GM Response: DQ Mats price change

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i certainly hope that whatever schemes you all have will adequately compensate us who depend heavily on DQ drops for money ingame. otherwise, i imagine many players will have to leave, because they wont be able to afford to buy things on the AH or catshops that they need.

when is this to be implemented? both the DQ nerf and the new compensation? (i havent been ingame for some weeks, due to PC problems.

In response to this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=715932

Hey everyone,

So we talked with the devs, and the final word is that the DQ mat change is still scheduled to happen.

However:

After letting them know exactly how unpopular this change was going to be, they agreed to work with us to compensate you guys in some way, most likely by adding something to our specific version of the game to help counteract that blow.

While I can't get into details about exactly what will be added, I can assure you that we are currently discussing it, and we will let you know as soon as something concrete surfaces.

Thank you all for your patience, as well as your willingness to give good feedback on these forums :)

Additional response from later in the thread:

The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game. It's a drastic measure, but one that was deemed necessary on their end.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version, and we believe that it's unfair to you guys to have to deal with this change. It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • MALSUMIS - Lost City
    MALSUMIS - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game. It's a drastic measure, but one that was deemed necessary on their end.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version, and we believe that it's unfair to you guys to have to deal with this change. It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.

Ok maybe I am over simplifying this but IF the DEVs are going to give this version a special fix for this, meaning a code added to our version, would it not be possible for that change to be the old DQ prices?

If they are going to give us a added line of code just for us why couldn't they give us that?

Again I might be making it to simple but this makes sense to me. It would also stop the QQ, theoretically, about the 20% price drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok maybe I am over simplifying this but IF the DEVs are going to give this version a special fix for this, meaning a code added to our version, would it not be possible for that change to be the old DQ prices?

If they are going to give us a added line of code just for us why couldn't they give us that?

Again I might be making it to simple but this makes sense to me. It would also stop the QQ, theoretically, about the 20% price drop.

Take your common sense and your smart logic and get off this game!

We do not speak of such sanity nor sense here!

Joke, people. Joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Again I might be making it to simple but this makes sense to me.

*feels stupid for not thinking of that in the first place*b:surrender

Of course, knowing how Murphy likes to play his cards, it's not that simple. Would be nice if it was though....
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Nothing good will come of this.....
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Nothing good will come of this.....

One must be more specific when talking about sht hitting the fan. For I do not know what sht you are referring to, the price drop, the potential "compensation", or the opinions on the previous two topics.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]

• Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    One must be more specific when talking about sht hitting the fan. For I do not know what sht you are referring to, the price drop, the potential "compensation", or the opinions on the previous two topics.

I'm going to say all of the above.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    how are yah'll gonna compinsate anyways.. i dont see how your gonna make up for the billions i will make on DQ alone in the next couple years. can i just have a billion coins now and i promise i will get started on farming later?
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'll take a Blazing Phoenix and call it even. b:mischievous
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.

(I have doubts any GMs is reading this thread but...)

Why trying to go the complicated way and find a compensation while the easiest way would be to simply not implement the 20% reduction in the first place?

And please don't tell us you cannot do it, it was done for the horns earlier....Which was porbably harder to implement than a simple price change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Why trying to go the complicated way and find a compensation while the easiest way would be to simply not implement the 20% reduction in the first place?

And please don't tell us you cannot do it, it was done for the horns earlier....Which was porbably harder to implement than a simple price change.

Because the so called counter measure is most likely another 2x event which will last for maybe 2-3 weeks while the DQ price reduction will be permanent.
    In other words, they will still want to decrease DQ prices in the long run (for whatever reason they claim). 2x event to keep the player base 'happy'. By then there would be less lowbies who will be QQing about how hard it is to get coins. New players joining in wouldnt even know that DQ prices had been decreased.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    perma 2x drops plzkthnxbai b:thanks

thats about the best compensation i can think of... thanks frankie for puttin the effourt in anyways :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cholla - Harshlands
    Cholla - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    perma 2x drops plzkthnxbai b:thanks

thats about the best compensation i can think of... thanks frankie for puttin the effourt in anyways :)

Actually, a permanent 25% increase in all drop rates might be perfect? (1.25 * 0.8 = 1).

Of course this would also give us drops other than DQ, but with some of the other changes (like the reduced number of celestones from dropped three star gear and increased price per celestone and how fast people can level now, getting them into need for high level gear and skills), that would probably be a good thing.

And some quests (*cough* Annal II) might actually become slightly possible with an increased drop rate...
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have to say that the compensation would have to be quite big to make up for the decreased DQ item prices, as those are the only things I get most of my money from in here.

I like the idea of 1.25x drop rate, also maybe the coin drops could be bigger, as right now I get 56 or 560 coins from a mob I kill, it could be around 1000 every time.

