GM Response: DQ Mats price change

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    SO price change is in effect and PWI did nothing in the end...

It seems that it's sadly the case. This patch is to me, a complete failure.
    Of course he did.

His loyalty first goes to his boss, not us the player base. He only did what his boss told him to do.

Boss : Say them something that will calm them down a bit.

Frankie : Yes boss.

I always felt that GMs and Mods were like the consumer service of any company. They are always in the frontline of the battlefield, trying to calm angry consumers down. That said, GMs could not turn the tide on our favor by being mediators on the bottom to top communication (aka GMs to devs).
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lolwut
    Come on, you guys cant seriously be disappointed right? We already knew the 2x 'event' was going to be the "compensation" they promised.
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If I were betting on my character's finances, I would bet that this 2x event is a temporary thing until they can get their real fix deployed.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lolwut
    Come on, you guys cant seriously be disappointed right? We already knew the 2x 'event' was going to be the "compensation" they promised.

That doesn't mean we can't be royally pissed about it.
    The DQ drop is a permanent change to the game. It affects everyone who logs in from now until the game dies of mismanagement. A week or two of 2x does not compensate for the entire lifespan of the game. And I think PWE damn well knows it.

Now if Frankie or another GM can chime in here, once the office opens up, and says otherwise - that there will be a permanent adjustment to compensate? Sure. I'll eat my words, my foot, crow, whatever you're serving. But I don't think that's gonna happen.
  • Pesticide - Archosaur
    Pesticide - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    We have BOI now and soon 2 other new games. All PW games. Those games have to bring in some money too. PWI has brought the money they wanted, now it can die.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010

The DQ drop is a permanent change to the game. It affects everyone who logs in from now until the game dies of mismanagement. A week or two of 2x does not compensate for the entire lifespan of the game. And I think PWE damn well knows it.

Now if Frankie or another GM can chime in here, once the office opens up, and says otherwise - that there will be a permanent adjustment to compensate? Sure. I'll eat my words, my foot, crow, whatever you're serving. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

Why are you so sure this game's lifespan will last as long as the 2x event?

lol jk :-)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Nicely said, sir.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I posted this into another thread but see that it has a good place in this thread, this was in response to somebody saying that it's the developers fault for lowering the ability to survive without over-reliance on Gold buying:

A developer's job is to create and maintain the product following the instructions of their management.
    The orders will have came from above. I shudder to think this was the marketing department's idea because... I can't see it being great as far as marketing goes.
    Its most probably the choice of the financial department to try and encourage sales.

two 20% reductions (not a 40% reduction) of DQ item npc price and this quest [Tiger badge] seem to both be trying to reduce the amount of coin in circulation. The 2 week double exp is likely to be something to take player's minds off of it and to reduce the amount of players who quit the game because of it.

I'm pretty sure the reduction in coin will only encourage more gold sales but to what effect? In the long term coins will become more valuable compared to gold which will drop gold prices and allow more to be bought with coins, therefore balancing the economy again.

Each time PWI does something like this, the prices will even out, they will look different but it should take about the same amount of effort in game or cash out of game (Buying gold) To get specific items.

I haven't been on this game long, however, and am basing much of this post on assumptions that I've made from my own logic and experiences with several over mmorpg's with real life cash markets that I've played in the past.

If anyone could offer some examples proving OR disproving my point, id be grateful.

(I may be wrong and if I am, I don't mind being disagreed with)
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I posted this into another thread but see that it has a good place in this thread, this was in response to somebody saying that it's the developers fault for lowering the ability to survive without over-reliance on Gold buying:

A developer's job is to create and maintain the product following the instructions of their management.
    The orders will have came from above. I shudder to think this was the marketing department's idea because... I can't see it being great as far as marketing goes.
    Its most probably the choice of the financial department to try and encourage sales.

two 20% reductions (not a 40% reduction) of DQ item npc price and this quest [Tiger badge] seem to both be trying to reduce the amount of coin in circulation. The 2 week double exp is likely to be something to take player's minds off of it and to reduce the amount of players who quit the game because of it.

I'm pretty sure the reduction in coin will only encourage more gold sales but to what effect? In the long term coins will become more valuable compared to gold which will drop gold prices and allow more to be bought with coins, therefore balancing the economy again.

Each time PWI does something like this, the prices will even out, they will look different but it should take about the same amount of effort in game or cash out of game (Buying gold) To get specific items.

I haven't been on this game long, however, and am basing much of this post on assumptions that I've made from my own logic and experiences with several over mmorpg's with real life cash markets that I've played in the past.

If anyone could offer some examples proving OR disproving my point, id be grateful.

