NOTICE: 5-18-10 Server Maintenance Complete

Options

Comments

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Most likely/hopefully 79 skills for Sins/Psychics is what they're implementing.

No the two new lvl 79 skills are listed separately in that paragraph.

They wouldn't say two new demon/sage skills if they're were referring to the lvl 79 skills...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Demon / Sage Tideborn Skills
    The wait is now over! Players of the Tideborn race can finally acquire their Celestial Demon and Sage skills. Both Assassin and Psychics can now have access to 2 new Demon/Sage skills. Even more exciting? Assassins and Psychics are getting 2 completely new skills.

LMAO wtf?!

Um...... if I read this right..... we're getting a whopping 2 whole new demon/sage skills!

those skills Im gonna be snarky and say that they're Skill Master Li's Technique, and Mo Zun's Taunt. Though I think they already had those before O.o?
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How about balancing existing Tideborn skills before making them more powerful?

Oops, guess I forgot which game I was playing.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The wait is now over! Players of the Tideborn race can finally acquire their Celestial Demon and Sage skills. Both Assassin and Psychics can now have access to 2 new Demon/Sage skills. Even more exciting? Assassins and Psychics are getting 2 completely new skills.

LMAO wtf?!

Um...... if I read this right..... we're getting a whopping 2 whole new demon/sage skills!

those skills Im gonna be snarky and say that they're Skill Master Li's Technique, and Mo Zun's Taunt. Though I think they already had those before O.o?

That's what i'm curious about, I thought Tideborn already had those two skills.

So what are these 2 new demon/sage skills they speak of? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Make teh tigger packs go away!!!!b:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well...

I think they are two of our sage demon skills. Why only two... well, just look at NightRage's post. This patch, they will give us 79 skills and only 2 of our sage/demon's. What I'm predicting is they will release the rest with the upcoming patch, as previewed on the front page (page not up though). I'm thinking this because they probably weren't fond of some of the skills, and as we all know, they are subject to change. I'm sure they don't wanna make the mistake of releasing them all, and they break the game, so, they're taking more time on them.

well, at least that's what I think>,>

At this point, I'd much rather them go slow and steady, and get everything done right the first time, however, I mean it when I say a "steady" pace:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well...

I think they are two of our sage demon skills. Why only two... well, just look at NightRage's post. This patch, they will give us 79 skills and only 2 of our sage/demon's. What I'm predicting is they will release the rest with the upcoming patch, as previewed on the front page (page not up though). I'm thinking this because they probably weren't fond of some of the skills, and as we all know, they are subject to change. I'm sure they don't wanna make the mistake of releasing them all, and they break the game, so, they're taking more time on them.

well, at least that's what I think>,>

At this point, I'd much rather them go slow and steady, and get everything done right the first time, however, I mean it when I say a "steady" pace:3

its probably the lvl 100 skills since they do require the demon and sage cultivation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • jeric0
    jeric0 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    its probably the lvl 100 skills since they do require the demon and sage cultivation.

The update is rigth now? becuse i am still playing with the 319 version and no sings to maintance.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

LMAO wtf?!

2 new skills refers to the 79
    2 new demon/sage skills refers to the 100 skills
    The rest of our demon sage skills are included in that.

Master Li and Mo Zun were already available about 2 or 3 months after I went Sage...
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Uhm... is it me or is people noticing that there is a SAGE/DEMON reset? Come on devs b:surrender

And I can't believe with what I am seeing about the DQ drop rate and another 2x thing... *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Uhm... is it me or is people noticing that there is a SAGE/DEMON reset? Come on devs b:surrender

And I can't believe with what I am seeing about the DQ drop rate... *sigh*

We just don't care, as anybody who's already invested in higher than fb89 skills for their class won't likely be swapping cultivations as it'll lose them their current skills and they'll have to acquire even more spirit.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Simply put, I'm going to voice my opinion. If you lock my threads for speaking the truth, I'll voice it in here.

I'm really sick of waiting in hopes for PWI to:
    -Fix bugs
    -Get more Lvl 100+ Content
    -Stabilize the economy

Also, we didn't get compensation for the DQ price drop. That's some serious fail. They want us to spend lots of real life cash to just have a low lvl character now. DQ prices are what keep low lvl characters having coin generally.
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    We just don't care, as anybody who's already invested in higher than fb89 skills for their class won't likely be swapping cultivations as it'll lose them their current skills and they'll have to acquire even more spirit.

^That

And the fact that it is a cashshop item is no surprise. =___=
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]

• _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

^ This.

I knew before 89 I wanted demon. Even made sure I was talking to the proper trainer and everything.

I understand for those that wish to switch due to accidently taking the wrong cultivation.. but to be honest, if they want to change, even after getting their skills, let them. I used to be against it, but now I don't really care. It doesn't affect my play style any so why should it bother others? Its their cultivation, their character...

