So, some people complain...

Options
Elisarya - Sanctuary
Elisarya - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
That they have quit their Cleric in order to play a Venomancer, for the sake of soloing better and such.
And, now I am about to quit a Venomancer in order to play my Cleric. O_O Although I got my Veno up to 61, I am very unpleased with many aspects, which are:
1: Spells are not really delightful-looking and tend to be boring after a short while.
2: Lack of buffs. The only one that can be cast on others is Bramble which most seem to hate anyway (Had a Barb yelling at me for giving him Bramble, lol?)
3: People urging you to get a Hercules. Which gets annoying. There is no Squad I can be in without hearing the endless "get a friggin' Herc, or else you're a fail Veno". >.>
4: The tail and ears mainly throw off any Fashion combination you want to try out.
5: People never pay attention to Veno's nor befriend them at all. No matter how friendly you are, people usually avoid me on my Veno...

That being said, I thought trying with a Cleric would be pretty awesome. People tend to say they are squishy but hey, I think every class is squishy at a point; they didn't make a all-powerful one yet o.O Plus, I really would be fond to keep my Squad alive and offer them those very pretty and useful Buffs! No matter how much the overall Skills would cost me. Plus the Wings are pretty awesome, at a Veno I feel ridiculous flying on a Skymanta or on the back of any other creature; it seems wrong. Especially because of the High Heels... ouch, poor thing xD having some stiletto's stucked in your back must ache alot.

Eh, well, I want a opinion still. Is it worth it to be a Cleric afterall? :3 I think Clerics are simply awesome though, I see no wrong in being one. (Must add, that as a non-pet tanking Class, it must be more interesting to do things on yourself rather than spamming heal on your pet all the time)
Post edited by Elisarya - Sanctuary on

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That they have quit their Cleric in order to play a Venomancer, for the sake of soloing better and such.
    And, now I am about to quit a Venomancer in order to play my Cleric. O_O Although I got my Veno up to 61, I am very unpleased with many aspects, which are:
    1: Spells are not really delightful-looking and tend to be boring after a short while.

You'll find the same thing with cleric skills. 3 (maybe 4) main attacks.

2: Lack of buffs. The only one that can be cast on others is Bramble which most seem to hate anyway (Had a Barb yelling at me for giving him Bramble, lol?)
    3: People urging you to get a Hercules. Which gets annoying. There is no Squad I can be in without hearing the endless "get a friggin' Herc, or else you're a fail Veno". >.>
    4: The tail and ears mainly throw off any Fashion combination you want to try out.
    5: People never pay attention to Veno's nor befriend them at all. No matter how friendly you are, people usually avoid me on my Veno...

That being said, I thought trying with a Cleric would be pretty awesome. People tend to say they are squishy but hey, I think every class is squishy at a point; they didn't make a all-powerful one yet o.O

You haven't met an endgame psychic yet have you.

Plus, I really would be fond to keep my Squad alive and offer them those very pretty and useful Buffs! No matter how much the overall Skills would cost me. Plus the Wings are pretty awesome, at a Veno I feel ridiculous flying on a Skymanta or on the back of any other creature; it seems wrong. Especially because of the High Heels... ouch, poor thing xD having some stiletto's stucked in your back must ache alot.

Eh, well, I want a opinion still. Is it worth it to be a Cleric afterall? :3 I think Clerics are simply awesome though, I see no wrong in being one. (Must add, that as a non-pet tanking Class, it must be more interesting to do things on yourself rather than spamming heal on your pet all the time)

Clerics are awesome. As a full magic cleric at endgame, I was anything but squishy and you can have some pretty good defense and devastating magic skills.
  • Roxiann - Heavens Tear
    Roxiann - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I left my veno for a cleric. Veno is just a boring class to me.

