Cheating at Public Quest

Options
_Leif - Lost City
_Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
So i was doing PQ today for the first time with my cleric friend and we were doing pretty well. Up until a lvl 100 bm came in and killed just about every single mob, putting her squad mate in first. Is this cheating? If a GM or mod could reply, thatd be great.

I have SS as well, just can't figure out how to add them to post b:surrender
Post edited by _Leif - Lost City on

Comments

• Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Don't post up the SS. Could be considered naming and shaming which is a big no no.

And try sending a ticket in with the SS there...

Never tried PQ myself and I thought it was all based on the individual work..not the squads..
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'd black out names, factions, etc. Even the name of the person in squad that admitted 'ya, it kinda is [cheating]".

Don't know if i should ticket it tho since I'm not sure if it's technically illegal, just tremendously unfair
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well.....Basically you can call the 100 BM an a-hole for doing that, while also calling the squad mate a even bigger a-hole for allowing the BM to do that.

I wouldn't consider it cheating. Since he is out of the lvl range, squad mate is in lvl range, and the kills count towards squad mate....Just consider it as a way to "amp" your spot in the PQ to get better stuff.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well.....Basically you can call the 100 BM an a-hole for doing that, while also calling the squad mate a even bigger a-hole for allowing the BM to do that.

Oh, trust me, i did lol. Direct quotations of the dialogue.

Me: "Isnt that cheating ****[BM] =o"
    Person squadded with BM: "It is sorta"
    Person squadded with BM: "But ummm we need to level up"

b:angry

Mods, is it legal?
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would get some high level friends and pk them. You are on a pvp server. b:chuckle That's just me though. I'm evil. ';..;'
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well thats not as bad as killing all the ppl so they cant progress. at least they let you live b:surrender
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BM was in a carebear TW faction. Regardless, pking at PQ is bannable
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What public quest is this?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    60-80

10char
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would get some high level friends and pk them. You are on a pvp server. b:chuckle That's just me though. I'm evil. ';..;'

o.o.....You know my inner thoughts.....

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!! b:infuriatedb:infuriated
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah. if "PK at PQ" were an offense to start with, best solution would be to just disable PK in the PQ instance (it's an instance, right?).

Same for high level people. If it were illegal, easiest way to would be to just not allow them into the instance.

Both of these checks are trivial to implement, and they are NOT there. Therefore, it can't be illegal. You can't seriously expect people to constantly search the internet for hints whether something the game allows is in fact allowed, or whether some clueless GM considers it illegal and will ban you.

PQ sounds like a cooperative setting, but it's not. It's a form of PvP; you are EXPECTED to do whatever it takes to beat the other guys. PK, killsteal, whatever.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah. if "PK at PQ" were an offense to start with, best solution would be to just disable PK in the PQ instance (it's an instance, right?).

Same for high level people. If it were illegal, easiest way to would be to just not allow them into the instance.

Both of these checks are trivial to implement, and they are NOT there. Therefore, it can't be illegal. You can't seriously expect people to constantly search the internet for hints whether something the game allows is in fact allowed, or whether some clueless GM considers it illegal and will ban you.

PQ sounds like a cooperative setting, but it's not. It's a form of PvP; you are EXPECTED to do whatever it takes to beat the other guys. PK, killsteal, whatever.

It's not an instance.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

...barbs seperating mobs so we cant aoe...b:angry

but it's all part of the competitionb:victory

however, one time we all cooperated and everything went really fast and smooth
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ive brought a 100+ char to help lvl up a cleric at PQ when i couldn't find party. Being a lvl 60-70 healer at PQ good luck getting any point at all outside a party, beside the fact tast mobs are hard you will get harassed for buffs heal, and revive every 20 sec.

My cleric even got pked by some ****** barb b/c i didn't wanna spend my time there as his heal slave (apparently clerics dont need medals to lvl they are only at location to heal without getting any credit according to him).

So you kinda need to bring a high lvl char if you wanna get any medals at all for certain lowbie classes and on a Pvp Server its kinda useful having a bodyguard as well. You can also bring a good cleric and have him heal you outside party. Depends what accounts you have really.

Sadly PQ is often very dead. So many bring a 90+ char to speed the quest line up. If its just 4-5 lower lvl players there it will take hours to finish one round, if someone brings a high lvl char it really speeds up the exp for everyone over time. Can do 4 quests instead of 2 during same amount of time, it really benefits everyone.

But its not that amazing points leeching on high lvl, you really only do it b/c there is no other way. You're being in party with someone thats outside the "PQ-System" and his kills only gives you half credit. You also dont get any exp at all for the mobs b/c of the difference in lvl.

For me at least i normally always got more points at PQ being in a really good 75+ party. having a clerics red bubble and than 3-4 ppl just wack away. Preferable someone brings a 90+ cleric out side party so you dont have to worry about health much and can just tab-attack.
  • GoldTiger - Dreamweaver
    GoldTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well as far k i know PQ (Public Quest) that u get at lv 60, and kill things on that island, only lv 60 till 80 can take quest =/, so stupid and noobish that act of bm xD
    PWI
    DW - Server
    GoldTiger - LV 100
    Faction: ReMiX
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I usually help lowbie guildies. It's not cheating, others can (and WILL) do that too.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1271082247728.jpg
    explians it all.. if they have a lvl 100 to bad just get someone lvl 101 to out dd them ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BM was in a carebear TW faction. Regardless, pking at PQ is bannable

Wohooo another non-SZ area is bannable if you pk? How thoughtful of them . I guess it's better to ban ppl then actually turn the areas where your banned if you pk into safe zones , eh ?

