Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thread title changed so that it can stay open
  • Zirrilla - Heavens Tear
    Zirrilla - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When they started selling the packs...that's when the price on everything shot up(gold, catshop items). Now add in the DQ mat price drop...is making the situation even worse.
    BeccaD-7x venomancer~inactiveb:surrender
    Zirrilla-6x psychic~semiactiveb:cute
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Good choice! :)
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The game itself isn't ruined, by that I mean the main idea of fighting monsters and questing. It has one of the best storylines I've seen in MMOs.

Everything else tho, the economy, the community and most stuff related to cash shop...

It all started when the packs came so I'd have to say that those are my least favourite addition, next are the tideborn race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Good choice of words for the thread title, but the Poll Title is still the same b:chuckle.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Good choice of words for the thread title, but the Poll Title is still the same b:chuckle.

Good point; changed for consistency
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    oraclers and hypers

-cause not only do you get a noob with pack gear, but you get a HIGH lvl noob with pack gear. If it were only packs they would have to grind it anyway to wear those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    peoples mindsets ruin the game for themselves.

If you never logged onto forums. Never checked read the updates...and just played...you wouldn't notice much change.

The fact is that PW is still a great game. It's just not the same game it was a year ago. Which should be expected.

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

The negative attitudes in the forums generally isn't shared by most of the ingame players i've encountered.
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wholeheartedly agree with this.

The negative attitudes in the forums generally isn't shared by most of the ingame players i've encountered.

Excellent point! I notice a huge difference between the attitudes of people I meet in the game (mostly positive) and the attitudes of those in the forums (mostly negative).

If I were to read the descriptions and the complaints in the forums before ever playing PWI, I would believe the following:

-- People are leaving in droves - yet, even with a high powered computer and graphics card, I lag in many places because of all the droves of other players. ...And there have been new servers added (dying games usually merge servers not add). I can point you to a game or two that people are leaving in droves - some are getting trampled "underfoot" right now.

Most people's "evidence" of this is purely anecdotal. Somehow the logic of, "I know of 3 people on my server who have raged quit this week" equates to "PWI is losing thousands of players". It's the same logic that sees 3 "Joe Schmo" for president signs in his neighborhood and concludes that Joe Schmo is a shoe in for the election.

-- Nobody uses Oracles (except behind closed doors) - Yet the game teems with Oracle/Token (yes I know they can be used for other things) cat stands and auction items. There is usually a waiting line at spider, wicked pirate, and wolfkin every time I fly by :)

- BHs are ruining the game - yet, if you turn on wc and cc the screen fills with requests and openings for BH and the raised platform around the BH NPC is SRO. Public in game opinon conflicts with the forum public opinion on this one.

- Cash shoppers are evil and ruining the game - yet, in a pure economic sense, freeloaders and leeches hurt the game more. However, I am talking from a PvE perspective -- there are valid points against cash shop in a PvP environment.

-- Using charms is cheating -- Can't recall if charms show in player info scan, but if they do scan anybody over level 60 and see how many "cheaters" there are.
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    personally u cant really choose oracles, oracles were an original part of the game, i think hyper and packs ruined it. hyper lets people lvl up in FF or just anything else really alot quicker than they should be allowed (not to mention hyper STACKS with training scrolls, x12 hyper + training scrolls = x14 exp gain OP much?) packs just shot up gold price which is really unfair imo. i remember when gold was 99k! now on HT its like over 400k last i checked, it was over 500k at one point. but ruined? not really. i still get by, i do stuff the old fashioned way thats all. CS, Grind, Quest, WQ, and not that its the old fashioned way but BH. but the games not ruined, but i do agree hercs+nixes do hurt the game espcically for veno quite a bit. but i think its getting better, slowly
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Nalamwen - Raging Tide
    Nalamwen - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Anything that allows people to buy levels.

Things that allow people to have end game gear with a few mouse clicks.

The game is still playable. But for anyone like me a lot less enjoyable w/o cashing in.

/Thread
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Where's the "Cash Crutcher" option?! Q,Q

Amen Nalam.....amen.