Flame on....they're back...

Discuss.
Post edited by Born_Free - Harshlands on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Seriously?

There's nothing to discuss at this point. It was covered during the re-re-re-release of Annis.

Then again with Corals.

Nothing said in this thread would be new.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyandesu
    nyandesu Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I.. find myself unable to care anymore. They should just go ahead and put them into the cash shop permanently.
  • Darkjagans - Heavens Tear
    Darkjagans - Heavens Tear Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    nyandesu wrote: »
    I.. find myself unable to care anymore. They should just go ahead and put them into the cash shop permanently.
    Ahhhh.... so true
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    these couldnt have come at a better time for me tbh, right at the end of my exams, and just as i bought gold xD
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Packs will never become perm - PWI makes more money when they cycle them. It builds expectation and raises gold prices, which amongst other things, is a big incentive for people to charge zen.

They don't take them out just to please you and give the economy a breather I'm afriad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    these couldnt have come at a better time for me tbh, right at the end of my exams, and just as i bought gold xD

/wrists
    b:surrender
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    nyandesu wrote: »

^ This is so true.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • $Feanor$ - Dreamweaver
    $Feanor$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Packs are important to the game.....do you want to spend a decade trying to farm end game gear ? ... they are usefull and are the things that are keeping this game "Free to Play" . The developers are not doing charity here...so those who dont use cash try to understand the importance of cash shop for urself instead of QQing all the way.....b:thanks (Waiting for warsoul packs b:victory)
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Packs are important to the game.....do you want to spend a decade trying to farm end game gear ? ... they are usefull and are the things that are keeping this game "Free to Play" . The developers are not doing charity here...so those who dont use cash try to understand the importance of cash shop for urself instead of QQing all the way.....b:thanks (Waiting for warsoul packs b:victory)

http://incredimazing.com/static/media/2009/11/12/Coolstorybro/CoolStoryBro.jpg
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010

either you are being very sarcastic (this is my hope) or you have swallowed the idea that has been marketed. if that is the case

129092786498235257.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LinkAway - Sanctuary
    LinkAway - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2010

End game gear should be a great achievement of the character. It should cost tons of TONS of coins. Shards imbued in it (lets say flawless) should be REALLY expensive.
    That's what used to be and to rule on PWI. Now everyone has TT99/Nirvana with Perfect citrines refined +6 thanks to what ? To these maaaarveeeellouuus packs ! At first, PWI was a game where you were like "What ? I need to farm at least 16 hours a day during 4 months to get one piece of that Lv99 armor (if you could get to 99 hahahahaha) ? Oh okay let's go farming !!", now its more like "Hahaha TT99 armor, let's charge some zen and i'll get it in 10 minutes." or "Let's summon herc and camp in TT for 2 days." Interesting way of playing.
    Though, you could get a whole cool outfit for 1 milion. You could win money with Chests of Coins. You could enjoy the game.

Depends on people, but PWI used to be really a challenge to be played. That was cool. Almost no game can offer a challenge (challenge that a lot of players are looking for). I guess that's what made his appeal. Nowadays, as long as you have a credit card, and even not anymore with tokens and everything, you can get high level with awesome gear within 1 month.
    Saying packs serve the game is a shame. Nothing much.
    either you are being very sarcastic (this is my hope) or you have swallowed the idea that has been marketed. if that is the case

129092786498235257.jpg

You're doing it right ! b:victory
  • LinkAway - Sanctuary
    LinkAway - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oops double posting.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The thing is, you can't unspill the milk. Once they put the Anniversary Packs in, they almost had no choice but to put them (or an equivalent) back in later. Otherwise you have a handful of people running around with ridiculously overpowered gear and a larger majority of people who have no way of ever competing with that.

Did they need to add things like Nirvana crystals to the packs? No, of course not. That was moronic.

Did they need to bring them back just 2 or 3 weeks after they left most recently? No, of course not. That's moronic.

