Chienkun stone fail

ergfg56h556h56h
ergfg56h556h56h Posts: 40 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Hello

I tried to upgrade my +6 weapon to +7 using chienkuns stones and after first sucess my weapon turned from +6 to +1..

May someone explain me wtf??
Post edited by ergfg56h556h56h on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    That shouldn't happen. Did you actually put the chinkun stone in the refining-aids box before hitting the 'refine' button?

Ah:
    "And after first success"
    I think you have to put the stone in each time.
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited May 2010
    yes i did

I wasted 10 of them in archosaur, then i went to misfortune.

First hit was succesful, but instead of+7 i got +1 weapon
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Oh, that's just mad then. Ticket it, I guess.
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited May 2010
    Has anyone encountered similar problem with chienkuns?
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Use dragon orbs instead. 100% chance of success. Chienkun stones don't have that guarantee.
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited May 2010
    Chienkuns are supposed to prevent decrease if refining fails...whatthey did was reset all my refinements to+1...
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You are absolutely positive you put in a new chienkun stone after you tried each time? Be it a fail or a succes, the stone disappears and you have to put in a new one to prevent failing on the next try.

Also, you sure you bought chienkun stones and not tisha or tienkang?
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited May 2010
    Im 100% positive about it..

Ive double- tripple checked if chienkun was in the right place..

Like i said I wasted 10 of them at arch elder..and my weapon didnt loose any refines, but when i successed for the first time with chienkuns, it turned +6 to +1
  • falfasss
    falfasss Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Keep on mind, that after refine its lvl went down to +1, not to 0 .
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Doing regular refining, does it only use 1 stone per try or more than one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Only thing I can think of is that it went to 0 instead of +7, and then the next time you tried, it went from 0 to +1. But if you're sure it went to +7, then that doesn't make any sense. You might want to send a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I had thought that to guarantee success the number of stones required as the level of refinement increased. To go from +6 to +7 with 100% success rate you would need a lot more then 10 stones for 100% success rate. My guess is you got real lucky from +2 through +6 then your luck ran out because the stones sure didn't get you there. Not with just 10 of them.

Unless of course I am misunderstanding how they work, but I don't think I am. I remember a thread like this back when they were first introduced.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pro Tip: When refining a weapon from +6 to +7, buy enough Dragon Orbs to make a +7 orb.

Then it always works, and we don't have to listen to you whine when you **** up and use a stone that has .5% chance of success at that lvl - and you lose.

RedMenace

\you rolled the dice on a +6, and expect us to feel bad for you?
    \\unless it says guarantee, it's a gamble

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12980
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    are you sure you had the weapon at original +6 before the "success" that got you a +1?
    to me it sounds like you messed up something at the arch elder, your weapon refine reset, then went to misfortune and u got a success to +1.
    Would have been nice to have printscreens with the refine logs and stone placement.
    ALWAYS, ALWAYS do that when you're trying risky stuff.
    if you have PS the GMs are more willing to help. If not, they first need to be sure it's not a scam then they will help you.
    I'm sorry for your loss.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Chienkun stones are a poor choice for a refinement aid anyway. They have a .25% chance of success refining from +6 to +7.

Check out Warren Wolfy's thread on refining for cheap in the crafting section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited May 2010
    listen up people

I had a +6 weapon i put in the refine window

then i put chiekung stones..carefully

i hit start and i got success

but instead of +7 i got +1

Maybe the phrase "Refining levels wont decrease if the refining fails" has some secret hiden meaning i cant comprehend

Im not used to ss, fraps everything i do since i put a little trust in pwi being bugless in some seroius cases like refining
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I guess you guys miss the point of this thread by providing solutions to something the OP didn't really cares about.

His concern as much as I understand is the reset in refine.
    Now, Chienkun , as far as description goes, SHOULD PREVENT THE RESET OF REFINE IN CASE REFINE FAILS. What are the chances to succeed, I don't think the OP gives a flying **** about them. His QQ is about reseting the refine lvl.

listen up people

I had a +6 weapon i put in the refine window

then i put chiekung stones..carefully

i hit start and i got success

but instead of +7 i got +1

Maybe the phrase "Refining levels wont decrease if the refining fails" has some secret hiden meaning i cant comprehend

I'm really sorry, but in this case all you can do is send a ticket.
    And then wait weeks if not more for a resolution.
    Now they look like they're busy over their head with the new patch.

I'm really, really sorry for you.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited May 2010
    Thank You Ursa for your understanding.

I know that refining chances with chienkungs are small, but since it was supposed to be 100% safe it was worth a try...
    Now i know it was not..
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Earlier this week something smililar happened to me. Be very careful using the stones as they must have some sort of glitch. I bought 8 chienkun and put them in the refining aid box. 3 fails and a success on the 4th.. I had some left over and when i hit the refine button again it failed and my +8 wand went to 0. Still waiting on a reply from my ticket.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You necro'd it exactly one month after...
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Oooooooo! A post about a rarely discussed topic, barely a month old, that actually coroborates the OP's original story that Chienkuns may be buggy when used as a refine aid. How terrible!.

Necro ****'s....

If there is any truth to these claims, that should be the nail in the coffin about attempting to use Chienkuns as a refine aid. They're a poor choice if they actually do work as intended, and absolutly terrible if they are buggy and you lose refines.
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    how about u go on your main? trollb:shutup