Clerics can be very versatile. You can heal, buff, debuff, DD, solo some of the time and tank here and there. I love the cleric skills and I've always found healing in squads fun as well as DDing and debuffing. If you don't mind using pots and herb hunting often then its a good class. I found that having a mild vit build works well if you don't want to be too squishy. I left mine at 30, and still have a good magic build. As for making friends, it might get annoying because everyone adds you and everyone pms you for help ^^. Its probably better then being ignored though.
    Lvl 7x Cleric
    Lvl 3x Veno
    Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Play whichever class you like. If you get bored with playing a cleric, move back to your veno. Or if your'e bored with both, try a new class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Welcome to the world of MMO"RP"Gs, young padawan.

You've basically picked the two classes that couldn't be any more different. The general MMO"RP"G template for summoners seems to be the class that can handle all normal monsters, but sucks at bosses. The cleric, on the other hand, is the nice support guy.

The "can handle normal monsters" aspect of a Summoner tends to come at a price, though: you can tank, and you can damage. Meaning, in a world where things add up to 100%, you'll be 50% tank and 50% damage. Which in turn means a "pure" damage dealer is better at dealing damage, and a pure tanker is better at tanking. Guess where that puts you when it comes to boss-running parties? You can't tank the boss, and the DD classes outdamage you. From what I hear, Hercules CAN tank at least some bosses (at a reasonable level --- I can tank low level bosses, sure, but why would anyone care about those?), which is why people basically tell you to get a Herc or to get lost.

Which was to be expected. MMO"RP"Gs are cutting down on the soloable classes. And in fact, you even said it yourself: you started a Veno for better soloing. I don't know how well other classes do soloing normal monsters, but that's what you made and that's what you got --- a solo class.

Clerics are needed --- no bossrunning party is going to leave the house without one. Maybe even two. Or three, if they can get that many. Or how about 4? Can't have enough of these; too bad you can't run with more than 7 (after all, somebody still has to do some real work...).
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I lol at the fails for saying a veno w/o is a fail veno. Its not her pet, its the veno herself. A veno could have the most OP pet ingame, although they deserve to have OP pets, its payed like $200.

Also, I found veno very easy and boring too, so I quit my veno because my daughter's veno have it easy but w/o her pet, its still insane. Her physical defense goes off the charts, and her p.def bonus from skill is better than my barb's p.def bonus from skill. But she's wearing arcane robes, but she have more P.DEF than a light armored user. Which is why I quit my light armored veno because of how much P.DEF venoes can grow. They get the best physical resistance ingame if built right.

1 vs 1 isn't my type, I love to AOE. maybe venomancers are not overpowered, but they can't AOE as well or solo every boss w/o a herc. At least I think, unless cash shopped ones ofc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ive kinda noticed that alot of 'attentive' pple tend to be successful in cleric soloing and such... others who tend to think about other things or watch multiple things end up having a hard time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Come over to HT, you can bramble me anytime! It's an amazing buff for a barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands
    LadyTsukiyo - Harshlands Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I used to like my cleric a lot because I could purify poison and other status effects, heal myself without hp pots, etc. But now, it seems to be the most not so pvp friendly class.

Bramble is probably one of the most effective buffs to use during pvp because it deflects some of the physical attacks you get and hits the enemies..I think..
    "If God gives you lemons, then get a new God"-Powerthirst
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have a cleric and a veno. I started the cleric 1st, then got really into my veno, and now they're both my mains. I enjoy both as much... Just really depends on what you feel like doing. Like you said, lots of clerics do quit for venos, but I also know lots of ppl who quit their venos for clerics...

-EDIT- I just noticed that may be the most useless thing I've ever posted... I'll get back to it ans try and improve it lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I actually left my cleric to play a veno, and these are my reasons :

1) Cleric was really squishy and tho I had lots of buffs to keep me alive, I died a lot because with a cleric (unless you have a lot of vitality) 1 hit from a mob can change a lot, and usually I just healed myself when it was too late already. And even if I didn’t die, I had to meditate a lot.

2) Everyone expected me to heal them and buff them and demanded that I had revive and buff skills maxed, and when I said I didn't, I got insulted and yelled at. I never maxed my res tho (cleric is lvl 80) but I maxed my buffs just because they are useful to me. I just got sick of being there for everyone else any time they said so.

