Notice: Fashion Issue - Fixed

kantorek
kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Hello all,

I know some of you have reported issues with their fashion after this new patch. If you could post which fashions you are getting this issue with, it will help us in resolving it. Screen shots always helps too.

Thanks!

*UPDATE*

Issue has been fixed via a small patch. Please re-launch the game and update to see the fix.

Manual Patch can be found here:
http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_332-334.cup

Thanks for your patience. =)
朱健诚
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
Post edited by kantorek on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    - Corsair's Set

- Shining Feather Set

- Pearl Blossom Dress

- School Girl Uniform

- Vampire Set

- Leopard Set

These are the only sets I know to be bugged so far. I can post screenshots later but no doubt many will beat me to it. Oh, also for the record, these are for the female versions of these sets. I don't play a male character so I couldn't tell you about male fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashley_S - Heavens Tear
    Ashley_S - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ummm all my fashion with white or black is no longer right.
  • Fallen_Grace - Dreamweaver
    Fallen_Grace - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Here's a thought, and don't take this wrong but, log in game and have a look. You really want that many posts/emails showing the same messed up fashions? Not spending 2 hours taking ss of it all, however here is what I know of.

Icelace, Vampire, Corsair, Shining Feathers, Tech Tribal, Eastern Dress, Ballett, Romance, Schoolgirl, Classic Dance, Summer Chipao, Lovebird
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Here's a thought, and don't take this wrong but, log in game and have a look. You really want that many posts/emails showing the same messed up fashions?

+1... they're just as screwed up in the preview window btw. Male eastern is screwed up too apparently. faction mate has the set saw it when he got on.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The list encompasses pretty much any piece of fashion using an alpha channel for transparency. Not certain what the Devs screwed around with to muck it up, but it's not what I thought it was - which is at least a point in their favor. Seems there's been some kind of engine change regarding how PWI handles those things, and it's messing up their color mapping.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    I know some of you have reported issues with their fashion after this new patch.

How much testing goes into your patches before you implement them? This is a pretty easy bug to spot if any amount of testing would have been done first....

And why is PWI always trying to put the responsibilities of their goofs on the players' hardwares?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Here's a thought, and don't take this wrong but, log in game and have a look. You really want that many posts/emails showing the same messed up fashions? Not spending 2 hours taking ss of it all, however here is what I know of.

Icelace, Vampire, Corsair, Shining Feathers, Tech Tribal, Eastern Dress, Ballett, Romance, Schoolgirl, Classic Dance, Summer Chipao, Lovebird

Charming clothes are messed too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    RESERVED:
    I have a theory. I'll test it once the patch is finished downloading.

PS: If I'm right, every single Dev in Bejing ought to be fired for gross incompetence, and PWE management ought to be slapped for not calling them on this BS before it became a patch.

Kephras, I'm curious.

... So curious I almost want you to PM me. D8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hongo1239
    hongo1239 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The warlord fashion is messed up as well.
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    well as far as i can tell its every fashion that contains white coloured parts (not white dyed fash thoughas ar as i can tell(at least my white fairy slippers are still white)) but any fashion that has white parts like lovebird, classic dance or even the belt of vamp pants etc is bugged.
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What I noticed was that any fashion with gradient colored parts (white or otherwise; like Kephras said, using alpha channel/layer transparency for the gradient/detail effects) that are supposed to remain the same color after dyeing (e.g. the "feathery" part of the corsair dress, flowers on the eastern dress, white areas of the classic dance dress and lovebird dress) now change to the dye color upon dyeing. I think it's a simple mistake and probably easy to fix if you know how the color mapping code works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kansasprincess
    kansasprincess Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Classic Dance Gown

this is the only before picture i have sorry it isn't that great as far as showing the fashion
    2010-05-1901-01-52.jpg

After >< b:angry
    2010-05-1905-39-59.jpg

I used to look like Dorothy ... now i look like the wicked witch >.>

~Kansas Princess~
  • Glowfish - Lost City
    Glowfish - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lovebird Dress.

