Wich one is the best for me?

Options
Tivas - Archosaur
Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
Ok guys i know i still have a long way to go on this but i like to hear your pro opinions.

So at TT 99 wep ill have the soulgem Fantasia wich give me two options

TT 99 Gold

Critcal 3% Hp 245 max maf attack +142

and

TT 99 ( dont remmeber name)

Critcal 2% max mag attack 72+ and mag points 16/17

im planing going demon and without wep or skill i think ill have 9% critical rate..

Pls advise me..b:kiss
Post edited by Tivas - Archosaur on

Comments

• Tivas - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oh forgot to say im pure 1 strg 9 mag
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The gold, no doubt XD
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Doing the math the normal TT 99 will hit higher than the gold one right?
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The gold, no doubt XD

What this dude said.

I am pure as well (3vit, minimum str, rest magic) and HP had been a problem for me even when I had +5 gear all around. Since you've narrowed it down to these two as what your chasing after. I'd recommend gold TT99 as well and later on if you want more potential for damage you can convert it into Nirvana and if you don't you have a pretty decent weapon.

Edit: Yes, the green TT99 magic sword scaredevil hits harder on average its even comparable to the Lunar Wand up to a certain refining point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Gold is indeed better, you wont loose that many attack, and will have 1 more critical AND 245 hp, which says enough..

To bad the gold weapon looks so damn ugly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Gold is indeed better, you wont loose that many attack, and will have 1 more critical AND 245 hp, which says enough..

To bad the gold weapon looks so damn ugly...

lol, yeah its like a giant ugly boomerang with handle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tivas - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What this dude said.

I am pure as well (3vit, minimum str, rest magic) and HP had been a problem for me even when I had +5 gear all around. Since you've narrowed it down to these two as what your chasing after. I'd recommend gold TT99 as well and later on if you want more potential for damage you can convert it into Nirvana and if you don't you have a pretty decent weapon.

Edit: Yes, the green TT99 magic sword scaredevil hits harder on average its even comparable to the Lunar Wand up to a certain refining point.

Viv u are so right i loose every got dam duels i do due to ly lack of good hp and sometimes i losse to low lvl ppl with average gears....

Another question pls, should i keep combining phys def shards and hp ones or just go for hp ones at lvl 90 equipments?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would love to exchange my +10 Neon for a +10 Inferno any day.
    That extra crit and the HP is more valuable than a little bit more magic dmg.
    And I don't mind the looks BTW, at all.
    Viv u are so right i loose every got dam duels i do due to ly lack of good hp and sometimes i losse to low lvl ppl with average gears....

Another question pls, should i keep combining phys def shards and hp ones or just go for hp ones at lvl 90 equipments?

depends on your gear.
    You should have 2k pdef without any buffs at 90. And that 2k should be with normal gear, no cube/warsong neck/belts.
    From that point on, shard HP 95 gear and cube neck/belts should give you the pdef you need later on.
    No questions about it, put HP on pants, cause those can be endgame easily. Nothing that comes after beats them (except nirvana).
    I'm fully HP sharded, 5940 HP and 7400 Pdef self buffed.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options

Well, I went with random +HP cape, +hp and crit rings, TT90 gold wrists, TT90 green pants, TT90 green shirt, TT90 green boots, TT90 gold necklace, 1st OHT map belt which is horrible lol. It all depends on how much capital your willing to invest. At first when I was 90 I was a mixture of pdef and hp shards about 50/50 since I didn't have a pdef belt worth refining highly and my necklace TT90 gold and making it +5 put me in the hole a bit at the time. Everyone is a bit different with different needs so I can't really say this is a good path for you. Eventually switched the OHT belt with a nice warsong belt on accident when I was selling packs on my vendor alt I clicked on the pack and luckily got one. 2 lunar rings, event pdef cape, event helm, event boots buying them one piece at a time took me about 6 months. I phased out my pdef shards one set at a time like when I got one ring I took out all the pdef shards in my pants and did HP. You can go full HP and have highly refined ornaments and skip my headache of taking out and imbuing shards but make sure it fits your budget. I cant really recommend a route for you, all I can do is just tell you my experiences. At 90 I had 4.4k pdef 4.3k hp which is ok at that point but not something you should stay at for long. @95 I had 5.8k pdef and 5khp. @100 I have 7k pdef and for now I have 5.5k hp.

Here's a link to a character building website. Although its not 100% accurate its the best thing out there right now and its pretty much spot on for the regular stuff not so much for the event boots and helm. Play around with it a bit till you find a good enough place you want to be in terms of gear and where you want to go realistically and eventually.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/

edit - My pdef I said is selfbuffed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tivas - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Options
    One last question ppl(sorry but wiz are not easy to go trough) should i reset my dex for 3 points and add in magic?

I got TT 80 yaksa so i gain nothing on dex for critical

Ty for all replys btw
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dex won't help you now, but later on when you get your endgame gear, you might have dex as bonuses (OHT Top/sleeves ...).
    Anyway, generally dex is **** for wizards, but just to restat for those two points it's not worth it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • centennial
    centennial Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    use a glaive you ****ing noob.
    glaives are best suited for mages
    and you should go sage being on a pve server
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    centennial wrote: »

troll or n00b?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • HazZzarD - Harshlands
    HazZzarD - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Both i think b:laugh
  • Xarathos - Harshlands
    Xarathos - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

here speaks the pure knowledge of the class lmao b:laughb:shutup
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

That's why rank8 wiz weapon is a mag sword with crit?

And good to know that sage/demon thing is solved.
    PvE = sage, PvP = demon. Tnx for the clarification, that really solves all problems
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • centennial
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That's why rank8 wiz weapon is a mag sword with crit?

And good to know that sage/demon thing is solved.
    PvE = sage, PvP = demon. Tnx for the clarification, that really solves all problems

Yes. put words in my mouth, make yourself look more intelligent.

PVE wise I'd rather have a damage reduction than chanting, as if I'm PVE-ing I'm stacked with chanting gear, so demon spark would gimp my chanting speed.
  • Xarathos - Harshlands
    Xarathos - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes. put words in my mouth, make yourself look more intelligent.

PVE wise I'd rather have a damage reduction than chanting, as if I'm PVE-ing I'm stacked with chanting gear, so demon spark would gimp my chanting speed.

yes yes.. go sage for pve and LA and stay off forums pl0x b:shutup
  • centennial
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yes yes.. go sage for pve and LA and stay off forums pl0x b:shutup

/rolleyes
    9x mages talking smack.

know your role, please.
  • centennial
    edited May 2010