Psychics at Endgame

Chiv - Lost City
Chiv - Lost City Posts: 79 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Psychic
I have two questions from all you endgame psychics out there.

1. Are psychics as good as some of the other really good PVP classes out there?
(I'm thinking Wizard and Sin in particular as those are two other classes I'm considering lvling for PVP.)

2. Do Psy's hit as hard, or alternately DD as well as wizards endgame? how does their damage output compare?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Chiv - Lost City on

Comments

• Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm not endgame, but can I answer your question? =(
    1.It is a good pvp class, and most annoying caster class by far.
    2.Psy don't hit as hard as wizard, it's like cleric in firepower with shorter chann without the 1hko skill temptest along with the debuff. Well our strongest spell is like cleric wield thunder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    red tide bleed if not purified by genie or ep is our 1 shoot skill

we have immune physical skill rellay god against bm and archer (psy will)
    we have reflect + absorb skill really good against mage ( soul of retaliation )
    we have 2 stun skill ( earth vector and soul of stunning )
    we have 2 slow skill ( aqua impact and aqua cannon )
    we have <2 seconds skill only

so we have really great damage skills with great effect not as strong as mage but faster ( good for pvp )
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Kamikazi/ - Harshlands
    Kamikazi/ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm not endgame, but can I answer your question? =(
    1.It is a good pvp class, and most annoying caster class by far.
    2.Psy don't hit as hard as wizard, it's like cleric in firepower with shorter chann without the 1hko skill temptest along with the debuff. Well our strongest spell is like cleric wield thunder.

OK for 1 red tide is stronger than wield thunder.2 also redtide has the chance to make u bleed so will do dmg closer or higher than tempest and on top of the comment about wield thunder ur wrong :) i have a psy lvl 90 btw and i kno that glacial shards hits harder than thunder cuz i also have a cleric lvl 85 so u fail at the lesson ur teaching so stop trolling and let somone that knows what they are talking bout teach b:shutup k...k now go lvl and find out urself bfore u say somthin bac on this TC
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    hai trolll, apparently you are stupid enough to actually thinking of comparing a 2 sparks with a non spark spell. I comparing 2 strongest non spark spells, sorry for not being clear.
    annd hai, I also have a cleric lvl85 <3
    Also,
    Wield Thunder: 200% of weapon damage plus 4583.3
    Glacial Shard: 200% of weapon damage plus 2675.1
    Ye... 4583.3 < 2675.1 and 0>1, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1. Are psychics as good as some of the other really good PVP classes out there?
    I'm not sure there are many good wizards endgame at my server but I'm telling you the uber psychic(s) on this server are on par or above 5 aps BMs with uber gear.

And... yeah... they don't even have sage/demon skills yet. b:surrender
    2. Do Psy's hit as hard, or alternately DD as well as wizards endgame? how does their damage output compare?
    What do you mean by "DD"?

DPS (damage per second on average) or DPH (damage per hit)?

if it's DPS psychics are way above wizards, especially end-game (because base magic attack gets more multiplier with more mag stat, and since spells are faster... you get the idea).

DPH of course wizards are higher but then again also 2-3 times as slow to cast and damage is not even double btw.

(unless of course you debuff, but then psychic has debuffs too like Soulburn and Diminished Vigor to make charms less effective, etc)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Damage per hit = Our damage sort of caps where Wizard damage doesn't. A good idea of max Psy damage per hit is the AOE's. Glacial shards, Sandburst, Aqua Cannon, Aqua Cannon being our hardest hitter besides Red Tide but it requires the enemy to be next to you. The other two can be spammed freely with no limits. If you check Wiz damage, you'll see that they get 300% damage bonus, 400%, 500%....no limit, whereas we cap at 200%.
    Sins are of course a physical class, so they won't go anywhere near out damage per hit. I know that regular hits are very low damage per hit, but their damage from skills and crits is fairly high by physical damage standards.

Damage per second = Psys beat Wizards. We simply cast faster, so while a Wiz may hit 12k in one hit, in the same amount of time we hit 14-16k in two. Simple as that, really.
    I'm not actually sure if we out-do Assassins or not. The reason is because in BH runs, I ALWAYS pull aggro. Not the archer, not the wiz, not the assassin. Me. However, if I'm using White voodoo on a boss, then it is the sin who starts pulling aggro. Aside from that, Sins are always bragging about their crit rate and crit damage, and when I calculate with the numbers they give me, they SHOULD outdamage me. Perhaps they do, but mobs tend to run towards classes that hit hard in individual hits more. Or perhaps...The sin community as a whole is rather arrogant, so they could be exaggerating their damage. I dunno.