Why just not make pking bannable everywhere on the map ? Naturally I don't agree with the abusing that some players do pking lowbies repeatedly , not letting them lvl but I had a friend banned because he was reported for HELPING a low lvl friend that was getting ganked by other low-mid lvls , so yea sure he was higher so it was unfair , but so were the low-md lvls ganking on his low lvl friend . He only came to kill all of them once just to help his friend and guess what happened ? They all ticketed and he got banned , need I say more ?
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I am confused so is it wrong to be with friends who are higher level in this game than you to help or not.
    Plus all pq have two sides right so how can one person take all mob o.o
  • HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide
    HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Its not cheating, just an unfair advantage.
  • Jelliebeans - Lost City
    Jelliebeans - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i agree with the above post. ITS NOT CHEATING. AND WE DID NOT PK U! stop QQing everyone brings a high lvler with them. be4 u came there were like 5 lvl 90+ helping some people.
    you're supposed to get everything ya can. and there are enuf areas where u dont gotta ks!

its a good question you bring up tho

for a cleric like me...that PQ is too hard...especially at my lvl
    and it would take way too long if some highers didnt help :/
  • Jelliebeans - Lost City
    Jelliebeans - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So i was doing PQ today for the first time with my cleric friend and we were doing pretty well. Up until a lvl 100 bm came in and killed just about every single mob, putting her squad mate in first. Is this cheating? If a GM or mod could reply, thatd be great.

and no we did not take everything. there are other areas u can kill. so dont exaggerate the situation

as i can recall, u was in second/third place b:chuckle
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Make a full squad and set an aoe grind spot just like you do on RB.

Once we made a squad with 1 cleric healing and BB, 2 bm and 1 wiz aoe grinding, a veno and an assassin pulling the mobs to the spot and we beat all high lvl on the PQ.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Gonna report to Gm for what? Higher lvl char helping a lower level one lol...thats a new one.

If someone has invested time and money in this game for a long time, as in leveled a char to 90-100 you bet they should have in game benefits, as in being able to use their high lvl char helping lower lvl alts at PQ. Or using the high lvl char to solo their alts BHs + bosses in 10 minutes. Thats the reward for spending/wasting a lot of time in this videogame lol.

So lame to complain about it. Go get to 90+ yourself than you can lvl your own nub alts at PQ to. And dont say getting 90 is hard now. Those 90-100+ chars you see helping at PQ did for sure not have Hyper Stones, PQ and 3 BHs a day when they struggled to level up.

Its loads of mobs there anyway, not like you have to ks. Also for a lvl 60-70 cleric/wiz in average gear you cant really solo very well at PQ. At low 60 you pretty much get 2 shoot by the mobs unless you have a squad.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So you support high levels and PK in PQ? Where's the logic in that? The quest is designed for lvls 60-80.
    How about I come with a squad of five 9x assassins to help 1 6x assassin. We'll kill everything faster than you ever could. Should you try to start a constant aoe, we'll gank your high level healers or DDs with ease.
    Fair?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For a higher level in a level locked quest? Hell yes that's cheating.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So lame to complain about it. Go get to 90+ yourself than you can lvl your own nub alts at PQ to. And dont say getting 90 is hard now. Those 90-100+ chars you see helping at PQ did for sure not have Hyper Stones, PQ and 3 BHs a day when they struggled to level up.

Its loads of mobs there anyway, not like you have to ks. Also for a lvl 60-70 cleric/wiz in average gear you cant really solo very well at PQ. At low 60 you pretty much get 2 shoot by the mobs unless you have a squad.

I have a high level veno which i do, in fact, drag out to help me on quests on occasion. I swear I'm not being a carebear, but the entire point of PQ is that you really can't solo it, you HAVE to either duo or squad up with people, otherwise you won't be able to make it past the elite mobs.

And at SilentGodai/Jelliebeans (the two low levels squadded with the bm), it's not possible to compete with you two when your BM is aoeing 5-10 elite mobs at a time. Seeing as no 60-80 char can out-DD a 100x bm, yes it is cheating.

Honestly though, I did feel a bit better after one-shotting you SilentGodai. Twice b:chuckle
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    so what is PQ?
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I once saw an archer having Barrage up on those stage 2 mobs with high level cleric healing her. She won I think, and I was fourth because I AoE'd the same mobs as her. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    PK at PQ is not bannable.

Stop the freaking PK is bannable at xxx and xxx

Only place where PK is bannable is Secret passage, and only if you repeatedly killthe level 30's that are trying to quest there.

THE REST OF THE FREAKING MAP IS PK'ABLE! now shut it and go kill the level 100 BM with all the people in PQ.

People are to scared to do anything. We ganked the PK'ers in PQ and they died. easy as that