Weird Phoenix glitch?

ropihl
ropihl Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Venomancer
Well, I've had my Phoenix for a while now but I've come across a repeating problem.

Sometimes when I'm grinding, my Nix gets stuck in places randomly in the ground. This happens many times when it tries to attack something that has higher altitude, like it's up a hill. It gets trapped in the ground and can't reach or attack the enemy so they then come after me, especially bosses. This seems to happen a lot lately and was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem, or if there is a way to help reduce the probability of this happening more often. Maybe it's just because the Nix flies, and some programming thing makes it do this? I don't know.

Thank you!
Post edited by ropihl on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That's a problem with all flying pets, not just the phoenix. It sucks.
    You can try by jumping up and moving forward a bit, and then sending the pet in before you land. That usually works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Basically, pets always move in a straight line. Ground pets will still follow the terrain, but flying pets do not. If that straight line intersects with the terrain the pet will get stuck.

When I use my fly against ground monsters, I always stay airborne. That way, the straight line is far less likely to intersect with an obstacle, terrain or other.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • ropihl
    ropihl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thank you for the help and tips!
  • SeveredHeals - Heavens Tear
    SeveredHeals - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What I usually do is find a good spawn, fly up off the ground a bit, and put the pet on hold and auto.

Then the pet will keep going back up to that spot before I attack the next mob instead of staying too close to the ground.
  • Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've noticed this happening a LOT more the last week or so...
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hey at least yours doesn't get stuck in the air like mine..

Send it to attack someone and it stands there staring at them in mid air b:chuckle
  • Jutte - Dreamweaver
    Jutte - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Basically, pets always move in a straight line. Ground pets will still follow the terrain, but flying pets do not. If that straight line intersects with the terrain the pet will get stuck.

When I use my fly against ground monsters, I always stay airborne. That way, the straight line is far less likely to intersect with an obstacle, terrain or other.

I agree, and this is sound advice.
    The only problem with this is when you're airborne, your attack power is cut in half.
    A solution would be dismounting once your pet has aggro.

But if lose comes to lose and you've already got aggro, put your pet on halt -- then follow.
    Allow your pet to come to you, and while it still has aggro, run toward the monster. Your pet will have followed (still taking damage).
    Now, tell your pet to attack. Easy solution.

However, the problem continues when you're facing a pet that's prone to movement.
    Runners are horrible to fight with any pet. lol
    Therefore, I set my pet on the option that looks like a hand holding a leash (I don't remember its name atm), and from there go back and forth with the settings halt, follow, and attack. This is especially helpful in BH59, when mobs climb the walls.

Best of luck!
    Looking for better siggy! PM me for details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pet on manual.
    Hit 'follow me'
    Jump in the air, and move forwards/sideways a bit.
    Once the pet has a clear route to the mob, send it back on the attack.

It happens a lot, you get used to it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Send pet in.

If it gets stuck and doesn't get aggro, call it back and try again.

If it gets stuck and gets aggro, run on top of the mob. The mob will be attacking your pet so you're safe. Put your pet on follow so it's standing on top of the mob too. Then order it to attack.
  • Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I workaround this problem by luring for my pet. I send it in and if it gets stuck, I'll run forward, throw a spell, then run straight back so I'm behind the nix. As the mob runs towards me, the nix "catches" it and takes agro with FR.
    Works every time.
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]