Cleric vs. Assassin 1v1

Bowlinbob - Lost City
Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
without awareness pots, how do you manage to beat one, if possible at all. (without insanely refined gears that is)

from my experience, they do the following:

-Stealth
-3 Spark
-then use a bunch of skills that freeze/sleep/stun/to keep u from doing anything, at this point i usually domain or ToP
-if for some reason that doesnt kill me and i manage to get away they just stealth to hide and repeat.

even if I manage to get a shot off and sleep, I cant 1shot them because of their skill that ignores the kill hit, then they just stealth after that.

so how do clerics get past this? Ive tried sleeping/shelling but im usually still unable to cast a spell at that point.
Post edited by Bowlinbob - Lost City on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I usually ToP as they unstealth, then throw up Plume Shell when their stun wears off. I use an anti stun pot as I throw up shell, then Cyclone and put them to sleep (assuming it works, considering they have a chance to dodge it >.>) Then I use WoP in case shell goes off, debuff, Demon Spark, and hopefully kill them before they stealth... Though I haven't been able to do this lately, haven't been able to get my hands on anti stun apoc.

Glad I'm not the only one who has problems with them, hopefully this helps though. My gear is only refined +2 with the weapon, boots, necklace and belt being +1.

(The only reason I use ToP is because my genie doesn't have Expel, once I get some money I'll either reset my affinities or get a new genie and put Expel on it. Until then ToP works pretty well for surviving the initial attack. Expel tends to be better because that 8+ seconds of seal gives you time to get rid of their buff and set up to kill them.)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Bowlingbobcat
    use face scratch attack
    (>.<)
    or just eat them fishies?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Best I can think of a Cleric dealing with an Assassin is to just bend over and stick your **** in the air. From there, I can foresee 2 possible outcomes. 1) You could hope that you produce a noxious **** capable of killing even the toughest of cockroaches, or 2) you just kiss it goodbye.

PS: I've gotten lucky in killing a few Assassins, but for the most part, they can counter Clerics very very well. It's basically a toss of a 20 sided die, and hoping you land on a single number.

b:surrender
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Impetus - Lost City
    Impetus - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've killed and been killed by quite a few 9x sins, and from my experience, Absolute Domain is a must on your genie lol. Sins can stunlock pretty well, and tbh there's no way around that once you're in it. Just pray you survive the initial 3spark spike after their stun and pop AD afterwards. If you actually survive a WTFSAUCE OVER 9000 crit (which is roughly 10% of the time) and have properly AD'd, then you can get creative. If you know the sin is horribly overgeared, just drop altitude and find sz. If he isn't, you can throw up plume shell instead of dropping. Remember to do this right after AD so you don't get chain stunned again. This is about the time sins keep you in plaze with their OP freeze, so just throw a weaksauce attack at their face to gauge their hp, sleep them, and depending on where their hp stands you can

A) attempt a charm bypass with ele seal/poison/nuke of your choice

B) drop down and run cuz he has too much hp

I wouldn't suggest hitting a sin more than twice before he's slept because more than likely, he WILL go poof on your ****.

Without OP gear, sins are just as squishy as archers. It's just hard to kill one through all the stuns, and if you aren't fast enough, they'll just go into stealth. EDIT: and there is always a chance that your 3spark wield thunder 10k crit gets nulled by their stupid second life skill QQ

P.S. I point out using AD AFTER the initial spike because realistically, no one is ever prepared for a sin. If you can get it off before they **** face I give you props
  • Neftis_ - Heavens Tear
    Neftis_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How to kill sin in 5 steps:
    1.Charge some zhen
    2.Get Nirvana gear
    3.Refine it to +12 and 4 +20 vit stones to each piece
    4.Choose lvl 30 sin for target
    5.PWN him

Not that hard, right?
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • xmysticbladex
    xmysticbladex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ehm this is what u need to beat an assassin......... look on

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2dcb0a65d5723e3f
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    full heavy cleric ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!b:victory

jokes apart, it's all a matter of surviving the first few hits. good hp, phys resistance and timing for counter-measure are a must. setting expel/domain to a hotkey might help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Impetus - Lost City
    Impetus - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's all in the timing. Sins are gimped in that they have a slight delay between skills so use that .2 seconds to the best of their potential to pop a pot/AD
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    if you feel he is going to stealth use a long channel skill, it will knock him out of it if timed rightb:surrender he will be open to attacks for 3 mins after that b:pleased
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Best I can think of a Cleric dealing with an Assassin is to just bend over and stick your **** in the air. From there, I can foresee 2 possible outcomes. 1) You could hope that you produce a noxious **** capable of killing even the toughest of cockroaches, or 2) you just kiss it goodbye. b:surrender

b:laugh my screen is now covered in coffee from this one!

Havent had much opportunity to fight a sin on my cleric yet but i dont think im looking forward to trying unless i've had burritos for dinner!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Best I can think of a Cleric dealing with an Assassin is to just bend over and stick your **** in the air. From there, I can foresee 2 possible outcomes. 1) You could hope that you produce a noxious **** capable of killing even the toughest of cockroaches, or 2) you just kiss it goodbye.
    b:laugh my screen is now covered in coffee from this one!

^ This

Why is it that you always read hilarious things when drinking coffee? O_o

I did lol rl though b:victoryb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • ShadowMiss - Raging Tide
    ShadowMiss - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Plume shell is good a good bet, and if they're not range just fly around they're head screaming... on secound thoughts, do that anyway..