Or lower the maximum gold price in AH, a lot.

Those were just my opinions, probably nothing useful will happen anyway, but I still keep my hopes up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I imagine that those are 2 different things in terms of scope for the GMs of PWI.

Regarding Perfect Horns, they didn't disable them, mearly removed them from the Boutique. People who have them can still use them.

A potential 20% reduction in DQ values across the board or however they are implemented might not be so easy to remedy by a GM of PWI.

Happy to be corrected if you know differently.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    2x XP and drops always triggers more hyper stone sales which = $$$
    So I would be shocked if our "I'm sorry" were anything other than that; or yet another new version of the anni pack
    Sorry so cynical, but I've been in this game a while. I know how things work.
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lots of **** kissers up in hurrr
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only thing I see as what PWI will do to make up for the 20% drop....Is giving almost 24/7 2x drop and probably exp and spirit also (Though....Out of those two, i'd prefer the spirit since lately it's a b**** to gather it w/o spamming hypers, oracles, or something else in the cash shop >.>)

But if they did do something that made the whole of PWI SHOCKED I would be astonished at the fact they actually gave a damn about what we said on this thread.
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    If they did something that made the whole of PWE happy, it would have to be declared a national holiday.

• Mitties - Dreamweaver
    Mitties - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If they did something that made the whole of PWE happy, it would have to be declared a national holiday.

Frankly, that's never going to happen. Not because PWI doesn't care, but because even if they do implement what needs to be implemented, somebody's still gonna whine about it.
    [Insert pithy quote here.]
  • viktorbg
    viktorbg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

The DQ price change was originally made because of rampant gold-farming in the Chinese version of the game.

However, our version of the game does not suffer from the same problem as the Chinese version.

Are you sure about that? Check this link ( those guys killed already one version of PW )
    *Link Removed*
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    viktorbg wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? Check this link ( those guys killed already one version of PW ) *Link Removed*

Yes, there are more then a few sites that are selling gold. A simple Google search would reveal that. However the key thing is:
    ...from the same problem as the Chinese version.

There is a major difference in the very minor farming here then in the CN version of the game (and others).

Besides....those sites are such a rip-off!!! LOL to anyone who would even think about it for one sec...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • viktorbg
    viktorbg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yep few sites and all of 'em are using same way to gain this gold Bots>DQs>Gold. Or someone sell 'em TW coins? :D
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yep few sites and all of 'em are using same way to gain this gold Bots>DQs>Gold. Or someone sell 'em TW coins? :D

The point is, that you will find this type of thing in all games. However, the CN version, along with other games, just has a problem on a much, much larger scale. So much so that the government got involved.

There is not a huge issue in this version of PW. Granted there will always be bots, but you have to admit that there is very, very few of them in comparison to other games.

If people were smart they would realize they can make that money (and more of it) in better ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited May 2010
    Are you sure about that? Check this link ( those guys killed already one version of PW )

I'm pretty sure PWI don't worry too much about Offgamer. It's cheaper to buy zen legally and sell them through the Auction House ingame.

$14.00 for 2 millions coins. Invest those $14 in legal zen and even if you sell them at 300k each, you end up with over 4 millions coins b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm pretty sure PWI don't worry too much about Offgamer. It's cheaper to buy zen legally and sell them through the Auction House ingame.

$14.00 for 2 millions coins. Invest those $14 in legal zen and even if you sell them at 300k each, you end up with over 4 millions coins b:laugh

Lol so true :P
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited May 2010
    It is for this reason that we are actively pushing for something to be done in our version to counteract this DQ price change.

You'll notice that Frankie did not said they will do something... He said they are trying to have something done...

So, the price drop will happens and nothing could be done to compensate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    People told me it was useless to answer that poll, to try and ask for a change.

Well, as happened for horns, we were heard and our opinion is taken into account. b:pleased

Thank you.

As to what exactly will happen if anything, heh, at least we tried.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    maybe we'll get another daily!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Shezmu - Lost City
    Shezmu - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The only compensation that I want is an honest reason why they are doing it.

It's a situation I honestly think we can adjust to - I just want to hear the devs openly and honestly admit that they are implementing for a specific reason.

Not that I think they'd be willing to be honest about it or anything . . . I'd just love to hear "Sorry guys - people in another version are hacking and we're too lazy to stop it there, so you're all screwed."

I can answer the devs aren't really devs but only implement slaves to the chinese devs(wonder if they even know how to write real code not some html/php *****) and if the could they maybe are prohibited from doing so by the original creaters "The Chinese", still it's hardly an excuse if they are going to call it a localised game!

conclusion they still should not implement it as no extensive botting(gold farming by companies) is happening on this server yet
This discussion has been closed.