to all high level venomancers (60+)

13»

Comments

• FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    damn i dont knew those spawn time or ill go to kowling and wait to pk it muahahaha cos some veno will we there 4 sure and sure the veno would pk me afterwards but IT will we worth it iff i CANT have it non WILL

ill have my rofi day lol just wait till i am lv100 ill we on spawn 4 life
    hopefully then GM will make spawn time 100% respawn or o rare pets will SELL lol at leat that is how pvp server isb:laugh

"muahahaha"? what are you, a kiddy? i'm pretty sure you wouldn't have fun trying to interrupt a bunch of 90+ venos as a lv 78 lowbie.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    rare pets=fail.
    Magmite, sawfly and a ranged pet is all you need.
    Magmite = fail.
    Actually, I think, you're a fail too.
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Magmite = fail.
    Actually, I think, you're a fail too.

Actually she was right at the time of posting ( if ya hadnt noticed it was before the TB expansion and the Glacial walker replacing the Magmite )

and yes Necro b:shocked
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Bah, thats's what you get for posting w/o checking date. Fking necro :(
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    rare pets=money
    money=OP stuff :P
    b:bye
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    What a terrible terrible necro b:sad.

Does anyone even farm rare pets anymore? I farmed an all class puppy in 3 days without anyone else showing up at the spawn
  • ForeversEnd - Heavens Tear
    ForeversEnd - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I iz uber high level necromancer.....
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    *some* highlevels are like that- catching only to sell. then there are venos who actually use the rare pets in grinding and in battle. i use mine daily-and have some stashed away, waiting till i have achieved the level necessary to be able to play them.....cant wait till i can play with my big polar bear!^_^ gonna be a long time, but worth it.

I'm just througally courious, what drives all of you to catch the rare pets that you don't even need? and what's your initial reaction when you see a low level show up trying to get one daily and continually failing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Necro FTW

/10char
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I just like the idea of having a pet few others really use.

I have my kowlin for pulling, and my puppy for showing off (cuzz it looks kinda like my irl dog see?) and i love them both *hugs pets*

if I make it to 80, ill also be usin the armord bare should I be luck (I doubt it -.-)

the first rare I actually TAMED was the Shadou cub and that was for my BF's veno, all other times i go to spawns, is to be a support/scary high level for my veno friends who want help getting there own rares. I never make a profit, and I honeslty dont care.

broke and proud of it b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Never tamed a rare pet and never will, it's just too much trouble and too little chance to get the pet, besides I have a Herc so don't need another pet anyways and even if I wanted one for some odd reason, getting more pet bag spaces is costly >.< I don't even have enough money to get 4 spaces so that I could have a water pet AND air pet. So why bother with something that you don't need and have 3% chance to get?

I don't get why so many people are trying to get one just to sell it, I never understand those people. There are other ways to get money in game, but I'm afraid that soon taming rare pets becomes the main income for many high level venos, because there aren't much stuff to do in the game anymore to get enough money to enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crnull
    crnull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I wish someone on sanctuary was like that I would really like on of each the shadou and the knowlin but there are high levels camping it with like -30 channeling gear and orbs that kill channel for 5 sec. I don't stand a chance of my veno getting one.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    whats your reaction when a non veno strolls through and kills one o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I never got into the pet catching craze long ago when my veno was one of the most played characters I had. I happened to catch a Kowlin, a Bear, and a ton of snow hares, but that was because I just happened to be doing WQ, BH, quests, or farming mats and happen to run into them.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    Just have a friend lure a boss, then tame after the others get wiped. b:laugh
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    as every single thing in this planet, the reazon is MONEY .
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Never had a reason to try and tame a rare pet. I have kowlin but I got it for free from a barb..long story.

My lure pets are: Kowlin, Huggy Hare, Eldergoth Marksman.

I met a veno around my level that was bragging about all her rare pets she caught and showing them off. Honestly, I don't believe she caught them all herself >_>, but good for her :o.
  • VenusRed - Heavens Tear
    VenusRed - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I try my best to always help those who need. If it means taming a pet for those less fortunate then so be it. I worked hard for 2 years to get what i have and thanked those that helped me on the way. Now is my time to give back where i can. Not all venos can afford to cs there way to the best pets and if it helps them to give them a free pet it won't hurt , Try it some time.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have a single Snow Hare stashed away somewhere, and only got that one by accident --- it was running a large track through the area I was looking for some materials. Wondering what it was, thought it would be a Venomancer that for some reason I didn't see, settled for an Assassin in some form of stealth and a baby pet, then realized that neither of these get green named pets... took 2 more rounds for me to tame it.

For some reason, every rare pet collector was offline at the time, apparently.

Other than that, I don't participate in PvP activities. Rare pet catching = PvP, so no thanks. Besides, I don't have cash gear or a bot, so by the time I've started casting everyone else would be leaving already.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't have the patients to tame rare pets although I tried.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • VenoProwl - Raging Tide
    VenoProwl - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have an idea...

Do Gamma with me b:victory

Or Delta once I get of level...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AriAdiemus - Archosaur:
    "Clerics heal health, they still can't heal stupid."

So true. b:surrender

8x Veno, 6x Cleric
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    no thread necros!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Be an ***, kill it before they catch it.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    no thread necros!
    It's only two weeks since the last post. o.O I'm pretty sure necro is > one month. :P

To the OP: Yeah, they have profit on their minds, plain and simple.

Though I share the feelings of many in this thread, in that selling rare pets for profit is kinda sick. I mean geez, most of you 90+ have a herc already. What's the matter? Is that $200 of yours not farming TT quick enough? >_>

And now: a quick guide for those of you who want rare pets. :)

Rule number one: keep at it, keep at it, KEEP AT IT. I only have experience with the lesser rares (tabby, pup, frog, piggy, and snowhare to be precise) but I've heard the stories about the bear/kowlin spawns. And the big secret that really isn't so secret, is channeling powders.

Lv30: Crimson Blood Powder (-15% channeling for 15s)
    Lv45: Windrage Incense (-50% channeling for 5s)
    Lv75: Crimson Soul Powder (-25% channeling for 15s) (Maybe this one is 90? I don't remember)
    Lv90: Zooming Thunder Powder (INSTANT channeling for 5s)

When you see other venos at the pet you want, take a look at their gear and get a rough estimate of their level. If they're 90+, chances are they carry Zooming Thunder Powder, which can mean bad news for you.

If you are trying to catch one of those tougher ones and you are nowhere near 90+, I would strongly suggest recruiting a 90+ friend (hopefully you have one). If you ARE 90+, there are ways to get your hands on ZTP. It can't be made at the world map Apothecaries (as I understand it, you need to hold territory). But sometimes you can buy them from catshops, or if you have even one friend in a land-owning faction (and by 90+, you should), they should be able to hook you up.

Once you have your ZTP (or Windrage, if you're between 45 and 90), the second step is to learn the spawn time. Usually you'll see the rare pet spawn once, and someone else will get it, but hey - now you know when it spawns tomorrow, right? Come back as close to that time as possible and be ready.

Meanwhile, learn the patterns that farmers use to secure the pet. Most of them employ a genie skill (nowadays) to instantly lower the HP of the pet, then ZTP in order to catch it. If you watch closely, you can see how fast they manage to tame it.

Yes, that's right. They use genie skills and channeling powder, and nothing else. There's no big secret to catching rares that you need to be a CSer for. If you're 90+ or know someone who is 90+, you can do whatever they can do, no exceptions.

But you shouldn't even need genie skills when there's a farmer around, because usually the farmer will lower its HP without you having to. This is your chance. Pop your channeling powder ASAP and start casting (I like to temporarily swap my -chan powder into F4 and my tame into F5 to use them faster). In many cases the farmer will be quick on the trigger and lower the pet's HP almost immediately, giving you a chance to simply pop your -chan powder and snatch it right out from under them. I've beaten a 90+ with my 50s veno before, and I did it by immediately popping my Windrage Incense the moment the pet spawned and casting even before its HP was lowered - because the 90+ lowered it for me, right before I finished casting.

It still requires luck (and I would imagine with armored bears / shadous / kowlins it'd require even more luck). But again, if all else fails, employ a 90+ veno friend or guildie. For the less contested pets like the tabby, pup, piggy or frog, you should be able to catch one soon enough. On my server there's even a person who goes around taming some of those to give away for free. Snow hare isn't even an issue - it spawns every single hour and there are multiple spawn points, so eventually you'll be the only one around to tame it.

In conclusion: Don't support this sad "business" the farmers engage in. Never buy rare pets. It is entirely possible to catch your own. You just need to know what to do. ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lol.....

High level...

60+...

Pick one please.