"Noob cause dont have a Herc"

Comments

• Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
    Michiyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    It will tank good, but no where near as good as Herc.

Herc will out-DPS the magmite, while having 1k+ more HP and tons more m.def and more p.def. Herc also runs faster - as she is a demon veno I can imagine how annoying it must be to sometimes drag a 6m/s rock around.

Herc is also cheaper to get than all those skills, unless of course you hunt them are are very lucky.

:o..woah
    maybe she just had extra cash and just wanted to have fun =D
    b:cute
    i do like her pet though ^^
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Herc was made to be better than all other tank pets, that's why he costs more than a normal tank pet you could just tame, because THEY made him be the best tank.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
    edited May 2010
    Your welcome :)

That's why the Glacial exist :P

is glacial better then golem ? :o b:shocked
    i just got mine cause it had shiny blue stuff
    edited May 2010
    Herc was made to be better than all other tank pets, that's why he costs more than a normal tank pet you could just tame, because THEY made him be the best tank.

i wonder if their's gonna be even more legendary pets xD
    possible a ...uh..no creativity atm =/
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your welcome :)

That's why the Glacial exist :P

From what I recall a glacial has slightly better stats than magmite - nothing to write home about. It certianly won't match a herc, even when "herc buffed".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    theres the turtle, they didn't show that 1 yet
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah:
    Best tank (Free): Glacial Walker
    Best flying pet (Free): Swafly (lvl 8 pet)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
    edited May 2010
    ah xD now everything make sense. ^^ tyvm

& a turtle ?! :o..
    where xD
    edited May 2010
    I know hes better, yet i prefer my magmite and shadou cub :)
    edited May 2010
    ah xD now everything make sense. ^^ tyvm

& a turtle ?! :o..
    where xD

I heard theres a legendary water pet (turtle)
    edited May 2010
    I know hes better, yet i prefer my magmite and shadou cub :)

=]
    i wish i could tame a turtle & use it as a pet b:sad
    edited May 2010
    you can, cant you? o.o
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited May 2010

You mean Baby Turtle?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010

:O aww a water pet
    maybe their will be bosses in the water :D
    edited May 2010
    you can, cant you? o.o

i wish Dx
    i dont wanna tame a fishie, i wanna tame a turtle & name him Franklin b:victory
    edited May 2010
    You mean Baby Turtle?

i think she means a tameable veno battle pet, and not a all class pet
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    hmm, werll I dont have any information for that. The lower turtle is lvl 5.

Abysmal Turtle >Celestial Plumpfish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    turtles near archo? lol...
    edited May 2010
    legendary turtle you get like nix and herc, and tameable turtles around archo/ether or w/e
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There's starter turtles in the river SE of Lost too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There's no such thing as a legendary water pet. Only Legs are Herc and Phx.
    Get your facts straight before you mislead newbies please, or GTFO the forums.
  • RawDawg - Heavens Tear
    RawDawg - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just bear in mind that a huge majority of the game is populated by vain and pompous people who think that wealth > actual skill. The truth is, annoying as it may be, those people are doing you a favor by not letting you in their squads. Are hercs useful? Yes. However, I've found that they are mostly used for weak players (venos and other classes) to hide behind.

Why not apply this sort of elitism to its logical conclusion? From now on, nobody gets into a squad if any piece of their gear is below +12. They obviously fail, right?
  • FranChan - Harshlands
    FranChan - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    And I met herced veno's that I never want to squad with again.

This, sooo much. I've met sooo many Herc Venos in BHs that i couldn't stand and never wanted to do bhs with again. b:lipcurl

On the other hand, I've met Venos with Glacials, Magmites, etc that I absolutely adore and are way better than the venos with hercs.

Having a herc doesn't make you any better than having any other tank pets.

EDIT: Weird, my avatar says i'm a level 47 veno when i'm really a 73 BM. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually a 9x BM, dunno why it keeps saying I'm a veno. That was long ago...b:scorn
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Be happy with your pet the GW is a very valuable pet ^^

Also notice that there are OMG things that a normal pet can do and a Herc can't(Surprised :O?)
    Herc have 3/4 skill slots filled with his Tank Skills,yes,the Herc alone isn't that big deal,it have a little more P.Def,a lot more M.Def,a lot more Hp too than a GW,but isn't that big difference.The real Herc power is in his skills that boost his Def/Atck to 150% and but because of this 3/4 skill slots are occupied by those.
    So basically a Herc *is* the best Tanker Pet but not the best agro-holding pet,in fact,a pet with 3x lv.5 attack skills + Roar(Agro reset skill),can keep better agro than a Herc,off course this count only on things that the GW can Tank^^.