Not trying to be rude but I'm just saying...
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Keep in mind that any Sage/Demon skills that you currently have will revert back to their level 10 non-Sage/non-Demon skills. This means you'll have to relearn your skills. Some skills that were only attainable as Celestial Sages/Demons will be converted to their corresponding skill from the opposing Spiritual Cultivation

The part I bolded and coloured... can someone explain that to me, because I don't like the way I'm interpreting it myself...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Simply put, I'm going to voice my opinion. If you lock my threads for speaking the truth, I'll voice it in here.

I'm really sick of waiting in hopes for PWI to:
    -Fix bugs
    -Get more Lvl 100+ Content
    -Stabilize the economy

Also, we didn't get compensation for the DQ price drop. That's some serious fail. They want us to spend lots of real life cash to just have a low lvl character now. DQ prices are what keep low lvl characters having coin generally.

I guess the figure the 2x Drops/XP is suppose to satisfy us. Don't really care on the matter anyway.

Off you watch anime till servers are back up. Tiger25.gifTiger29.gifTiger46.gif
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The part I bolded and coloured... can someone explain that to me, because I don't like the way I'm interpreting it myself...

Sounds to me like level 100 skills as that's when you're considered Celestial Sage/Demon. But I could be wrong.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Demon spark becomes Sage spark and vice versa

Demon anti-chi skill becomes Sage chi gain skill and vice versa

That's my guess at least.
  • Saikera - Harshlands
    Saikera - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    woot servers down. ima archer on my main but wanted to ask a question on axe bm if anyone from harshlands is a bm. at moment i have 86 st, 47 dex, 27 vit, and normal mag don't add to it. if i go 4 str 1 vit at 30 then 3 str 2 vit until lvl 47 will my axe build which is suppose to be 3 str 1vi 1 dex be even for a good bm at 47?b:surrender
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    woot servers down. ima archer on my main but wanted to ask a question on axe bm if anyone from harshlands is a bm. at moment i have 86 st, 47 dex, 27 vit, and normal mag don't add to it. if i go 4 str 1 vit at 30 then 3 str 2 vit until lvl 47 will my axe build which is suppose to be 3 str 1vi 1 dex be even for a good bm at 47?b:surrender

Should ask this in the BM specific forum, not the maint thread.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    2 new skills refers to the 79
    2 new demon/sage skills refers to the 100 skills
    The rest of our demon sage skills are included in that.

Master Li and Mo Zun were already available about 2 or 3 months after I went Sage...

So.. we'll be recieveing All of our demon/sage skills, and the "2" mentioned in the notes refer to lvl 100 skills?

GM clarification would be greatly appreciatedb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options

wrong thread =____=

edited May 2010
    Options
    Sounds to me like level 100 skills as that's when you're considered Celestial Sage/Demon. But I could be wrong.

These 2. /10char
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

• Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Ok, so the level 100 skills and whatnot. I was imagining it like... say only a demon skill drops from the dungeons but not the sage counterpart, so you'd be able to become demon, learn that skill, then switch to sage and have it, whereas that specific sage skill would've been completely unobtainable any other way.

That'd really drive the prices up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • jeric0
    jeric0 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PLEASE SOMEONE

everybody have rigth now the patch 332??? becuse i can still playing with 319 version.
    someone can explain me?
  • Hikarue - Harshlands
    Hikarue - Harshlands Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I am not a axe bm, but that sounds right. Normaly axe bm use the build 3 str 1 dex 1 vit. Good luck to you!b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Hmm... when they first posted that it said it would revert back to lvl 10 skills. I guess we will just have to see now. But if that is true that the skills will convert over too then skill books will be cheaper now and the same price across the board probably.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok, so the level 100 skills and whatnot. I was imagining it like... say only a demon skill drops from the dungeons but not the sage counterpart, so you'd be able to become demon, learn that skill, then switch to sage and have it, whereas that specific sage skill would've been completely unobtainable any other way.

That'd really drive the prices up...

Thankfully not. Skills reset upon sage/demon conversionb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is just showing how desperate PWI is in cranking up their revenue.

See my thread here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=727902

So.. don't ever expect lower gold price, or expect the economy to be stabilize.

It's just pack after pack, and 2x event is trying to make players to be active again.

So far, what they do is just accelerating the end-game for the players, thus, the whole thing about slowing down, maintaining player base for more steady long term profit just won't happen.

You don't see any new development for content after level 100. All players are being rushed to reach 100+, and then they just wander without any purpose no more in this game.

The way I see this, PWI is just being seen as an old cow, that just left to be milked to get whatever that's left....
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Unofficial early patch link: PWI patch 319-322 (58 MB)

Enjoy! b:victory

@jeric0

Thar you go.