blue names dropping items upon death?

Elirynn - Sanctuary
Elirynn - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
If anyone can clear up if blue names actually drop items upon death it would be greatly appreciated! b:victory

Forum search doesn't love me much, but I tried b:thanks

This all came around to me either dropping SoF upon death or simply misplacing them. b:cry I've checked my alts but no dice...b:shocked
Post edited by Elirynn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    To be honest i'm not sure. A long time ago i could of sworn i dropped something. but i dun think so.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It used to be a blue name would drop on death if killed by a mob, but the percentage was tiny.

Then they redid the dropping system when they incorporated gear shatter, and I'm not too sure if you can or cannot drop upon death any more. I think you can, but the percentage is something ridiculously small. Ridiculously small.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Blue names are not supposed to be able to drop any items on death period. The chance for white names is 1%.

Now with that being said there have been a few bugs reported where blue names would drop an item on death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Answer Here

Blue name has a 1% chance to drop item from your inventory when killed by a monster.
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Answer Here

Blue name has a 1% chance to drop item from your inventory when killed by a monster.

I checked out the same page, if I'm not mistaken Blue Name's chance of drop is "N/A".

I know I can't sell 200+ SoF on accident to a merchant, and no one has my password. My password is an acronym of a random phrase, with random capitalization, and numbers added b:sad
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Answer Here

I do wonder about the time when this page was last updated. You see, you can even see the naked baby icon for the guardian charm. b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I checked out the same page, if I'm not mistaken Blue Name's chance of drop is "N/A".

I know I can't sell 200+ SoF on accident to a merchant, and no one has my password. My password is an acronym of a random phrase, with random capitalization, and numbers added b:sad
    Look under "death Penalty" and then look under the "Killed by a Monster" Column.
    Dispite color of name, everyone has a 1% chance to drop an item from thier inventory when killed by a monster.

I do wonder about the time when this page was last updated. You see, you can even see the naked baby icon for the guardian charm. b:laugh

Yea, I could've remember reading somewhere on the forums about losing items while blue name was completely removed with the introduction of gear shattering so this might be old...though its the only thing I can find atm to answer OP's question =/
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited May 2010

the last one on the far right EVERY ONE has a 1% chance to drop to a mob Blue names are N/A in drops for PvP thats the one u were lookin at
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yea, I could've remember reading somewhere on the forums about losing items while blue name was completely removed with the introduction of gear shattering so this might be old...though its the only thing I can find atm to answer OP's question =/

I heard about that too. At least you tried finding an answer.

-Updated!-

from: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=368092

Q: What happens to players who have blue names?
    A: There used to be a small chance that a blue named player might drop items from his bag upon death. This chance has now been removed.

Here is your answer.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes - most recent info from a GM is that the chance is supopsed to be zero.

Information was copied to the wiki:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Dying
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010

If a stacked item drops, the maximum number that would drop is 20.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Elirynn - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Ahh really cleared up b:thanks I appreciate everyones answers

I still have no idea where my SoF went...b:surrender I guess I have to start from scratch *sigh* x_x
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When WBs first came out i dropped my picaxe when SWordtamer killed me QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Blue name 1% chance to drop item in inventory or equipped item. Guardian Scrolls will prevent this. But are not perfectly effective if you are the darkest red name.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Blue name 1% chance to drop item in inventory or equipped item. Guardian Scrolls will prevent this. But are not perfectly effective if you are the darkest red name.

RAWR! I'm a tiger

Again, this is not true anymore. Since Shatter was introduced, blue name will not drop items, period. scroll back in the forum and follow the link to the thread Spoons wrote explaining shatter when it was introduced.

Blue names now drop nothing, ever, when they die.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It is also a good thing you don't have full inventory when fighting make some space in it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There were at least 2 occasions when I dropped items under a blue name.

But that was quite a while ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You probably dropped them. I dropped dew of star in 3-3 while blue name less than a month ago.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    pwi & bug fixing u believe in miracles still ? latest bug is u can drop items when ur guardian scrolls are stacked.. u need to unstack them to work properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear
    ZOMBIENATION - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lol i was lvl 64 and dropped 75 logs after being murdered by some water casting adalwolfs by tough man tei, and my gf was playing once in fb 51, and she dropped alot of stuff and her friend cameron had to pick it all up for her lol and neither of us ever pked b4, this was probably right after the first ever xmas even in dec of like 2008
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The chance to drop while blue should be 0%. If you drop anything submit a ticket to have it restored.

I've never dropped anything while blue named since they added the safety lock / shattered gear stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Submit a ticket here:
    http://support.perfectworld.com/

A GM should be able to track down what exactly happened to your item.
This discussion has been closed.