example and we know they can modify the boutique w/o shutting anythign down) without planning it for the next maint., shutting the servers down... etc etc. I guess that's not true either huh? they just flew in a new 5 second patch "express mail" to fix the bug from last night lmao.
Post edited by Alasen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kaieza - Heavens Tear
    Kaieza - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Fashion is fixed but the T.born face glitch is back. At this point i cant help but just laugh. b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Makes me wonder.... I got told quite a few times that they couldn't fix anything or remove anything (like the horns for example and we know they can modify the boutique w/o shutting anythign down) without planning it for the next maint., shutting the servers down... etc etc. I guess that's not true either huh? they just flew in a new 5 second patch "express mail" to fix the bug from last night lmao.
    If the bug is entirely client-side, then it can be patched at any time.

Bugs involving things which affect data transmission (e.g. movement) or client/server synch (e.g. new type of cat shop, new skills/mobs) need to be fixed with a coordinated server and client patch.

The horns they should've been able to remove from the cash shop at any time, since they've demonstrated that capability in the past (they did a 1 hour training esoterica sale as a test). I'll leave the speculation as to why they left the horns in for a week up to you.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol wow... i keep seeing things bout a face glitch.... but everything's normal for me idk what u all mean.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Fashion is fixed but the T.born face glitch is back. At this point i cant help but just laugh. b:beatup

LOL funny if its true. I haven't logged to see that yet though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Haxxz - Harshlands
    Haxxz - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Yeah, seems it's a case of fix one thing and break another.
  • Kaieza - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol wow... i keep seeing things bout a face glitch.... but everything's normal for me idk what u all mean.

The face glitch only happens with certain graphic cards. They fixed it with this update but in turn cause all the alpha textures on fashion to bug out on all graphic cards.

Fixed the fashion and the faces are bugged again. b:chuckle So I guess its back to the drawling board on the face glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    But I have an answer to this problem!

Ugly fashion=less fashion sales=less money for PWE.

TB faces have no cashshop impact.

Solution: Scrap TB face fix for fashion fix.

See i haz PWE logic too!b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    my...... MY FACE!!!!!b:shockedb:sadb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

*prefers fixed fashion on which is spend quite some coins to get & dye then some screwed up fish face, and guys never look at the face anyway b:chuckle *
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyandesu
    nyandesu Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I prefer fashion being fixed over the TB face/skin color. b:chuckle I don't have a Tideborn anyway.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    NUUUU! my psychics lovely face!!b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • nyandesu
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wait.. for clarification..

People who saw the fish face correctly with matching skin color now CANNOT see it correctly?
  • Kaieza - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    nyandesu wrote: »
    Wait.. for clarification..

People who saw the fish face correctly with matching skin color now CANNOT see it correctly?

Only with certain graphic cards there is a bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    seems interesting that the two are correlated in this way.. maybe that'll help them figure out a better way to go about fixing the tb face glitch. @ devs, thanks for trying, anyways!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    But I have an answer to this problem!

Ugly fashion=less fashion sales=less money for PWE.

TB faces have no cashshop impact.

Solution: Scrap TB face fix for fashion fix.

See i haz PWE logic too!b:surrender

LMAO....good thing I made my character back in December...Face changes don't affect someone with the ORIGINAL TB settings.....b:victory
  • nyandesu
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Only with certain graphic cards there is a bug.

Yes, I know, I was just wondering if the fashion fix now made those cards have that bug. Thanks.
  • Kaieza - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    nyandesu wrote: »
    Yes, I know, I was just wondering if the fashion fix now made those cards have that bug. Thanks.

No the recent fashion fix didn't make the cards have the face bug(that bug has been there for certain graphic cards since the original release of Rising Tides). One of the things in the update Wednesday night was supposed to fix the face glitch(which it did), but something in the update messed up the alpha mapping(or something like that) on the fashion. So when they went into fix the fashion I'm guessing the removed the new files that fixed the Tideborn faces. So we have our fashion back but we also have the face glitch back too XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *** * *** DAmn1!!
    my tb finally have human skin. . b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    could someone WITH this face glitch post a pic or post a link to one in the threads if u KNOW where one is in a certain thread? I'd like to actually see what you're talking about lol

And Usagi, fishies arent' human lol
  • frozenstar
    frozenstar Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    could someone WITH this face glitch post a pic or post a link to one in the threads if u KNOW where one is in a certain thread? I'd like to actually see what you're talking about lol

Here ya go.

glitchb.jpg
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    O wow....... ok ya i don't have this problem lol. never seen anything like it before either, on anything....b:shocked
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't see this problem either. I think it only depends on the person's graphics card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seems to Apply to most ATI graphics card, but not to nVidia cards. So thats 50% of the major graphics cards out there it affects (including me. b:surrender)
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

But i am a human . . b:surrender
    Or maybe a rabbit . . b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...