Meredaviella - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
haha well I dunno where to put this but anyway can I solo torga? I am lvl 84 EP
Post edited by Meredaviella - Harshlands on

Comments

• Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    According to the database, Torga is a whimp. Doesn't even look like a boss --- I would be able to solo him now, as he's listed with 900 damage top.

I have no idea whether YOU can solo him. Check the database for whatever monster you consider dangerous but manageable, and compare damage.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Meredaviella - Harshlands
    Meredaviella - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yeah.. well I tried :P he hits me like 1000 and has debuff :/ I die pretty soon.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Gosh. I've solo'd him a few times round level 80 just because he happened to get in the way.

But then, you say you're an EP? And there aint any such thing. So maybe that's the problem.
  • BlazingSky - Dreamweaver
    BlazingSky - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    EP = Elf Priest = Elf Cleric

It's old PW-Malaysia terminology. This suggests that the OP is not a newbie. However, why would an experienced player have trouble with a character? What I find interresting is that both people who replied are foxes. Typically, it's easier for foxes to fight bosses than other magic classes. My Wizard can't do the same things as my Veno while at the same level.

Perfect World: The only place where farmers can get rich.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    doubt u can solo it , it was hard when i did it as venomancer
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, ok, so I'm a smug little foxy :)

I'm surprised a cleric can't solo him though - yes, he hits relatively hard. But 1k damage isn't enough to 1-shot you, it'll be about half of your hitpoints, so you can heal it.

You clerics are even better at soloing bosses than we are. (In that you can do bigger ones earlier, though any boss takes you longer)
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You'd be better off getting a melee class to tank it for you while you DD & heal. Should go rather quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    doubt u can solo it , it was hard when i did it as venomancer

Interesting. The database suggests otherwise; 1K damage tops is nothing even at my lvl 71, although I don't know how level difference affects damage. But that will only get better for me as I get closer to the quest.

Now, the cleric was talking about a "debuff" --- so let it be 2K damage, which is still manageable (the next bosses I need to do are all low-3K, IIRC). Too bad the database doesn't mention such minor details, though :-(

Well, I guess I'll find out firsthand if I ever get that far (and assuming that quest isn't blocked by any quests involving real bosses). 'Cause with the stats given in the database, I would just accept and fly there to finish him off with no further thinking. Maybe I'll be in for a surprise death, maybe not.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok heres the thing with Torga,

1.) His attacks are earth based...so cant use genies to negate it unless youre a wizard
    2.) His so called "debuff" makes you take 2x~3x damage which is really painful. I got hit for over 2k despite having 3k unbuffed earth resistance when debuffed.
    3.) His attack speed/cast speed is relatively faster compared to others. Its almost like fighting those towers
    4.) He can be slowed, stunned, sealed, frozen in place, knocked back

Although I had to get a cleric to support me when I took him out (only because the cleric also wanted it), preventing him from attacking would be the best bet against him.