Reduction in coins dont encourage more sales. People only sell gold because they get tons of coins per gold. You reduce the gold price you reduce the amount of gold being sold and subsequently purchased.

With that said you reduce the gold price and you make other non-cash shoppers happier. With a 20% reduction they loose purchasing power.

All your assumptions about balancing the economy are totally wrong.

If you need further proof, read one of the 1000+ threads on the "Packs".

The fact they released Tiger Packs with this patch totally discredits your assumption of balance.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010

This.

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    no no no no no no!

i hate this patch so much b:angry

the poorest players are now 20% poorer!
    Why not take the income from the rich like the land owners or something
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So the DQ nerf is permanent, but the 2x is a limited-time event..

**** you too, PWE. **** you too.

Yeah this is getting edited by a mod later. I'm past caring.

The most accurate description for what I cant exactly say in words... PWE yet again shows they run on a self preservation basis, to milk as much cash out of us as they can before letting this game most likely rot...
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I posted this into another thread but see that it has a good place in this thread, this was in response to somebody saying that it's the developers have good ideas for lowering the Gold prices:

If they really want to lower gold prices then they would nerf Best luck tokens and TW pay. The people buying gold from the AH are not the people relying on DQs for their income. The ONLY people I have heard talking about the price of gold since before it went over 200-250k have been TW factions. Y? Because theyre the ones that buy it. But theyre not in the lvl range where dq drops are significant enough. Therefore people that depend on dq as their main source of income will have to infact farm them 25% longer then they are right now.

Did u not read? Frankie said that the reason for the nerf was because of the bot problem on the china servers. The idea that they are doing it to lower gold prices has been concocted in these forums and has been spread so much that evidently people think its true as evidenced by your post.

the game lost its balance last year when they introduced packs the first time. then they put in BH which allows people to level quickly without doing anything other then dailies. because of this people didnt need to kill stuff, so there were fewer dqs being npcd so LESS coin coming in that way. people get to the level where dqs are not significant much faster which again leads to fewer dqs being npcd.

remember ~560mil per week in tw pay pumped into the economy besides the 10mil notes from best luck. Dont tell me that isnt a big factor.

The coin that I create (new coin influx into the economy) has not changed from the first day here. Its mostly from npcing drops like the majority of players. the influx that has changed from day one of the server though is the hundreds of millions from TW and then best luck. that money drives the price up because the amount of money in the system goes up. the prices rise in comparison to the coin available to the people benefitting from that influx. in other words, the rise in numbers is a perceived difference while the actual difference to them is less. The current prices are, in fact, THE PROPER PRICES for the amount of coin coming into the economy from those huge means. this only hurts the non cash non TW people.

You know what.
    If i could afford it I would get my alts inventory extensions.
    If i could afford it I would get fashion for my toons.
    If i could afford it I would get aeorgear for my alts (replaced the stupid cardboard TB wings on my psyb:chuckle).
    If i could afford it I would might even buy my alts a mount.

Why does that matter?...that means that PWI is infact LOSING gold because I am not creating demand. And I know there are many more that are the same way.

Lowering DQs will in fact cause less demand for gold in AH even though the prices will NOT change relative to DQ prices as people seem to think. And even if they did, even if they in fact did go down say 15% (factoring in other gear drops) then people will still have to farm the same amount of time they do now for gold if they want it. there would be no change. only a perceived change until people realize that nothing really happened.

Sorry for wall of text.

this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No GM Response yet... I would like to know if 2x exp/drops/spirit for a limited time is our compensation for DQ NPC-Price's reduction?
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Yes, this is all true... and 2x drops are making it even worse. Even though I careless about merchant most of the time, I don't think its really fair for the people trying to sell / buy their mats. I don't think lowering DQ rate would solve the hacking problem on chinese servers, that will make them want to **** for even more DQ items, the devs might as well make the DQ sell for 10 coins each (I'm just joking, hopefully not), at least not even the hackers will try to abuse the DQs. The hackers have to be BANNED, lowering DQ rate is only getting worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The 2x event is nothing more then a distraction to dilute of the changes made in-game.

GM response....

Sorry I don't need more hot air.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Jelliebeans - Lost City
    Jelliebeans - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only way to compensate this crisis is to actually bring the dq price normal again.

seriously more than half my guild are losing the will to actually play...
    us non-extensive cash shoppers...how are we going to survive? what about the people who dont want to cash shop all the time?

doesn't this drop in dq prices lead players to be more dependent on cash shop instead of farming?

why do we have to suffer the failures of the chinese server?
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    We have BOI now and soon 2 other new games. All PW games. Those games have to bring in some money too. PWI has brought the money they wanted, now it can die.

