TT soloing for clerics? Possible? if so, how?

Assburger - Harshlands
Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
I've been thinking of soloing TTs just to mainly get the feel for it and something about making my own TT armor (lvl 5 tailoring atm i think) and weps (lvl 4 blacksmithing...i think) and imma lvl 68 cleric with (in my opinion) wayyy too much vit. last time i checked i think it was 60 somethin. any tips or suggestions to get the most out of TT soloing?
Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
Post edited by Assburger - Harshlands on

Comments

• Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    First off, if you like your vit, then it's not too high. But, I would attempt to solo the TT, then, if you die, do it again at 70.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    woww can clerics solo a TT? what the?? i did not know that! damn shows how long ive been out of the game! :(
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Honestly I think its not possible. Probably for 1-1 after 80 and 1-2 with endgame gears, but it'd take ages and would not be worth it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    aw shiiitb:surrender

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I got my Vit at 70 and would never think of soloing TT unless accompanied by a Veno or maybe a fist BM.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm assuming this is squad mode?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lol a cleric tanking TT? ... would be like throwing a kittie in a dog day care.

1. If it was possible, it would take forever to finish, your armor would probably break before completing it.

2. Expenses, it would be really expensive, counting if charmed how many charms you'd be using, if using yuanxiao how many would you spend, 1000? or more? not worth it for the drops.

3. You'd not be able to solo higher instances than 1-2 IF it was even possible.

4. Some monsters are Phy. mobs, you know what that means, just look how barbs have a hard time tanking these, then try to do it with 1/8 the HP they get. b:chuckle

5. Cleric is not a tank, cleric is a support / DD class, all but not a tanker (or atleast it can be a tank for 20-30 seconds counting plume shell + wings of protection, yes i know wings of protection lasts 30 seconds, but do you really have that many HP to let it last so long? b:chuckle)

Guess I've stated my point here.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Lol a cleric tanking TT? ... would be like throwing a kittie in a dog day care.

1. If it was possible, it would take forever to finish, your armor would probably break before completing it.

2. Expenses, it would be really expensive, counting if charmed how many charms you'd be using, if using yuanxiao how many would you spend, 1000? or more? not worth it for the drops.

3. You'd not be able to solo higher instances than 1-2 IF it was even possible.

4. Some monsters are Phy. mobs, you know what that means, just look how barbs have a hard time tanking these, then try to do it with 1/8 the HP they get. b:chuckle

5. Cleric is not a tank, cleric is a support / DD class, all but not a tanker (or atleast it can be a tank for 20-30 seconds counting plume shell + wings of protection, yes i know wings of protection lasts 30 seconds, but do you really have that many HP to let it last so long? b:chuckle)

Guess I've stated my point here.

eh good point. reminds me of when i first started playing the game and i thought i was totally pwnage with my hammers (while i was a clericb:surrender) i sorta thought soloing TTs was a way to get urself the needed mats for TT armor and weps without having to buy them offa ppl or share them with squads. i could be completely talking outta my **** here but hey, i havent played since forever -_-: im rusty.

• Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    eh good point. reminds me of when i first started playing the game and i thought i was totally pwnage with my hammers (while i was a clericb:surrender) i sorta thought soloing TTs was a way to get urself the needed mats for TT armor and weps without having to buy them offa ppl or share them with squads. i could be completely talking outta my **** here but hey, i havent played since forever -_-: im rusty.

But what mode is this? Cuz there's a solo mode for TT. In that solo mode is there still drops and stuff? I just touched level70 so i'm a bit of a noob there.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i'm not even going to bother trying this now
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Solo Modes are easy but tiring, assuming you can take a beating. It's IH spam with the occasional attack thrown in until the bosses finally die. It's not fun, and it's certainly not profitable (repairs and pot burn will make you CRY...not to mention any Charm you may be wearing). I wouldn't recommend it for anything but the ability to say you can solo a TT, and to train yourself not to freak out when you start taking a big hit or two.

Squad mode? Forget about. Even if one had the statistics necessary to take the hits, it'd take forever to kill even a single boss. There are certainly better ways to make profits in that case. =/
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was waiting for you to pop in here Nana - I remember your horror stories of soloing TTs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear
    AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is just...wow...I read the title and just had to look...

I have 20 base vit with a huge amount of hp/vit from my gear. I wouldn't even dream of attempting to solo a TT. Solo mode would be manageable at the very best. Squad mode...the mobs would look at me with no squad and laugh. The laugh alone would probably one-hit me...

You'd be better off just buying the mats...much cheaper that way.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was waiting for you to pop in here Nana - I remember your horror stories of soloing TTs.

Nah. A real horror story would be pulling a RedRose (sorry if that's misspelled D=) and dancing with 3-x bosses. XD
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    ha. this just shows ya'll how long i've been offa the game. then what's the point of solo mode for TTs anyway?

i should return on Saturday at least and my cleric is probably all dustyb:surrender

• AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide
    AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My 63 archer can do TT1-1 solo, except for the boss. My bro's 62 tank can do it and MAYBE the boss, if he's having a good day, and has enough pots and remedies. ALSO! You can bring two people into the instance [ik, it's called "solo" though...]. A cleric and tank, or fist bm can EASILY do solo. But a cleric alone.....no.....A wizie alone, maybe, just because they can 2-shot everything, and a veno might even be able to do the boss. But again, a cleric? No.
    My _____ are...
    Archer: fun
    Blademaster: Awesome
    Wizard: BIDS. <-- Coming soon
    Cleric: New, idk yet :)
  • tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yes cleric can do solo TT, but it's not worthed to do that when comparing what clerics will gain for solo TT and the repair + MP pots cost.
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    tukiyem wrote: »
    yes cleric can do solo TT, but it's not worthed to do that when comparing what clerics will gain for solo TT and the repair + MP pots cost.

boooo >_< and i hate getting ripped off by catshops thats why i hate TT mat shopping >:-(

• tukiyem
    tukiyem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yeah, but to be sure, just try do solo TT yourself and compare the cost with TT mat shopping.
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    tukiyem wrote: »
    yeah, but to be sure, just try do solo TT yourself and compare the cost with TT mat shopping.

i just might. :-/

• gerto
    gerto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hi. I have lvl 79 LA cleric character on Dreamweaver. Her name is TiaTia. It is possible to solo TT 1-1 for cleric. I did it when i was around lvl 70 (i think). But if you want to do it for money it is not worth it. When you tank the bosses you will burn more coins on mp pots and orbs than you will get from the from selling the mats. But if you want to try go on. It will show you what are you capable of. But be prepared to die a few times.
    Have fun. b:victory
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    still cant decide if you want to solo solo mode or squad mode b:surrender

at some point in 70s i decided i want to try myself and soloed 1-1 solo mode. chintien was awful mana burn (more heals than hits) compared to him drum was ridiculously easy (magic attack at distance ftw).
    having beaten it once, i never tried soloing tt again, and only went into solo 2-1 with friends when we really really couldnt find tank for wurlord and really really needed his mats - and hoped with 2x drop he will be generous (no, he wasnt)
    basically any class can solo solo mode at some level, just... its not worth it. drops are nerfed so bad you are better off subbing squad run. also as cleric you get 3rd pick at worst without subbing, so i dont see problems with getting mats you need unless you want gold mats.

herc venos and Chezedude can solo squad mode b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Lol kk i aint gonna go through the trouble. im not afriad of dying, im just afriad of losing all me moneyb:cry

• Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you're running it for mats (which it sounds like you are) run it in a squad...as a cleric. You'll get 2nd or 3rd pick anyway. O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide