race and class crossovers (ideas)

Silron - Harshlands
Silron - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Just thinking wouldnt it be cool to have 3 classes to each race covering each class of the armours also maybe patching up some other little missing links XD

TIDEBORN
so far tide borns have sins (light armour) and phys (arcane armour) how about a class for heavy....

Tideborn Trident ( male versoin pet master possible heavy armour)

modeled to fit all the veno skilling but use tideborn arogears

and to top off this king of the oceans lets give him a pet that stands up to the herc and nix..

The Crakin b:scorn

see all the loop holes this covers
1. a heavy armour wearing tideborn
2. a male version only pet master XD(guys dont have to be girls anymore)
3. a tough @ss water pet, being herc is ground an nix is air XD

WINGED ELF

Winged elf Archangel

winged elfs have archers (light armour) and clerics (arcane )

heres a winged elf clad in heavy armour with all the BM skills and gear, but winged elf areogear

possible extra ..maybe some kick @ss legendary heavy as hell angelic armour XD
oo and a sword of gods wraith or somthing b:angry

HUMAN

Human asssain

humans have there BM (heavy gear) and Wizards (arcane)

tideborn assain using current sin skills ,weapon an light armour ,but with human aero gear

for a speacail ..how about the basic attire of the assain is based on the clock being being worn...this would take some extra design ,

IE when adorned in the current availble hermits cloak the human assain takes on a certain look .

(isnt just wht we need ...more sins out there b:chuckle)

they got there kick **** barbies (heavy gear) and venos (range of all gear pending on builds) so lets go light

The untamed archer uses the skills and gears as the winged elf archer..as for aero gear well ...why not Eagle form for the male and dove form for the female

when in human like form males have eagle like apperance an females dove like (was thinking peacock ..but um yea naaaa lol)

anyways thats it thought i throw this out there thx for any fedback or ideas to follow up with XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Silron - Harshlands on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ew, elf with BM skills. No thanks.

I'd rather go archer, level up, and then spend just as much money as some of the cash shopping BMs to get awesome fists.

I appreciate your creativity but... trying to cross over classes by just saying "It's an elf, but it's a BM"? Chyeah. Not actually that creative. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silron - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    PWnewclass-1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It would be awesome to be able to turn into a dove, or be a archer with the tail and what not. b:cry
  • Silron - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Ew, elf with BM skills. No thanks.

I'd rather go archer, level up, and then spend just as much money as some of the cash shopping BMs to get awesome fists.

I appreciate your creativity but... trying to cross over classes by just saying "It's an elf, but it's a BM"? Chyeah. Not actually that creative. b:bye

but in using fists u lose skills..

sides be fun to carry around a bow,then when some sin thinks he can pawn u ..pull out the blades an kick his stealthy ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    but in using fists u lose skills..

sides be fun to carry around a bow,then when some sin thinks he can pawn u ..pull out the blades an kick his stealthy ****

No it wouldn't, because why should I pretend to be an archer and then turn out to be a BM, when I could just have an archer character, and kick his stealthy **** as an archer?

These crossovers you made suck because it's basically a class dressed up as another race. There's no ingenuity there, nothing special. If I want to play a BM... I'll go play a BM, thank you very much.

What would have been more creative is if you had come up with some form of HA TB/elf or LA human/untamed with their own skills and basic ideas and roles. That would have been a far more entertaining read, to start with, and would also prove to have a lot more "variety" than just "Hey look, it's a BM with elf wings."

-edit-

For the record, fist archers don't need archer skills depending on what they're fighting. The only skill they need? It's called demon spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Aiaiai .. stop all talking about kicking stealthy asses *ouch*.
    Out of all ur ideas I do infact like the Male veno TB,
    although I know for a fact devs will never bother to implement a 3rd class to any race,
    much less a half finished one such as TB.

Edit: Also I'll mention that your cross over ideas sadly has a fatal mistake,
    In which u miss the fact that the reason Light users do high rapid dmg but no survive capability , Arcane users nuke but can't take a hit, Heavy users do decent dmg and can last a while .. that all equals balance to a sort.
    So giving one class another's advantages kills that balance, and makes for lots trouble uncalled for as is in current classes.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The Crakin b:scorn

possible extra ..maybe some kick @ss legendary heavy as hell angelic armour XD
    oo and a sword of gods wraith or somthing b:angry

asssain

Reading this made me cringe...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silron - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Edit: Also I'll mention that your cross over ideas sadly has a fatal mistake,
    In which u miss the fact that the reason Light users do high rapid dmg but no survive capability , Arcane users nuke but can't take a hit, Heavy users do decent dmg and can last a while .. that all equals balance to a sort.
    So giving one class another's advantages kills that balance, and makes for lots trouble uncalled for as is in current classes.[/QUOTE]

actaully its for that reason i didnt get overly creative ..making whole new class/race

these concepts run on the existing formats and wouldnt upset the balance.

just more optoins XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    wtf are there 2 posts like this...........?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=703832
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i think elf archers should turn into unicorns and throw lollipops instead of arrows b:dirty
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i think elf archers should turn into unicorns and throw lollipops instead of arrows b:dirty

haha xD u made my day. (at 8 in the morning already o.o )

please no cash shop waterpet >_>
    1. It's hard enough already getting one pet of cs atm
    2. there isn't enough under-water content anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I present to you...........the Kraken!!!!!

fathead-fish.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This post fails because....

I WANT TO BE A ROBOT.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Reading this made me cringe...

ditto sir, ditto..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010

fathead-fish.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s&feature=related
    it's even more ugly then the herc o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010

fathead-fish.jpg

resembles the plumpfish almost o.o just with a waaaaay bigger nose
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You either ripped off the other thread on this topic or both of you have reallyyy similar ideas...

Either way, it should be in suggestions and chances are they will come out with another race + two classes per that race before they add more classes to existing races.
    edited April 2010

fathead-fish.jpg

What do you need to trade to get those, Sources of Snot? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silron - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    You either ripped off the other thread on this topic or both of you have reallyyy similar ideas...

Either way, it should be in suggestions and chances are they will come out with another race + two classes per that race before they add more classes to existing races.

simliar ideas ...I just started to read that other post..

thing is i just threw this out for a little fun but kept it within reason..i mean this could almost be done being that most of it is just using existing formats..adding little extra to each class.

an an an ,,,I added pictures XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    an an an ,,,I added pictures XD

Google'd**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robzombie20
    robzombie20 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I don't know if this has been considered before but maybe a big broadsword like this would be a good addition to the BM weaponry as they do use heavy weapons and this would look cool if it was put on the back of the BMs back

Berserk.jpg

this is just a example, the character here is Guts or Gatts off Berserk
  • Fenora - Sanctuary
    Fenora - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    summoner or dark knight b:victory
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    they had already hard time balancing old 6 class now they have to blanace 8 class so it a big no until balance is perfect ;)
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Honestly what I got from your post is: it will be like this class, only with this aeogear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Someone's played FFXI. Lets just throw in a Dragoon & Blue Mage (back on topic, a close ranged magic weilder might be an interesting addition)
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Now to convert your idea to functional and logical along the lines of what the game's lacking rather than just cloning classes into other races:

Tideborn:

Ok, you were close here, but lets go with Dragoon instead of Trident to actually fit the common perspective of MMO classes. Spear wielding, jumps in and out of battle with ease, range increasing passive skill. Greater % on polearm mastery equivalent than bm to accommodate the attack speed and weapon limitation. Party buff lower probability equivalents of assassins self evasion buffs.

Winged Elf:

Paladin... what's that a tank with a sword? Basically heavily self buff dependant for damage boosters and regeneration. Minor aoe heal ability for other nearby melee classes, strong self heal, and multiple forms of metal based self-only buffs. More hp/level, vit than bm, less than barb, greater % on sword mastery than bm, or passive "holy" (full elemental spectrum damage additive to attacks). Second mdef party buff and matk party buff.

Human LA:

Eh, I'm kinda brainfarting for this one, since most of what I'm thinking would make more sense as an arcane class, but lets go with Inventor, crafts gadgets that each have a survivability of their own, and act basically by remote. Very material farming dependant, defense level drops x% per additional gadget. Gadgets get recalled for repairs and cannot be "healed" like veno pets. Weakness: preparation time Strength: if sufficient preparation time utilized, could have large numbers of gadgets set to different automated tasks. Healing, damaging targets in the air, damaging targets on the ground, interrupting, stunning, bleeding, etc.

Actually, I like this one, I might re-roll again.

Untamed:

Brawler... Claw user, but designed for light gearing, how? passive skill that converts x% of dexterity points to strength when using claws. Earth based party damage buffs and increased attack speed party buff.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Summoner class would be awesome. That's always my favorite class in any game, I guess venos are the closest thing.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think after you hit certain level (100?) you should be allow to have a secondary class on your toon. but you would have to level that one from level 1 and have your current skills as secondary wen you play that class.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    -edit-

For the record, fist archers don't need archer skills depending on what they're fighting. The only skill they need? It's called demon spark.

*Laughs and roars*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • robzombie20
    robzombie20 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Just pm me how to start my own thread, i'm kinda new to this whole forum thing here