Status Ailments =
    Psys have superior "PvE status ailments" (slow target, bleed target, decrease accuracy) compared to Wizards. We have a far more reliable freeze spell, an equal "blind" spell and an inferior (only on success %) slowing spell. However, I can tell you that this combo compliments the Psy much better than the Wizard's. On top of that we have a spell to interrupt channeling, silence and stun.
    Admittedly though, I'd say a Sin has better PVP status ailments. The reason is that our really strong ailments (stun, silence) are mostly passive; they require the enemy to attack us first. A sin has a dozen ailments, all of which can be used when the sin wants.

Buffs = A Wiz's buffs are pretty self-explanatory and useful in every situation. A Psy's buffs are pretty tricky. We can increase the power of our charms, potions and healing spell, we can get an 8 second physical damage immunity and we can make attacking us a dicey move altogther.
    I would definitely choose a Psy's buffs over a Wizards. A wizard's buffs function more like something that helps you reduce a 200 damage hit to a 150; helpful and doesn't have downsides, but often it's not life-saving or noticeable. A Psy's buffs are more like the ace in the hole that will save your butt. Soul of Silence, Soul of Stunning, Soul of Retaliation and Psychic Will are all lifesavers.
    Sin buffs (invisibility, recover HP near death, increase crit damage) are of course useful, but I can't tell you how useful. Those are the types of buffs where their usefulness depends on the person using it.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • CoN_Artist - Harshlands
    CoN_Artist - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^^^^^^

This guy is good at explaining.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hai trolll, apparently you are stupid enough to actually thinking of comparing a 2 sparks with a non spark spell. I comparing 2 strongest non spark spells, sorry for not being clear.
    annd hai, I also have a cleric lvl85 <3
    Also,
    Ye... 4583.3 < 2675.1 and 0>1, right?

Wow Hypnos has godlike skills of pwning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just one things, psy have +22 atk lvl buff so it makes the difference in terms of dmg b:chuckle
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just one things, psy have +22 atk lvl buff so it makes the difference in terms of dmg b:chuckle

22 attack levels doesn't exactly make up the difference between 200% and 500% weapon damage not to mention the static bonuses on moves like BIDS and MS and debuffs like undine strike. The advantage of good DPH is the ability to bypass charm. An endgame psychic will have difficulty bypassing charm ticks of a high HP barb whereas a wizard would be able to 1-2 shot while charm is in cooldown. Endgame wizards also tend to be a lot less squishy due to stone barrier. With good equips/sharding, they can get great defense on both sides.

PVE wise, psychics are probably better because high DPS allows them to kill a lot of things before it reaches them. On bosses, they end up doing a lot more damage over time.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    OMG Man, I feel the sarcasm >_<

Get back to FapFapFap's bed nao D:<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    i meant when you compare this V, you have to make it thinking of the +22:
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    May as well include Cleric Elemental Seal:
    Reduces your magic defense by 30% of equipment value to reduce the enemy's magic defense by 30% of equipment value. Lasts 20 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    True but it s not like psy buff that s almost part of yourself >.<
    i personnaly almost always have it on
    But well you got a point here ;)
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    22 attack levels doesn't exactly make up the difference between 200% and 500% weapon damage not to mention the static bonuses on moves like BIDS and MS and debuffs like undine strike. The advantage of good DPH is the ability to bypass charm. An endgame psychic will have difficulty bypassing charm ticks of a high HP barb whereas a wizard would be able to 1-2 shot while charm is in cooldown.
    That is only relevant for the first hit, after the charm is ticked by someone else OR a DoT. Any hit afterwards, unless in Sutra, is gonna suck compared to a psychic, because even though we hit harder, it's also much slower. Yes, time's ticking (10 secs) when we channel our spells.

Best combo to take out a charmed barb without bypassing (assuming bypassing is impossible) would be a psy stacking DoTs and wizzie getting close to 50%, wizzie channeling a long-**** spell (BIDS for instance), charm tick just when BIDS is about to hit, so BIDS hits after charm is ticked after a very short period. Equals massive damage in the "relevant timeframe" (charm cooldown)

Then psy would be preferred as higher DPS means more dmg in those 10 secs --> more chances of taking out the barb. Success not guaranteed, and varies with barb's gear and skill.
  • JupiterVixen - Heavens Tear
    JupiterVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thats awesome
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Have everyone checking these thread ? (by Korren) It a translation of psychic 79 & 100 skills.
    >.> . . most of actually attacking move though . . and i guess psychic have skill close to bids and tempest damage now . .

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=727092

About endgame psychic . . don't forget to aim the highest weapon refine you can for soulforce. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...