But as far as the basic "ZOMG, why haven't they gotten rid of these yet?" They won't. They can't. It will never happen. Might as well get over that one and move on to the next complaint, like why isn't Magic Shell fixed yet or why did my UI settings get erased again for the 4th time?
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2010

lol, what the hell do you want us to discuss?

use the search function and you'll see how people feel about it.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    End game gear should be a great achievement of the character. It should cost tons of TONS of coins. Shards imbued in it (lets say flawless) should be REALLY expensive.
    That's what used to be and to rule on PWI. Now everyone has TT99/Nirvana with Perfect citrines refined +6 thanks to what ? To these maaaarveeeellouuus packs ! At first, PWI was a game where you were like "What ? I need to farm at least 16 hours a day during 4 months to get one piece of that Lv99 armor (if you could get to 99 hahahahaha) ? Oh okay let's go farming !!", now its more like "Hahaha TT99 armor, let's charge some zen and i'll get it in 10 minutes." or "Let's summon herc and camp in TT for 2 days." Interesting way of playing.
    Though, you could get a whole cool outfit for 1 milion. You could win money with Chests of Coins. You could enjoy the game.

Depends on people, but PWI used to be really a challenge to be played. That was cool. Almost no game can offer a challenge (challenge that a lot of players are looking for). I guess that's what made his appeal. Nowadays, as long as you have a credit card, and even not anymore with tokens and everything, you can get high level with awesome gear within 1 month.

I remember those days. And I want them back.

It has been my vote for a while that they make a pvp and a pve server (maybe by merging some less populated pve ones.) that has a cash shop containing only asthetic items like aeorgear, fashion, mount and that kinda thing. maybe even just as an experiment to see if a server can still proffit enough off just that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    Packs will never become perm - PWI makes more money when they cycle them. It builds expectation and raises gold prices, which amongst other things, is a big incentive for people to charge zen.

They don't take them out just to please you and give the economy a breather I'm afriad.

But is not "no pack" becomes a event now? during last 2 and half month, there are only 3 weeks (one week if you do not count the 2 weeks just passed) we do not have packs in CS. to me the pack is permanent, there ate just a week or 2 "no pack" event some time. I used save tokens in case there is no pack, i do not do it any more, i know i only need to wait at most 2 weeks if i need tokens.
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    has anybody else noticed how Wing Trophy doest appear from the tiger packs anymore. Its clearly listed on the chart of possible items but nobody on our server ever gets regular Wing Trophy. Only LunarGlade Wing Trophy is appearing and some classes dont need teh Lunar one. They need to fix this ASAP, ive alredy submitted a ticked but i dint get a response back.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    In the past I've purchased these packs but since I've never received anything of real value that I already had in my inventory, I've givin' the "gold rush" attitude a vacation for awhile ... Never say never but not this time around.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Treallis - Heavens Tear
    Treallis - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The packs would be worth it, if you didnt get **** out of everyone of them. People open 900+ and get TOKENS! Its not luck, its a complete ripoff and a joke
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Farming that long over and over again the same things is not a challenge, especially if those things are EASY. Oh but I forgot, some people on these forums also consider it hard or challenging to grind 10000 normal mobs, just because it takes time and is boring (although they are easy as hell)

You guys got some real weird definition of challenge or fun tbh. I don't like how packs are (gambling style, and costing real money) BUT what I do enjoy from packs is how you can easier obtain stuff (like Lunar, token stuff, etc) instead of wasting months farming the same easy stuff over and over on one single piece of gear. I mean even being a non cashshopper and not opening packs, you can get those much easier than farming by buying them.

Want something great and hard to achieve? Go try Warsoul, nuff said, and enjoy your grinding, I'm sure you'll love it.

And one more thing... I love it how people flame packs so much but when packs are not here you see threads "When are packs back?" etc with most people wanting them back. lol you can never satisfy the fans, that is a given XD
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Closing this. Stop spamming already!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.