Knockback Arrow

Neftis_ - Heavens Tear
Neftis_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Archer
Max it or not? Does added dmg worth more mana? What would u recommend to a new archer?
Post edited by Neftis_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Personally, I have kept it at level 1. The only reason I have it is to get melee mobs out of my face, not to deal them damage. There are other (better) skills for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Keep it Lv1 until you're at Lv89, and then only if you want to go for a Sage/Demon version.

It's a vital skill, but the reason it's vital (12 meter knockback) doesn't increase at all as you level it. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Ksir - Raging Tide
    Ksir - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Theres no need to level it up. The damage increase is very little and all it does is increase the mana cost. Increased mana cost=more mana potions. Which in turn will end up costing you more in the long run. Its much better to keep it at level 1. Youll be able to save your money/spirit for other skills.
  • Haxxz - Harshlands
    Haxxz - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Basically what others have said, it's used only for the actual effect (knocking mob back) and this effect doesn't increase with leveling.

Also, like Miugre said; if you wanna get it lvl 11 for the demon/sage bonus it would make more sense (even though sage bonus is pretty terrible and most archers go demon anyway.)
  • Random - Harshlands
    Random - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    kb arrow u need for some of the dire situations so it wud b advisable to keep its cost to a minimum atleast thats my take
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i...umm... sorta maxed it at lvl 90 something b:avoid ... at that time i had extra coins and loads of sp so i got bored and lvled most of my skills >_< .. i dont regret it though. actually i dont even use that skill anymore. ok maybe once in a blue moon.

bc im awesome! (no youre not dude)
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katozuma - Raging Tide
    Katozuma - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have yet to max it out but i do got it a lvl 8 only bc i had some extra coins and spare sp. But like most ppl its best to keep it a lvl1, too bad the distance doesnt increase as it lvled up, then it actually might be worth it.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Basically what others have said, it's used only for the actual effect (knocking mob back) and this effect doesn't increase with leveling.

Also, like Miugre said; if you wanna get it lvl 11 for the demon/sage bonus it would make more sense (even though sage bonus is pretty terrible and most archers go demon anyway.)
    I'm actually one of those weirdos who would get Sage Knockback. :P I can think of some uses for it, particularly in normal grinding.

Now if only I could lower the cooldown on Stun Arrow... -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • XConnorx - Dreamweaver
    XConnorx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010

bc im awesome! (no youre not dude)

DONT LIE...b:laughb:chuckle
    NO!!!! IM NOT A FKING GIRL NAMED CONNOR!!!!!!b:angry b:shocked!!!! HOW COULD YOU THINK SO!!!!
    Opps caps lock b:laughb:chuckle...
  • Suzume_chan - Heavens Tear
    Suzume_chan - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have lvled it to lvl 4 or so and I kinda regret it since I can use my mp for better things.
    Its better to leave it at lvl 1 and maybe lvl it later when you got enough points left.
    b:cute
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Kinda stupid that the KB range doesn't get increased at all. I think all other KB skills get their range increased every level. I myself keep it at level one, since the damage increase isn't that much.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Mercinary - Heavens Tear
    Mercinary - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I ended up maxing it really late when I had extra spirit. At lower levels the added damage is pretty good but later on its just pointless.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was lvling mine but stopped after reading another thread on in here.I concentrate on the more important skills now passives wop.blazing and frost.I am wondering about winged shell but that is another thread.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Don't even bother leveling it.

Knockback is meant to "knock the mob back" (duh) and only for that. The dmg it deals is just a bonus. It's basically garbage to use as a dmg skill, only useful when you're doing stuff alone, mostly. (In squad when you're in a cave, when the barb is tanking it's obvious you don't use knockback.)

The range the mob gets push back doesn't change, and you're better off lvling other skills that will pwn the mob as a follow-up from knockback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide
    AmarthUmelda - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have lvled it to lvl 4 or so and I kinda regret it since I can use my mp for better things.
    Its better to leave it at lvl 1 and maybe lvl it later when you got enough points left.

^
    This is so true, you don't even know. At lvl 60+, if you take your quests 1-3lvls late [or 12...b:beatup ] you will only use the following skills [and ur passives, duh] in day-to day:

1. Opener: A sniping shot, either maxed take aim if u go x-bow, or deadly shot if u have anything else.
    2. Slow: If you have frost arrow maxed, they won't even get to you. [note: with a slingshot {refined 3* jade ne1?} you attack fast enough that you don't need the nuke {the damage bonus isn't great neway with nething but an x-bow}, so skip it, and just open with Frost]
    3. Regular+: BLAZING ARROW At 37, you may not know it yet, (unless you've trolled the forums) but BA is your BEST SKILL [after your passives ;)]. Maxed Frost vs. TT60 or Solarslayer+1'd with maxed BA= epic win for BA. Even with slingie' [Jade Slingshots are kinda like Unicorns imho: cheap, abundant, and semi-decent], regular shots with BA are almost as hard-hitting as low-lvl skills.

But back on topic:
    Seriously, knockback at anything but lvl1 is a major headach and regret. don't do it.
    My _____ are...
    Archer: fun
    Blademaster: Awesome
    Wizard: BIDS. <-- Coming soon
    Cleric: New, idk yet :)