Wierdly enough, although nut as powerful as Plume Shot, great cyclone is a very long cast, and by the time they're done getting swirled around like that slow barbarian from faction wars who accidently switched to 'walk' and doesn't know how to switch back that is getting pwned by like 20 veno sirens. (haha) you've got about two plume shots in 9nut just do on 'cause then you can do great cyclone again_
    b:chuckle
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Plume shell is good a good bet, and if they're not range just fly around they're head screaming... on secound thoughts, do that anyway..

Wierdly enough, although nut as powerful as Plume Shot, great cyclone is a very long cast, and by the time they're done getting swirled around like that slow barbarian from faction wars who accidently switched to 'walk' and doesn't know how to switch back that is getting pwned by like 20 veno sirens. (haha) you've got about two plume shots in 9nut just do on 'cause then you can do great cyclone again_
    b:chuckle

k 1, u cant shell after their first attack (stun)
    2,cyclone is by far stronger than plumeshot with metal mastery
    3, how the hell do you think cyclone is a very long cast? Maybe you meant a long cooldown its 1 second channel, 1 second cast, faster casting than plumeshot...
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Cant say i've had alot of 1v1 experience (usually there's been more ppl on each side) but I just spam immunity pot until I manage to get it off. Fortunately I have quite good pdef so can tank them out of stealth for a short while with a little genie help.

But it does normally ends with them going to stealth so either I go SZ if i'm not in the mood to fight or I put on more HA, fly around at random waiting for apoth pot cooldown- they always tend to get bored and leave at by that stage tho. q__q
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    k 1, u cant shell after their first attack (stun)
    2,cyclone is by far stronger than plumeshot with metal mastery
    3, how the hell do you think cyclone is a very long cast? Maybe you meant a long cooldown its 1 second channel, 1 second cast, faster casting than plumeshot...

methinks that's her main

A for effort tho xD
    b:dirty
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    I saw a sin and went to Tempest, a second into the channeling the sin stealthed then my Tempest went off, suddenly I could see her! And she was deadb:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    I saw a sin and went to Tempest, a second into the channeling the sin stealthed then my Tempest went off, suddenly I could see her! And she was deadb:chuckle

Not tested enough....but I believe if u target and begin a channel on a skill, the skill will still hit even if they go into stealth.

I have seen it happen as you mentioned above, but I am not 100% sure how this works. Need to test it more...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hmm. Kinda like how you would 1v1 a BM methinks ;o

Stack them IH's and hope you can use a resist stun skill/apoth or plume shell before they start bursting you down.

Can always kite but the shadow jump and teleports make this kinda tricky. Cyclone and holy path are your friend xD

I've watched this one cleric 1v1 sins by jumping around a lot. The sin usually ends up wasting their initial stun on him while he is in mid jump, which puts the sin out of range for most of his skills. He starts flying as soon as stun burns off and sleeps the sin. Then begins to attack/kite like he would most melee classes.

I've yet to be given any troubles by a fish in 1v1's on my cleric ^^
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010

That would be nice lots of mag damage and good hps.

You would want to keep up your plume shell and wop up most of the time.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    That would be nice lots of mag damage and good hps.

You would want to keep up your plume shell and wop up most of the time.

Seriously?

With that build you could stand there and laugh at the sin, **** plume shell!! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PenutButer - Dreamweaver
    PenutButer - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2010

No, http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e49479c5405fc439
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010

Seriously?

With that build you could stand there and laugh at the sin, **** plume shell!! b:chuckle
    I was referring without that build about plume shell and wop.
  • Neftis_ - Heavens Tear
    Neftis_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010

There is another way http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e49479c5405fc439

EDIT link doesn't work, meant to be a GM cape (prolly the 1 that I quoted meant same lol)
  • Repth - Harshlands
    Repth - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I actually found my own way of dealing with the invisible sin. I was dueling one and we were just kind of **** around. When he went invisible, I waiting a second or 2 and jumped in the air once, on my way down, I jumped again before I hit the ground. He stunlocked me as most sins would do after turning invisible, but then I was stunned floating a few feet off the ground. It threw his attacks off course and he couldn't really hit me. So he had to get out his aerogear and fly up to me. It cost him a few seconds of his time and by then I was out of stun with nearly full hp. I cast some IH on myself and damaged him quite a bit, but he was a higher level than me and won eventually.

So next time a sin goes invisible, jump!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    The problem with that is if you make even a small mistake in your timing the sin can freeze you in mid air, and their freeze lasts over 5 seconds. When you're frozen in midair you can't use skills... They basically have you stunned for that amount of time. When they use stealth you have time to stack IH, then throw up Shell because while in stealth they'll be preparing to attack.

If they stealth on you stack two IH, throw up shell, stack some more. They'll either attack you around the time shell is up or wait it off, so have your Expel ready for when they pop out of stealth. Or the alternative: throw up shell and go into safe. It's not worth it to fight a sin that just stealths, it's a waste of time and resources. I've met sins like that on my Cleric and my BM and they just aren't worth the time.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Side note; Can sins stealth in the air?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Mysti go level yourself
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yes they can stealth in the air.

i like expel, and how it seals them for a bit.

they also become immune to physical damage but who the **** cares you're a cleric :o
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Mysti go level yourself

I would but I am kind of poor atm got to get Veno to make some coin but busy lvling up a Nix.It is what I get from lvling up skills.Why tell me that though I am only 13 lvls behind your BM.What lvl is your cleric?