BOI rofl - Yeah i played that game. I thought it was very aesthetically pleasing. Good ideas...poor game though. They've fine tuned the "lets get cash from players for everything' very well in that game. They level you very fast. The skills don't even work properly. The freaking healer doesn't even have a revive spell. And you have to buy pots with real money in order to heal yourself effectively. Horrible.....I uninstalled after two days...game wasn't even a challenge...

PWI really needs to rethink its marketing strategy.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gleardramearth
    gleardramearth Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I see DQ is lowered again in response to it's unpopularity. Also did 4 solo runs in TT on 2X's. 2 X's nothing is nothing and that is what I got in mat drops. That was after 40 hrs of grinding for food for my herc. When will they start making this game fun again?
    No one can afford pots, repairs, or armor for fb, bh and Dq is out. TT doesn't pay. Guess that just leaves World Quest. And that is no fun at all. QQ I love ths game, or I did until 3 weeks ago. Can't they please repair these exteeme problems.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So the DQ nerf is permanent, but the 2x is a limited-time event..

*good job calllin' it, Keph*

**** you too, PWE. **** you too.

+12

I have a strange feeling now that the hacking in the Chinese servers was used as an excuse to implement this. Maybe there wasn't any hacking at all or it wasn't that serious as mentioned? What do GMs in other games do to hackers and botters? BAN THEM OF COURSE!

In this game, they **** the legit players. Both the paying and non paying ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Whoa, jeez guys, stop jumping to conclusions--

The 2x EXP/Drops/Spirit event has nothing to do with the DQ mat NPC price change.

We're still working on the change I talked about in the original post, and we'll let you know as soon as we have concrete info on it.
  • frankieraye
    edited May 2010
    my thoughts exactly.

franky lied.b:sad

I didn't lie.
    edited May 2010
    THEN WHY DID YOU PLACE THE DQ NPC-PRICE 20% LOWER IN THE GAME? It doesn't make any sense. If I brake my leg, and go to the doctor and they give me pain killers but don't fix my leg... I still have a broken leg.

I'm extremely upset at this. Whoever is in charge of placing things like this in the game are absolute morons. Seriously. How in the hell do you go off saying you will have something to compensate it when it is placed in the game - and when it gets placed in the game, the thing to compensate it is NOT HERE YET. Just like Lunar Glade... Just like the Arena "IT WILL BE HERE SOON"... This BS doesn't work w/ the community - Your team has failed.

Now you must pay to play Perfect World International. 20% less coin in the economy, 20% less coin in noob's pockets, 20% less coin given to mercants. GG PWE.
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    THEN WHY DID YOU PLACE THE DQ NPC-PRICE 20% LOWER IN THE GAME? It doesn't make any sense. If I brake my leg, and go to the doctor and they give me pain killers but don't fix my leg... I still have a broken leg.

I'm extremely upset at this. Whoever is in charge of placing things like this in the game are absolute morons. Seriously. How in the hell do you go off saying you will have something to compensate it when it is placed in the game - and when it gets placed in the game, the thing to compensate it is NOT HERE YET. Just like Lunar Glade... Just like the Arena "IT WILL BE HERE SOON"... This BS doesn't work w/ the community - Your team has failed.

Now you must pay to play Perfect World International. 20% less coin in the economy, 20% less coin in noob's pockets, 20% less coin given to mercants. GG PWE.

^ So true. But now I can sadly care less about the game or what happens to it. Even with other problems like the mermaid shop being untradeable or the fashion glitches, we're just told by GMs to send in a ticket to customer support. My friend sent in a ticket about the mermaid shop after Frankie told us to do so on the forums and she never got a response back.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • frankieraye
    edited May 2010
    Seriously. How in the hell do you go off saying you will have something to compensate it when it is placed in the game - and when it gets placed in the game, the thing to compensate it is NOT HERE YET. Just like Lunar Glade... Just like the Arena "IT WILL BE HERE SOON"... This BS doesn't work w/ the community - Your team has failed.

All right, let's go back to what I said in the original post:

After letting them know exactly how unpopular this change was going to be, they agreed to work with us to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added, I can assure you that we are currently discussing it, and we will let you know as soon as something concrete surfaces.

Where in this post does it say that the counteracting change would be made at the same time as the DQ change?

The counteracting change I was referring to is something that we brought up with the devs the same day as the original post of this thread. That was nine days ago. Nine days is not long enough to develop and implement a fundamental change in gameplay.

So don't worry, the 2x event was NOT the compensation we have in mind. That event had already been planned for some time. We are working on what will hopefully be a much better solution.

Thanks.
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Why into chinese client people farming item DQ?

