Special Request about Solid State Drives (SSDs)

Options
darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Support Desk
Hi Players,

I am doing some research on the read and write speeds for different SSDs in Windows PCs that are running our games.

If you play any of our games and your computer has a Solid State Drive that you have Windows and our games installed on, please post your dxdiag info here.

We ONLY need the parts from System Information, Display Devices, and then way down at Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives sections.

If you have any notes about how good or bad the SSD performs for you, please feel free to post those too.

Since SSDs are being bought more for laptops, netbooks, and desktops, I'm curious about any real world issues our players may come across.

Thanks a bunch! b:victory
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    give them a few years.
    teh average population will catch up.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How would I tell if my computer had these SSDs or not?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How would I tell if my computer had these SSDs or not?

check your system specs.
    d(^.^)

._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SyMei - Dreamweaver
    SyMei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    check your system specs.
    d(^.^)

._.'

No, that can't be done. SSDs are SATA Drives, so they will still appear like a normal SATA harddrive.

The only way you can tell is if you take it apart or if you call the manufacturer of the machine.

However, no currently sold computer at Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Staples, OfficeDepot/Max or the Apple store or any other retail store that carries pre-built computers carry computers with SSDs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, if you dont know if you have a SSD or not, you probably dont have one.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No, that can't be done. SSDs are SATA Drives, so they will still appear like a normal SATA harddrive.

The only way you can tell is if you take it apart or if you call the manufacturer of the machine.

However, no currently sold computer at Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Staples, OfficeDepot/Max or the Apple store or any other retail store that carries pre-built computers carry computers with SSDs.

Thanks ^.^

I would take apart my computer....but it's about 6 hrs away from where i am currently....and i don't feel like taking apart the computer i'm currently using to check, because I wouldn't be sure of how to put it back together >.>
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I didn't think many of our players had any, my theory played out well.

Thanks for reading!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.