[Need to verify.] Psy 80+ pure mag with 4k+ hp buffed can tank wurlord in 2-2

Options
_Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
_Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
^
As title.

I could tank wurlord with 4.2k hp, pure mag, equipped as magic tank, with bb and a cleric healing me. But I couldnt hold aggro.
I think a psy 85 could do the same work, but they have their reflect skill, and fast casting. Maybe could hold aggro so good, and it sounds too good when barb aint good in tanking it.

What do u think about?
Post edited by _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It sounds like so much mana drained. Psy + Cleric + Cleric, but it sounds like it could work. Be best if someone could try it, and post results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I tanked it only with BB for my 3rd map culti ( I was 99 back then).
    easy peasy, same with the ape boss.
    Anni packs gear just made every endgame class OP in PvE.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Tanked it with BB only when I was low 9x with low refined TT90 gears (roughly 4.5k HP buffed), so definitely doable for an 85+ psy with a second cleric healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • $Feanor$ - Dreamweaver
    $Feanor$ - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This post is gonna help me make a lot of money b:victoryb:pleasedb:laugh
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think you could just let a barb tank do his job and tank?
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dude these are pure idiots and charm burners..yes just let the barb do his job wich cancels the magic spells of wurlord..k bye bye ty.If u like getting 2-5k magic blast upon u and i know it will tick a hp charm even with bb on your fragile bodies..do it but its your waste and i BET you wouldnt do as many as u would like to after it lol
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mmmmm k.
    If barbs arent fail in tanking wurlord...I'd never said this. ^_^
    Last 2-2 I tanked alone wurlord after 4 squad wipes caused by barb. :D
    Some barbs think they're superheros and also at 70+ can tank wurlord in 2-2 also without interrupting his skills, with only 7hp.
    I have to think to alternatives when I see that the normal things aint working.

So, pls dont blame me.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think you could just let a barb tank do his job and tank?
    dude these are pure idiots and charm burners..yes just let the barb do his job wich cancels the magic spells of wurlord..k bye bye ty.If u like getting 2-5k magic blast upon u and i know it will tick a hp charm even with bb on your fragile bodies..do it but its your waste and i BET you wouldnt do as many as u would like to after it lol

Seriously, are you guys one of those people who only accept barbs as tanks and no other class? And am I safe to assume that you two are also one of those who thinks only a barb can tank bosses in bh 69?

For a full TT 2-2 run (squad lvl range 80-89) a barb isn't necessary. Wurlord can be tanked safely by even a bm or archer 85+ with two clerics (with decent gear - and I don't mean event gears or stuff refined to +4 either). A few months ago when I was still in the low 90s, along with 2 cleric and bm friend also in the 90s did multiple TT 2-3 runs doing all bosses except AE. A level 90+ barb can pretty much tank wurlord with just one strong cleric healing and no BB in 2-3. Why would you want to waste time trying to find a barb, who might even not do a good job if there are other classes capable of doing it? Now a days, who the heck do TT runs hp charmed - use hp foods instead if needed. Also, having the strongest DDer tank will make the run go much faster because they don't have to gimp damage and worry about aggro steal.

Further more, a few months ago I thought only a barb/bm can tank Decaying Fragrance in FCC until I had squaded with an amazing lvl 90 Sin (with LA) who practically tanked Decaying Fragrance with no charm tick, which not even a herc'ed veno can do it. Aside from that, that same sin was the one who lured all of the mobs for zhenning because the barb dc'ed and never returned after the first few bosses. And currently in most of my Nirvana runs, we have a well geared fist/claw archer (if his attack rate is higher than the bm) to tank all the bosses for a speedy run with no barb.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Further more, a few months ago I thought only a barb/bm can tank Decaying Fragrance in FCC until I had squaded with an amazing lvl 90 Sin (with LA) who practically tanked Decaying Fragrance with no charm tick, which not even a herc'ed veno can do it. Aside from that, that same sin was the one who lured all of the mobs for zhenning because the barb dc'ed and never returned after the first few bosses. And currently in most of my Nirvana runs, we have a well geared fist/claw archer (if his attack rate is higher than the bm) to tank all the bosses for a speedy run with no barb.

the only problem a random pet has is the debuff, the veno cant purify...

i think you can tank that one too if ur CLERIC is good :P

wulord hits Fire MAGIC damage
    guess what Pyroshell does :o - wiz only lack in dps.. so they cant tank/aggro :P
    (i tank only when tank dies and it takes ages, pets aggro and die etc :o)

if the psy can do it with black voodo on... they prolly deal more damage but..
    pets/archers/sins/bms still steal aggro :o

pure mag and 4k hp at 8x? wow... i just hit 4k with 99 Lol
    i like potato
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    same here....b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

the OP said 4k buffed dunno, i'm 80 and have around 4k too with the barb buff:/ (3k unbuffed)
    i dont think that i have great gear either, i just sharded with citrines (maybe i should put some garnets:/)
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ...when u start thinking before u finish reading....

b:surrender sry my bad
    i like potato
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

One should not forget that you are a little squishy. ^_^

On topic: Wiz have some tricks for Wurlord.. Especially as a sage you can make use of Sage Spark damage reduction and let the cleric spam IH. After the spark effect ran out, you negate one attack with Elemental Shell. I got no problem in tanking Wurlord 2-3 with one Cleric spamming IH. I just use Sage Pyroshell (150% more fire defense. One of the few uses besides Linus, Hooli or that one Boss in FB99 Hell), Sage Spark and Elemental Shell. I guess Wind Shield on a good dex Genie would help as well.

Decaying Fragrance is really easy if the cleric is good.

Eyes of the Krimson or Jewelscalen (solo) work as well. Never tried FB69 yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Options
    but xeg, its about those new fake fish wizards, not the old ones
    i like potato
  • HUN_Loui$ - Heavens Tear
    HUN_Loui$ - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm lvl 87 psy with 11K mage def buffed, and I got 4,2K hp buffed, and wur hit me 1,5K fire dmg, 1 time failed when wf pulled him on me >_< 6K phisical attack... -.-
    so not impossible to tank him with 8x psy ;)