It's like the top layer is missing or something. I have the basic colour, but no white/sparkly overlay.
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:chuckle dw about the before picture i think (or at least hope O_o) they know how the fashion originally looks. and the difference is easy too tell on the pics too
  • kansasprincess
    kansasprincess Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hehehe yes we would certainly hope so
  • cindylim
    cindylim Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    - Corsair's Set

- Shining Feather Set

- Pearl Blossom Dress

- School Girl Uniform

- Vampire Set

- Leopard Set

These are the only sets I know to be bugged so far. I can post screenshots later but no doubt many will beat me to it. Oh, also for the record, these are for the female versions of these sets. I don't play a male character so I couldn't tell you about male fashion.

hmmm, my lovebird dress tooo... its so ugly now >.<
  • Vixesita - Dreamweaver
    Vixesita - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No offense to the GMs and Tech support, but if there are so many people with the same issue, it's not a graphics card issue. It seems that everyone has the same issue. Anything that was once two-tone is now mono-tone, and many not for the better. My lavendar ballet dress has no white left on it, same as everyone else. This is a technical error on PWI's end, not the graphics card's end.
  • ZadeSezuo - Dreamweaver
    ZadeSezuo - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I get this issue with:

- Shining Feater Top

- Shining Feather Pants

- Shining Feather Boots

- Shining Feather Guards

They are all Light Blue color.

Video Card - Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
  • nyandesu
    nyandesu Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No offense to the GMs and Tech support, but if there are so many people with the same issue, it's not a graphics card issue. It seems that everyone has the same issue. Anything that was once two-tone is now mono-tone, and many not for the better. My lavendar ballet dress has no white left on it, same as everyone else. This is a technical error on PWI's end, not the graphics card's end.

shh, it's always the player's computer's fault. always.
  • kerenta
    kerenta Posts: 44
    edited May 2010
    My video card is ATI Radeon HD 4800 series.
    I only have a problem with my School girl shoes.
    Before patch - after patch:
    WTFFFFFF.jpg

EDIT!!! - Just realized the chain on my Leopard trousers look weird, too. On an earlier screenie, you can see it was shiny silver. Now a big part of it is green. Not a huge glitch, but it should be fixed, too.
    thistoo.jpg
  • YukiChiu - Heavens Tear
    YukiChiu - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ummm all my fashion with white or black is no longer right.

yeah it totally loss its transparency with white/other color
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Please please fix this as soon as possible!!!
    You give us the fash in random dye and we spend our butts off in dying them whether we buy the dyes from the boutique or cat shops, it's still expensive. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    - Warlord Gloves
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Gee, another major graphical screwup by PWI. Don't expect this one will ever get fixed either, but here's the list...

Classic Dance Gown
    pwideadfashion01.jpg

Corsair
    pwideadfashion02.jpg
    Shining Feather
    pwideadfashion03.jpg
    Lovebird
    pwideadfashion04.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh, and just for giggles I checked to see if the reason this broke is because they fixed the transparency issue. Hahahah I know right? Well here's the result, it's even worse now.
    pwideadfashion05.jpg
    pwideadfashion06.jpg
    Awesome job as always PWI! </sarcasm>

Oh, and I have dual GTX 275's so don't dare try to blame your lack of ability to code properly on my hardware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    On my **** pc im playing low details and all my settings are made to have min effects and i always seen those fashion as they are now "bugged" Idk maybe this info helps finding the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Charming Jacket

The shirt underneath the jacket is now a paler version of the jacket colour, rather than white
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I took a look and felt like logging off. Haven't bothered to check the rest of the fashions in my wardrobe yet.

I thought we were supposed to be playing and enjoying the game and not to be PWI's personal quality controllers. Can I submit a ticket about PWI's devs ruining and impeding our enjoyment of the game according to the TOS?

For a publicly listed company, you guys sure have lousy quality control. Your devs keep giving us more bugs with every patch. Does it seem like they're trying our patience or just that they're so bored they do this to get a laugh from reading our postings in the forums whenever something like this happens?

2010-05-1919-39-50.jpg

2010-05-1919-03-45.jpg

2010-05-1918-52-42.jpg

2010-05-1918-50-41.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The way things seem, they look as if it were on my laptop, which is barely out of graphics card capability for this game.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have a GEForce 6600 LE and those garments didn't look like that before this present patch.

The following garment has 2 holes in it now LOLz. Should I get a tailor to mend it?

2010-05-1918-50-41.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
This discussion has been closed.