Mana regeneration Formula?

tigerfille
tigerfille Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
why is there no post of this? I would liek to know the Mp drain i will get with BB be4 starting a cleric. Since BB seems to be the most mp expensive skill and will be used during TT GV and such.

So it puts you in Combat mode and regeneration is cut by 75%.

IF i use concentrate orb i get 100x0.25 = 25 mp reg

if i get MP recovery on my armor i guess thats also cut by 75%. how much mp recovery could i pull of on having armor?

and most important, how much MP recovery per mag point? or is it calculated by max mana?

So the question how you calculate your potential manaregeneration by mag points.
Post edited by tigerfille on

Comments

• Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    BB consumes 500mp every 5secs. Just use pots or charms to maintain BB up.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    alas, there are indeed very few info about mp regen.

looks like 330 mag = 19 mp regen, at least on my psy but i'm not sure
    i have 57 mp regen from armor but i was really lucky with a hat (+4+4mp regen)
    even if I used orb that would be ~39mp/sec => 196mp in 5 sec
    so, supposing you have 7k mp you could keep a bb for ~2min without refilling
    (BB: 500mp every 5sec)

theoretically if you got a robe, pants, boots, wrists and hat with 3x +4mp regen plus natures breath (+7) plus a belt (bones of the dead/tt80 +3) you could have 89mp regen and therefore you could cover half the cost of the BB

but well, good luck with finding a piece with +4+4
    it's hard to find armor with mp regen points and your defence would be crappy

so no, it would be better to spent the money for tokens => herbs yunxiahapospa or whatever it's name is.
    however, as psy i find it really pleasing that i can grind almost non-stop with only my armor and i can refill my mp in less than a minute. however i keep a second, good set of armor. nah, i love my mp regen armorb:dirty

edit: i forgot about the tomes, there are some tomes with mp regen, i think the highest is +12.... but i'm not so sure
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Formula is 20mag =+1 mp rgen
    and everyone gets a +1 base mp regen or something like that.

So a 330 mag toon will have at least 16+1mp regen (17 mp regen)
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    BB consumes 500mp every 5secs. Just use pots or charms to maintain BB up.

No Cleric would ever use a charm for bb unless compensated.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    BB can be keeped up with lvl 60 mp pots enough time to get the boss killed. No need to use a charm for it.

The trick is to watch the boss HP and your MP to know when stop using pots and let your remaining mp do the work (if you're not charmed, that is).

Generally I use around 10 lvl60 mp pots per TT 1-2, 1-2 bosses that does AoE, and around 10-30 per TT 2-1 General Wurlord. This, of course, depends on squad build and lvl of party members.

If you think pot usage may not be enough, you can try more advanced "no charm BB techiques", such as 2-cleric alternating BB, 1 Cleric-Veno BB, or 2 Cleric/demon IH.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Moose - Dreamweaver
    Miss_Moose - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Formula is 20mag =+1 mp rgen
    and everyone gets a +1 base mp regen or something like that.

So a 330 mag toon will have at least 16+1mp regen (17 mp regen)

Mp regen is 5mag = +1 regen

so just divide your total mp by 5 and you got your mp regen rate.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mp regen is 5mag = +1 regen

so just divide your total mp by 5 and you got your mp regen rate.

I think this the correct one.

+1 regen base plus +1 per every 5 Mag would explain why clerics doesn't loose mp while flying with the white wings at the beggining of the game as archers do (since white wings consume 2 mp/sec).
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If that were true I would have 72 MP/s standing b:shocked
    20 seems to work out perfectly for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    maybe the level/total amount of points in mag is in the formula (to explain the cleric wings) but it is definetely not 5mag 1mp regen. althought i would love it xD
  • Vaktoth - Sanctuary
    Vaktoth - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, at some point I was puzzled by this too and decided to make a few low level chars and get them to level 5 adding only vit OR mag to get an idea how this works.

There's no formula as such so I can't tell if every number of levels there is a variation or if there is a cap at some point, and also didn't test every single class, but for the tested classes the results up to level 5 where the following:

Base (5 on all stats) mana regeneration:
    Cleric: +2 mp/sec
    Blademaster: 1 mp/sec
    Barbarian: 0.5 mp/sec

Level 5 mana regeneration with 30 mag:
    Cleric: +2mp/sec
    Blademaster: +3mp/sec
    Barbarian: +3mp/sec

Base (5 on all stats) hp regeneration:
    Cleric: +0.5 mp/sec
    Barbarian: 2 mp/sec
    (I started getting lazy/bored and didn't level the BM)

Level 5 hp regeneration with 30 vit:
    Cleric: +3 hp/sec
    (I got even more lazy/bored and didn't level the barb either but I play one anyway)

That would show that for a cleric and possibly the other caster classes:
    10 mag = +0.5 mp/sec
    10 vit = +1 hp/sec

For a barbarian and possibly the other fighter classes:
    10 mag = +1 mp/sec
    10 vit = +0.5 hp/sec

This shows that while pool and resistance increases with every point, regeneration increases seem to "tick" or apply only every 10 stat points.

Also, while mp pool and resistance per mag is greater for a cleric the regeneration rate is lower, and the same thing happens to hp pool and resistance per vit for the two melee classes. I know it sounds weird, but it could be made this way so all classes actually get to consume pots instead of taking super-meditation breaks.

EDIT: Sorry, just logged and checked and base regeneration value DOES STACK with all other bonuses, thus the paragraph that was here was removed.

I hope that helps but if somebody has more accurate information please share.