Let's think this:
    Barb tanking a boss,Cleric healing,archer/wiz DDs,suddently the barb get Disconnected(Or Cleric lag and Barb dies),the boss switch to the archer/wiz,an herc now can't do much here unless he have the roar skill which is not advisable,my GW can get immediately agro with taunt,getting killed(Poor thing xD),then boss switch at me BUT since im a freaking Veno I have secondary equipment with + movement speed + summer sprint so I can run quite fast(And still I don't have the sleeves of sea captain:+0,2 meters and lv.3 Summer Spirit),I ran like a mad all around the BH while the barb get on again or Cleric well whatever,then....uhm I guess I die ^^ but at least not squad wipe xD

A real fact now:
    On my last bh59 my GW tanked 3 mobs(Yah someone pulled"Too many"xD),saving Barb's back(Cleric was left like 100 meters behind b:surrender),so well SORRY if I don't have a Herc but my lovely GW rocks b:laugh
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You see many people of different classes complain about not being able to get squads.

I think people forget this is a game to be played for enjoyment.
    Yeah. I tend to be a min-maxer too, but I just shift my min-max mindset from "What's the best I could do in this game?" to "What's the best I could do with this group?" I've had more fun pulling off some crazy stuff in the game with totally broken groups, than I've had with ideal groups and builds.
    axt57 wrote: »
    It will tank good, but no where near as good as Herc.

Herc will out-DPS the magmite, while having 1k+ more HP and tons more m.def and more p.def. Herc also runs faster - as she is a demon veno I can imagine how annoying it must be to sometimes drag a 6m/s rock around.
    Look at the rest of the screenshot. 2 phoenixes and flesh ream on the magmite. Obviously a PvP build. A magmite w/ flesh ream will far, far outdamage a herc in PvP.

On the other hand, I've met Venos with Glacials, Magmites, etc that I absolutely adore and are way better than the venos with hercs.
    Yeah, I met one who was good enough I figured she deserved a herc. So I bought her one. b:chuckle
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A wise Veno once told me that nothing tanks better than a well leveled Sharptooth. I have to admit that, watching her and her "noob tank" in action....she's right. So what, a Glacial and a Herc (or a Nix) is considered "better"? If you wanna tank with something stupid like a....a....a Vipion or something, go do it! What matters is if the pet can...

A: Hold/Keep Aggro

B: Deal efficient Damage

C: Take damage well in time for a Venomancer's heal.

Dude, it's your character, and if you're tanking, it probably means that you don't have a barb in squad. If they don't like the way YOUR pet is tanking, they can tank whatever boss it is their damn self.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Another point of view (from a DD's side)

Barb & Cleric: Let the herc tank
    Veno with Herc: *sends herc in to tank*
    Barb: *Goes human form and DD's*
    Cleric: *DDs to some extent while healing the barb whos using Cala Axes*
    Archer/Wizard/Assassin/Psychic: *Sits around discussing equips, stats, strategies, love life, etc*

Point here is, if you let a herc tank anything less than a [?] boss, DDs cant do much really. And even in TT I was able to steal aggro off of a herc. And I havent really got awesome equips with high refines or stacked interval gear and the likes.

So heck yea, if you ask me, I would really love it if a barb tanks as opposed to a veno/pet so that I/DD's can go all out and the boss is killed much faster saving precious time for everyone.

In the absolute worst case scenario (when a barb and cleric arent available), I would accept to a herc/veno's pet tanking a non-[?] boss and reduce my damage dealing by 90% (2 normal shots every 5 seconds. Used to be 3 every 3 seconds but lately even this stopped working :()

So whether you get a herc or not makes no difference to me. As long as you can lure, debuff the boss, manage the adds (if any appear), send sparks to the barb, DD as much as u can along with your pet, am fine with it.

I do not question the methods, just the results.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    can keep better agro than a Herc,off course this count only on things that the GW can Tank^^.

That's EXACTLY the point. If you can't tank something then the pet is useless --- it doesn't matter whether you can "hold aggro". Holding agrro is secondary at best --- it can always be replaced with fewer attacks. Even in a party. Tanking cannot be replaced, except with another tank.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Unless you solo/duo a BH that a Veno CAN tank (not like Pole in 69, for example), does it even matter?
    Normal squads do have a tank and healer. I wouldn't waste my ressources on tanking in this case anyways. Would be more useful if I pulled out my DW and did all the other "veno stuff".
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    "What?! You've just started the game recently and you haven't poured $200 into a virtual pet? Rofl, you suck, gfto!"

Um....yeah. It's things like this that make the game, a F2P I might add, a complete joke. 200$ would buy you a full gaming console, or a stack of console games.

Not to add the painful basics that a barb is nearly always the better tank. In most cases a BM can tank. And in certain cases like fb59, the venomancer can tank....without even using a pet.
This discussion has been closed.