Simple!

Becouse into this new stupid patch the PW creator have insert the Tiger Badge Quest that require 1.000.000 coin every day.

(my Psy lv 80 need to buy 199 Grey stupid Badge for 5K each!)

b:angry

And le low of 20% of DQ drop enrage me!

People dont farming for funny, people farming for that PW-creator insert into game.
    edited May 2010
    No offense to you Frankie, I realize that your a GM and not a Dev. I'm not upset w/ the GMs, just the Devs. I realize you didn't say it would be implemented the exact day the DQ NPC-Price reduction began, however I as well as most of the community assumed it would be. I'm very upset atm at how I waited a month for an actual patch (Minus the Arch **** patch), and the only thing we got were things that don't apply at all to most players. No bug fixes, another bug added into PWI - Fash bug, daily that doesn't apply to lvl 100+ as well as not worth it, event that's not worth it from what I hear, and most of all - the DQ price drop has already begun.

If your an avid player that waits 4 weeks for bug fixes, and new content that applies to you, and when that wait is over there is nothing... Your going to be upset. The in-game economy is horrible atm - the 2x drops/exp/spirit just makes it worse, the packs create higher gold - makes it worse. The DQ price drop w/ no compensation makes it worse as well. Lunar still isn't complete...

Honestly, if you can't see why I'm upset then you haven't been in the PWI community for more than a week. I can ask anyone playing PWI, and they will all say - you must spend real life cash just to do such things as dalies, and such. If you sent a ticket in it takes a week in a half on average for a response back, and it will always be - we are working on the bugs and blah blah. But stuff like this just isn't being worked on. The devs are out of touch with the game's players, and this has caused many many many people to quit. I'm honestly at my breaking point here. If this game doesn't pick up, you might see "Tremblewith" over at another MMO...
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    O.O'

Woah...heartfelt post there Tremble. I agree with most of it, but you do realize that they had been working on that patch for 4 weeks to try to get it all localized and such. Then, after they go into the third week, a worst nightmare is confirmed...there is no way that they can go over 4 weeks of code without making a mistake in only a week. So it would be one of these three options: a) wait another 2-4 weeks for a patch while they add a compensatory item to the game without it messing up anything more, or b) throwing it in with little forethought or planning and finding out that there are more bugs than ever before, and that the community blows up about it, or, lastly, c) Release the original patch on time, look over your options in the next couple weeks, figure out what will work (thus the 2x event to occupy our time), and release a WORKING compensation for the DQ price drop. Take your pick, I think the Devs and GMs would take a lot of flak no matter what option they picked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, not sure if it has been covered in the 30 pages of posts here, but why could the -20% DQ drop just be implemented on the Chinese version of PW? Frankie did say that that was the reason the drop had been made, but he also said that it doesn't happen in our version.
    Now I'm no game dev, but surely they could have just written the patch for the Chinese game, and instead fixed some bugs on ours? Instead they break more stuff, like macros, and reset all my movement and preferences.

Frankie didn't necessarily lie that this was the reason for the drop, he was probably just going off info given to him by the devs, it is more likely they are the ones that lie to him, and he was just passing on the info.

Thats my rant for the day, have fun in game y'all
    edited May 2010
    O.O'

Woah...heartfelt post there Tremble. I agree with most of it, but you do realize that they had been working on that patch for 4 weeks to try to get it all localized and such. Then, after they go into the third week, a worst nightmare is confirmed...there is no way that they can go over 4 weeks of code without making a mistake in only a week. So it would be one of these three options: a) wait another 2-4 weeks for a patch while they add a compensatory item to the game without it messing up anything more, or b) throwing it in with little forethought or planning and finding out that there are more bugs than ever before, and that the community blows up about it, or, lastly, c) Release the original patch on time, look over your options in the next couple weeks, figure out what will work (thus the 2x event to occupy our time), and release a WORKING compensation for the DQ price drop. Take your pick, I think the Devs and GMs would take a lot of flak no matter what option they picked.

Although I do understand what you are stating... Everytime someone gets upset when a patch comes out, this is often the excuse. Basically - the company pushes new content out w/ bugs and such, and when people complain other players and/or GMs state that the bugs will be fixed in the future. When a month or so passes and people complain about those same bugs not being fixed, people say "Why haven't they been fixed?", and the idea that other players and/or GMs come up with is "Because we are coming up with new content". So the idea of bugs being fixed after new content is false, as after new content there will be more content.

Basically a never ending wheel of more content being pushed without bug fixes. The chances of Devs working on bugs like they have stated they have been, are more unlikely than me waking up tomorrow in a clown suit.
This discussion has been closed.