Before new big patch... please finish OLD big patch!

2»

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    bite your tongue!!! the LAST thing we need is a 2nd anniversary pack!!!!b:cry

there is so much messed up in this game it isnt funny- for instance, the last Jolly Jones event. i still have the weapons/orniment packs in my bank, with the fading hope that glitch will ever be fixed.

this is a great game, with the potential to be even better. i love it, but God, i wish they would fix the existing problems before adding new stuff!!

Honestly, its true, you can just buy everything now. :/

I wonder how next year will be.

Better, yet, I wonder how August is going to be. lol

Don't we have 2nd anniversary packs somewhere in pwidatabase anyways?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Tamarlyn - Sanctuary
    Tamarlyn - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I farmed lunar glade squad mode during double drops for 2 weeks straight dropping untold millions of coins. Some will ask why and I am here to tell you...

Let me start by saying that in my opinion, however flawed it may be there are 2 sets of lunar armor that are even worth farming for. I am a BM and hence HA so I will speak to that though LA and arcane have similar sets. For HA I will refer to the str/dex build gear and the vit/ele res gear. (Refer to your lunar forges to see what I mean).

When I started I wanted the vit/ele res gear. It was very attractive me as a very active TWer. Each piece requires a certain amount of easily farmable materials, the glitch is that each one also requires a single mat that drops only from a boss oin squad mode. Each piece from a different boss. After spending my untold millions to farm these 5 mats and never ever getting one to drop I came to the conclusion that they were not yet in game. This was verified when I sat down to write a lunar guide for my faction and went back in solo mode to check some mobs information and the like. I realized that one of the bosses I needed was in Frigoris Valley...and Frigoris Valley is not available in squad mode that I ever saw. Imagine my dismay!

I have made up my mind that these mats will not soon be available and have moved on to other gear now. What a disappointment despite the fact that I do like my current gear. It's like a promise never kept, a lie if you will to put the vit/ele res gear in forges when the mats are not even available.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Appareantly we know more about Lunar then you. It was listed as "incomplete, run at own risk", and even asked if it was finished many times, with any answer being "not yet". The fact is you can hit most valleys, but Insularum Valley (what used to be the 2nd valley of old lunar) is still inaccessible, you can not get there. The boss of that valley has some gold mats needed for some things, and there's a quest requiring you to kill Insularum: Shoveals but they arent reachable as they're only in that valley.

The quest for Shoveals was to open lunar solo mode. That quest no longer exists. Insularum and Herzen Sori Demos have, from what I understand, been permanently removed. From what I've heard the 2nd secret boss is also gone.

All the lunar quests that I know of have been fixed and are completable. I'm pretty sure 2nd valley is not coming back, but I haven't really done too much new lunar, but I do know that quests are finishable now.

We killed Primal Fear the other day. It was a joke compared to when it was an actual achievement. So are many of the mobs which have been nerfed. New lunar absolutely sucks. No more challenge. It doesn't take any real skill, or any trial and effort. It's quite lame.

New Frost is lame too. gg PWE.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The quest for Shoveals was to open lunar solo mode. That quest no longer exists. Insularum and Herzen Sori Demos have, from what I understand, been permanently removed. From what I've heard the 2nd secret boss is also gone.

All the lunar quests that I know of have been fixed and are completable. I'm pretty sure 2nd valley is not coming back, but I haven't really done too much new lunar, but I do know that quests are finishable now.

We killed Primal Fear the other day. It was a joke compared to when it was an actual achievement. So are many of the mobs which have been nerfed. New lunar absolutely sucks. No more challenge. It doesn't take any real skill, or any trial and effort. It's quite lame.

New Frost is lame too. gg PWE.

I still have the quest "Alone in the Valley" needing those kills. Last time they removed a quest, they removed it from peoples quest logs, (example the solo quest for frost that used to be needed for group mode). Also as my original post mentioned, as well as the person a few posts up mentioned, some of the gold mats needed to make some of the gear only drop from bosses in valleys not available yet. According to their ORIGINAL patch preview for Lunar valley revamp, there would be a selection of 3 starting points. One of them is the way it is now, but the other 2 would lead you through frigoris & insularum valleys at some point along their paths. Without this completion, we cant access those valleys & get the mats from those bosses to complete certain gear.

It even gave this statement;
    "Trophy Mode - New modes for the Lunar Glade have been added. Players must complete Frigoris Valley, Insularum Valley, and Nubium Valley to gain access to Trophy Mode."
    And yet those valleys in red can not be accessed. So much for Lunar Trohy mode as listed in their original Lunar revamp Patch Preview.

Check out the original preview at http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/6481/pwi_–_patch_preview_(01/20/10)
  • ItsMeLouTwo - Sanctuary
    ItsMeLouTwo - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Is it really worth it to do the 'Nerfed Lunar' in Squad mode? Do you get your 600k coin back in drops? Or is it like the BH's where you pay anywhere from 35-60k for wine and get MAYBE 1/4th of it back? And is the 'kicked to 1k on death' in RB's fixed? There are other things I could mention that are broken and havent been fixed and they know about but the Devs dont seem to care as long as the money still comes in.
    No matter how far you go, there you are.b:beatup
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I still have the quest "Alone in the Valley" needing those kills. Last time they removed a quest, they removed it from peoples quest logs, (example the solo quest for frost that used to be needed for group mode).

Wouldn't know about that as I completed it last September or October. If you trash it, can you still pick it up?
    Also as my original post mentioned, as well as the person a few posts up mentioned, some of the gold mats needed to make some of the gear only drop from bosses in valleys not available yet. According to their ORIGINAL patch preview for Lunar valley revamp, there would be a selection of 3 starting points. One of them is the way it is now, but the other 2 would lead you through frigoris & insularum valleys at some point along their paths. Without this completion, we cant access those valleys & get the mats from those bosses to complete certain gear.

Ok, no clue... none of that gear even remotely interests me.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh and i'd love a response from the development team... But that chance of that ever happening is about the same as me accidentally falling into a volcano while being eaten by a shark on Mars.

Or 0.0015% in PWI terms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]