3) It was hard to do practically anything alone, I needed a squad, or at least a barb (good thing I had a really good friend then, tho he barely logs in these days, but he helped me a lot and was always there for me) and I couldn't solo almost any bosses.

Although cleric is a very fun and interesting class to play, I still like venos better.
    After reading you post I assume that we're completely opposite people, you like being helpful and squading with others, buffing and healing them and all that. I like soloing stuff that others can't do alone, I hate helping anyone else unless I get to do all the work myself. But I love to solo bosses for low level newbies who ask for help on world chat. So as you can see, squading with others doesn't really work too good for me. Even as a veno I haven't got any helping skills like bramble (that's lvl2 actually) or Lending Hand, because I'm not that kind of a person who wastes her money on something that isn't useful to me, only to others. And as I have a Herc, I do almost everything exept BHs alone.

But I have to agree with you on that some people believe that venos are useless without Hercs. That's really annoying actually, because I know many venos who are over level 90 and don't have a Herc but manage well with everything. I didn't get one because other people told me to, but just for me only. And tho it took a month of farming every day, and that's like the most boring thing I've ever done, I'm glad that I did, because it's really fun in my opinion. I haven't met too many people who insist on getting a Herc before they take anyone to their squad so it isn't a big problem, I only join squads who don't ask me if I have a Herc (so what if I do, it just annoys me). Most things you can do with a Magmite or Walker as well as with a Herc, but there are certain things you can only do with a Herc.

I suggest you should just go with the class that you find more entertaining and fun to play, but I must add that playing a veno is so much more than as you said, "spamming heal on your pet all the time". If you know how to play your veno, you can be as good tank as a bm (maybe not as good as a barb) and also as good DD as a wiz. And that's because you don't need a cleric to stay alive, like everyone else, you're a tank and a healer in 1 person, which is quite great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    haha oxymoron much?
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have one character in every class, and each class has its perks and downfalls.
    I see you're only level 12, so you havent gotten to BH level where the squad blames you if someone dies or someone's charm ticks. Every single class gets harped on for various things when in squad.
    No class is better or worse than any other except according to your game play. I personally love my cleric, but it may just be because she's level 70 and my alts are level 30 and below. Only time will tell if I still like my cleric when my other characters are BH level.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You could always still use your Veno to make coin as Clerics need it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    good idea Mysti!
    back in the day I just got a wiz as my bf, and he opened an anni pack and got some crazy gear! sold it and gave me some money :)

• Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My main is this cleric.. my alt's a 82 herc veno.. I freaking LOVE playing my veno. I guess I sort of see it the opposite as you:

1. Clerics are slow, venos run fast as hell.

2. Clerics wear fashion weird and have a ridiculous-looking stance at ease, whereas venos know how to work it. ;)

3. Clerics have to pay a lot more in repair because they actually take damage. Venos let pet tank everything.

4. Clerics go through RIDICULOUS amounts of pots. I use so many herb yuanxiao on my cleric it should be illegal. With the veno, I can do entire TTs and FF runs without breaking out even one pot.

5. Basically, when I'm on my veno, it's not my damn problem if someone's dying/dead! I can just do my thing and not have to spam heal and rez and buff and run around trying to keep everyone in check.

However, there are upsides to being a cleric, of course. :) We do a lot of damage, we're pretty irreplaceable, and we can get into almost any squad we want, lol. People usually don't say no to clerics. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    . . .

. . .

You're going to like using plume shot a lot then.
    . . .

(Had a Barb yelling at me for giving him Bramble, lol?)
    . . .

Are you sure that wasn't the cleric?
    . . .

I really would be fond to keep my Squad alive and offer them those very pretty and useful Buffs!
    . . .

And your squad will very much love you for it.
    . . .

No matter how much the overall Skills would cost me.
    . . .

Thats easy to say right now.
    . . .

I think Clerics are simply awesome
    . . .

