Do we still need hercules?

Options
Evonleer - Sanctuary
Evonleer - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have a lvl 49 venomancer char, and when I played last about a year ago, it was almost impossible to find a party willing to accept a veno without a hercules. Is it still like that? Is there a more powerful pet now than the magmites that doesn't cost a ton of irl money like the hercules does?
Post edited by Evonleer - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    A lot of people still prefer to squad with venos that have one, but it doesn't seem like it's absolutely 100% necessary. The Glacial Walker down in the Tideborn area is also better than the magmite, and it's free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The answer is yes. People are too ill-informed about Veno pets to care if yours isn't one that everyone knows is good. No matter how well you explain your pet's abilities, they just don't care. I've had a lot of success with my skill-upgraded Qingfu (on my Veno). It can tank just as good as a rock golemn. Does anyone care? No. Even today, I had to explain that to someone. He tried to force me to get a golemn. He ended up dropping the issue and was glad to see that my pet could tank very well. I won't make my Veno my main char, though, for this very problem. Hercs ruined the class.

/rant Sorry for complaining.

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The only thing is that other pets don't have the buffs the Herc. has and all being lvl5.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    101 and still no hercs. I haven't heard complaints yet. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    u will need to tank with hercule only after getting past your lv 90 but at this point it easyer to tank with ep+bm or ep+barb

all old venomancer didnt had hercule but was past 9x ....

hercule just make life way much more easyer
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you want to tank for a squad, you'll pretty-much need a herc.

But... you don't often get to tank. It's nice to have the option, but it's not required.

And heck, eve in the worst case, only ONE of the four venomancers in a typical squad needs to have a herc.
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »

Great. I'm very happy for you. I'm guessing, though, that you're using a golemn as your tank. If you used a lesser-known pet, you'd probably get complaints immediately.

The problem is with society. People only want what they trust and people only trust what they know. Most people just want to play the game to level up. They don't care which world-pets are actually good ones.

To the OP, you'll do just fine with a golemn. The heat over hercs has died down, but the real problem still exists.

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    At lvl 49 they demanded you to have a herc?
    Lol, bunch of noobs

No, you don't need a herc, never have needed a herc. It's a luxary to have a herc

EDIT: glacial walker is better than golem now
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

I call BS

Unless you oracled/solo'd your way to 101, it's absolutely impossible that you made it to 101 without any complaints/abuse/ridicule/exclusion based on the fact you didn't have a Herc. You are playing PWI, right? O_o
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He could be playing with his own group, rather than random parties with people that don't know each other and don't know a thing about how the others play.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He could be playing with his own group, rather than random parties with people that don't know each other and don't know a thing about how the others play.

No veno really needs a herc... just like no archer really needs a lunar bow... and no barb really needs refines. And yet venos get herc, archers ger lunar, barbs refines armor. We all do it to stay competitive. But if you are satified with behing relative mediocre... you don't really need anything other then npc stuff.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I call BS

Unless you oracled/solo'd your way to 101, it's absolutely impossible that you made it to 101 without any complaints/abuse/ridicule/exclusion based on the fact you didn't have a Herc. You are playing PWI, right? O_o

I think so. o_O

I did get a few questions of whether I have a hercs or not, but they weren't actually complaints. :O

Yea, sometimes I wish I had a hercs so I could tank SD, Auprus, and all that for money but I have no motivation to spend my money on a hercs now.

It's probably more competitive to get a hercs/lunar bow/super refines, but most of the time in squads, people can't really tell the difference anyways. I can get away with it without being called mediocre. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think so. o_O

I did get a few questions of whether I have a hercs or not, but they weren't actually complaints. :O

Yea, sometimes I wish I had a hercs so I could tank SD, Auprus, and all that for money but I have no motivation to spend my money on a hercs now.

It's probably more competitive to get a hercs/lunar bow/super refines, but most of the time in squads, people can't really tell the difference anyways. I can get away with it without being called mediocre. b:avoid

That is true. O_o

But yea, you don't need a Herc. From all the BHs we have done, you are an awesome veno.b:victory

Hercs are overrated anyways, let the Barbs handle the work. >:]

Atleast Barbs are free. :D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Atleast Barbs are ussaly free. :D:D:D

off topic:i corrected your post dont forget theres ******* barbs that charge for tanking stuff
    and no im not one off them

on topic: hercs were never a neccesity they make things easier somethimes but living without them is quite easily possible
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Atleast Barbs are free. :D:D:D

Maybe on HT. On RT, you're glad if you can find a Barb for BH 69 ... the few that exist rather hyper in FC (and on RT, venos w/o Herc dont get an invite for that, too).

So, I'd say that on RT, yes, you NEED a Herc.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

May we see your avatar???
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes, sadly. My friend has a lvl70 veno and she cannot get a squad to TT with her Glacial... :c She's happy if she can get into BH. And we're not from USA... Maybe an American person can afford spending 200 dollars on a virtual pet, but here in our country we earn 300 dollars A MONTH. And she only managed to save up 10mil coins during her 70 lvls. lol, we are basically screwed. I told her to quit her veno, like I did. xD
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • sambotoon202
    sambotoon202 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    [HTML]Youth Abgh speak together, accompanied by game my father speak with him because my brother Ba game starts with him a personal Ba game starts name sonci Ashti very least he no idea that the program to Suh Ihecr right Alchksiah is Iqalk if Ba Thecr personal if you allow him back I'm me, 3 months and I am game starts, if allowed Hadronization because the de Yahoo does not deliver the case, if allowed I mean, if graciously HD Eliyahu right brother Ba Ahdrick which mahomd2009@yahoo.com ok ok Guys[/HTML] Youth Abgh speak together, accompanied by game my father speak with him because my brother Ba game starts with him a personal Ba game starts name sonci Ashti very least he no idea that the program to Suh Ihecr right Alchksiah is Iqalk if Ba Thecr personal if you allow him back I'm me, 3 months and I am game starts, if allowed Hadronization because the de Yahoo does not deliver the case, if allowed I mean, if the right kind enough to head Yahoo brother Ba Ahdrick which mahomd2009@yahoo.com ok ok Guys and Ashti he was ousted by a tiger Ba Ba game characters Burberry Oki Evlh 69 was Abagi Qalily Ba keep 70 if allowed said means due Aha_khasih him more harm than 3 months and is playing my game starts
  • gleardramearth
    gleardramearth Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am seriously frustrated today. I bought a Herc. and the Hp is great and he is a good tank pet. But, getting meat drops to fill him will keep me from leveling for weeks ata time

Super saving on the pocket book, no more charms needed while I am hunting pet food
    and no armor needed the weeks I will not be leveling. but it isn't fun to just grind for meat drops day after day. I even looked in boutique for herc food items out of desperation. none are for sale right now? Argh""""""""""
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    and no barb really needs refines.

BLASPHEMY!

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am seriously frustrated today. I bought a Herc. and the Hp is great and he is a good tank pet. But, getting meat drops to fill him will keep me from leveling for weeks ata time

Super saving on the pocket book, no more charms needed while I am hunting pet food
    and no armor needed the weeks I will not be leveling. but it isn't fun to just grind for meat drops day after day. I even looked in boutique for herc food items out of desperation. none are for sale right now? Argh""""""""""

Get a Tome. Any Tome will do. Keeps your pets from getting hungry, so you only have to feed them for loyalty after they die.
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i have herc, but no1 have told me yet that i need it. if some1 asks 'do i have herc' then i ask them "do i need it?" and usual reply is that dun rly need it, but would be better if i had it lol. none of FC squads have asked me do i have herc and even with having herc no1 have asked me to tank bosses.