capping vit or dex?

Options
bunnyxgirl
bunnyxgirl Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Blademaster
Hi, I'm a blademaster in a pve server and I'm trying to go aoe. I was wondering where i cap my dex or vit to if I'm suposed to? I'm doing a build of 3str/1 dex/ 1 str every lvl.
Post edited by bunnyxgirl on

Comments

• ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hmm. most people will recommend you to cap your vit at around 50 or 60 and get the rest of your hp through gears and refines. this is a good tip...
    but i myself did not follow it, i have currently got 142 vit (green- with equips) at level 73 and i regret putting so much in because i am intending to switch to axe/fist hybrid in a few levels time. so i will need 2 reset notes! :(
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yah I feel the same way.

Actually, I don't really regret putting so much into vit (120 at lv 88) because I've been able to PvE quite well and I'm difficult to kill in PvP as well.

I was a polearm and at lv 90 I plan on buying a reset note so I can use TT80 Gold fists. I'm already using TT80 Gold axes, with the help of my gear's strength bonuses.

So it depends. It's only recently that I wanna change my playing style, so it's now that I'm gonna buy the note. You may wanna use different styles early on, which means you may wanna go ahead and cap vit.

Reset notes for a non-cash shopper are expensive though. Just a warning. About 2-2.5 million on Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah i didnt regret it in terms of PvE ability...
    just now that i want to reset, so its harder for me to get my hands on a reset note :(

• Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary
    Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have pretty high vit (somewhere around 130 without bonuses, I think). I don't use citrines and don't have too much refining going on with my gear. It's awesome. Here's why:

1) At level 92 in a PvE server, you're not doing much soloing. I'm a DD, and I hit hard, but I don't steal aggro very often (unless I demon spark).

2) I can put other types of shards into my gear. I prefer sapphires or the oft-ignored elemental stones (depending on what color my gear is - it has to match :P) so I can survive a squad wipe caused by magic mobs. Plus, they're waaay cheaper.

I'm a pole/axe BM, but need a lot of +str gear to use my axes. I've got a lot of dex.

I like my build. I was just kinda wingin' it.

However, I'm terrible at dueling, though I think that's more because I don't know how to do it than anything else.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    when say going aoe mean a Axe BM basically do not cap your vit unless willing to use a ton of coin and gold for gems and refining to make up for it i got over 122 with my Vit gear and like 112 with DD gear to do gamma or FC and stuff you need good HP or yo WILL die with barb buff with vit gear i got around 6200 HP at level 76 that is with shards up the wazo

so do not cap Vit is my advice when get around 67 get your Vit up and str enough at least to use TT 70 axes then you good for awhile
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Meursault - Dreamweaver
    Meursault - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    when say going aoe mean a Axe BM basically do not cap your vit unless willing to use a ton of coin and gold for gems and refining to make up for it i got over 122 with my Vit gear and like 112 with DD gear to do gamma or FC and stuff you need good HP or yo WILL die with barb buff with vit gear i got around 6200 HP at level 76 that is with shards up the wazo

so do not cap Vit is my advice when get around 67 get your Vit up and str enough at least to use TT 70 axes then you good for awhile

It's a really bad idea to have same DPS as a barb just for ~1k hp.
    There's not a single thing a vit axe bm from the dark ages of lyndura's guide can do and a low vit axe/fist bm can't.

PvE is ridiculously easy, you can do delta and fc with 5 base vit. And good luck killing anyone with decent gear without any 1vs1 weapon. HP will also really help you when you're gonna DD in Nirvana and TT because axes can't even hold aggro from clerics vs single targets.
  • Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary
    Zhangjunyi - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow, so I totally lied. I'm 130 with over 70 vit points added by gear. LOL
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Meursault cheers for that! helps a ton!

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Don't cap your vit. Dex can be capped at
    There's not a single thing a vit axe bm from the dark ages of lyndura's guide can do and a low vit axe/fist bm can't.

Gather all the mobs at the entrance of 3rd map and solo AoE grind without a charm. If you don't have 7k+ hp, chances are you'll probably die. Of course you can grab less mobs, but if you pull what 45-50 at a time, you'll need the HP. That and maybe tank a few bosses in 3-2/3-3 are the only things I can really think of.

As long as you have mostly 9x gear, it's decently refined +3-+5 and sharded well, you should be fine.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My base vit is 36 i use axes/fists. I have never had a problem AoE grinding....ever....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hmm nice to know advance, i might follow a build similar to yours, but would i notice a big drop in hp if i was asked to tank something?
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hmm nice to know advance, i might follow a build similar to yours, but would i notice a big drop in hp if i was asked to tank something?

I suppose whenever the boss hits you... 0.o b:chuckle

A good cleric will suffice in most situations.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]