You have to love the character you are playing. You also have to be cut out for it. I myself am starting to wonder if I chose incorrectly.

Best of luck to you.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You're free to play whatever you want. Any class, any server, any game. The only thing to be said is that learning what every class can do is vital to make your toon succeed. It's not all about making it powerful but also funny and rewarding.

I have a veno and I love her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i firstly rolled a BM, loved it!
    then my mate suggested we re-roll on another server, so i agreed and made a cleric this time.. and i'll admit, there have been times where i wanted to go back to my bm, but once i kill a bm in pvp, it once again opens my eyes to the great power that lies with the clerics :)

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is my main but I have a high level veno...the only thing I would trade to my Cleric is the speed.

b:cry hate being sooooo slow b:cry

Having said that, play both. Besides all classes get MUCH better at higher levels b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have both a Veno and Cleric (though the difference in lvl is like 20, but nvm that :P)

Being a cleric is not as great all the times. Sure, you can get in a lot of squads, you don't have to meditate or use hp pots since you can just heal yourself and we can do a decent amount of damage.
    But if someone dies in a squad, you're the one they're gonna yell at. Most of the time it'll be the Clerics fault if someone dies, even if it's an ignorant **** that runs out of your range and tries to kill some mobs. We also have a low income. You'll spend much money on mp pots and skills.

If you have a right build, you can solo pretty much. Most of the time when i have to kill a boss I don't have to ask anyone to help me. If you know how to play your cleric you can do pretty much things alone. Not as much as a Veno of course, but it's possible =)

I have a vit build (and i love it), but if i have to kill a mob that's my lvl it can hit me pretty hard, so if you do have a charm, it can tick.

We have 4/5 skills we're mainly using. Those are Plumeshot, Cyclone, Wield Thunder, Ironheart (and Purify once you get to the debuffing bosses). Though you make a different movement with most of this skills, it gets pretty boring to look at after a while (it never gets boring to look at tempest though b:dirty)

So in the end, the only thing i can say is: Play both classes and decide. I'd recommend playing your veno for moneymaking and transfer the money to your cleric as you'll need it ^^
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I play both my veno and my mid-level cleric, and thoroughly enjoy both. My cleric has a bit more vit then I intended, but it's good because it's enabled me to play her mostly solo, very rarely relying on others to do quests with me. My veno, I love for several reasons...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've got a Cleric and Veno, these are two great classes which could be helpful at times and independent. Whenever I get tired of my Cleric or have nothing else to do I switch to my Veno and that's why I enjoy playing them both and never get bored of them.
  • Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear
    Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    omg..im so not an attentive person...Most of the higher levels in HT i should be among those ranks but...just not attentive enough..working on it though almost lvl 60 and its gonna be the first that I am making it to lvl 60 :)
  • Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear
    Cookie_Doe - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ive kinda noticed that alot of 'attentive' pple tend to be successful in cleric soloing and such... others who tend to think about other things or watch multiple things end up having a hard time...
    You could always still use your Veno to make coin as Clerics need it.

thats what i plan to do
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I started with a cleric and played her as my main for a while. Decided to try a veno one day for fun and i fell in love. My veno has now passed my cleric (she's still lvl 95) and I haven't really looked back. b:chuckle Cleric still comes out to play when needed for parties and if anyone needs help but personally i enjoy the play of my veno much more. I chose to try the veno becuase of the independance that I was able to have. It was tough grinding on cleric solo when it came to mini bosses or even some of the tougher phys mobs. Luckily I had a barb hubby to help but whenever I had to grind or do phys mobs solo, it was a struggle for me. As with all classes, they have their pros and cons but i'd have to agree with Reds on one thing for sure.. omg.. speed is one thing that the cleric could use more of! I think my cleric runs at 5.3 and thats with speed stats on her gear while my veno can consistently run at 10.4 with demon fox form. b:surrender

When it comes to which class to play its all personal choice and game play and style. Most important is that you have fun and enjoy the class you are playing. Thinking of maybe trying a psychic next b:pleased