raise DQ prices = more zen sales

Options
charlieizboss
charlieizboss Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Suggestion Box
dear pwi folks. a lot of boutique stuff(gold sink) is extras, like for buying AFTER armor, repairs, pet food etc.WHICH IS COIN BASED.
The essentials are coin based, and by lowering DQ vendor prices, you effectively raise essential prices. =folks have LESS coin for extras.
ergo: gold prices fall, less people buy zen since gold prices are low and you cripple your economy and cripple your ultimate goal of more zen sales.

During 2x drops, i was living large, buying fashions, dyes, socket stones. i was sinking gold because i had extra cash beyond the essentials.
IMO, YOU SHOULD RAISE VENDOR PRICES 20% TO FUEL ZEN SALES, not choke the coin supply...
thx for reading this
"HEY! snowman! i used to be snow white too....then i drifted..
Post edited by charlieizboss on

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dear pwi folks. a lot of boutique stuff(gold sink) is extras, like for buying AFTER armor, repairs, pet food etc.WHICH IS COIN BASED.
    The essentials are coin based, and by lowering DQ vendor prices, you effectively raise essential prices. =folks have LESS coin for extras.
    ergo: gold prices fall, less people buy zen since gold prices are low and you cripple your economy and cripple your ultimate goal of more zen sales.

During 2x drops, i was living large, buying fashions, dyes, socket stones. i was sinking gold because i had extra cash beyond the essentials.
    IMO, YOU SHOULD RAISE VENDOR PRICES 20% TO FUEL ZEN SALES, not choke the coin supply...
    thx for reading this

You haven't noticed the sticky, or all the other posts on this subject, have you?
  • charlieizboss
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^ yes i have

this is off topic to those. i'm not qqing or raging or voting etc. i'm explaining an alternate economic scenario thought based on my playing experience.

but thanks for your due diligence
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Zhen = real life money.

Purchasing items with in-game coin = meaningless to PWI. It's a courtesy they give you.

The 3 worst things to happen to PWI = Ten Million Bank Note, 2x drops and BH.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • charlieizboss
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you misunderstand what im saying.

you buy zen with RL cash->gold in game right?

ok

people buy gold with coins from ingame stuff rght?

ok

people who now possess gold sink it into the boutique right?

there is no armor for sale or repair stones in the boutique right?

therefore the armor needs coins.

the bulk of players are lowbies.

the lowbies that somehow have extra coin can buy gold to get extras.

i agree those huge cash sources arent so hot for the economy, but individual lowbies are the bulk of players. there arent that many fashioned out L11's out there because they mostly need what little coin they have for gear, pots, telports, repairs, yada

besides, the DQ stuff has almost no impact at high levels anyways..the high levels dont have most of the player base either.

all i'm saying is i see the reverse of what NCS wants happening due to the fact the player base is mostly lowbies who dont have much disposable income for pigments and fun stuff.

when the boutique items get purchased, NCS has made its money from some zen sales somewhere, because that gold was there. if 20% less fun things get bought, that leaves 20% more gold left in the economy which devalues it.

edit: i also agree, overall 2x is bad. why? because it 2x's EVERYTHING and some things are plenty already
    this issue is with the DQ stuff...the lifeblood of the lowbie masses. a raising of DQ prices and no more 2x sounds more on track for ecomonic health to me
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The 3 worst things to happen to PWI = Ten Million Bank Note, 2x drops and BH.

Your wrong on two of those..

10 Million Note - you need.. this server still young.. give it another year.. and you'll understand why. I think u mean that you shouldnt be able to buy the 10 Million Notes with the Lots (sorry PW-MY term... cant recall what the item is called here - Best token of luck or something?).. That item "fixes" the price of everything that you can trade those tokens for.

For example: in PW-MY... I had gotten a red 100 mat as a drop in HH.... I ended up selling it for over 500M...which is totally what it was worth.. as it is a very rare drop. The person buying it.. had to pay in the bank notes.. since you can only have 200M in your inventory at a time, and it reduces the chance of getting scammed. Later, when those boxes with the tokens were brought into the cash shop... The value of that mat decreased.. cause u can exchange those best tokens or whatever they are called here for those rare red 100 mats.

BH - also needed for player interaction... It gives people something to do...

The 2x rate is nice.. but.. I think that having it for 3 weeks.. was excessive. When it is only a few days.. it does not impact the economy so much.
  • Naevo - Lost City
    Naevo - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    quiv wrote: »

10 Million Note - you need.. this server still young.. give it another year.. and you'll understand why. I think u mean that you shouldnt be able to buy the 10 Million Notes with the Lots (sorry PW-MY term... cant recall what the item is called here - Best token of luck or something?).. That item "fixes" the price of everything that you can trade those tokens for.

For example: in PW-MY... I had gotten a red 100 mat as a drop in HH.... I ended up selling it for over 500M...which is totally what it was worth.. as it is a very rare drop. The person buying it.. had to pay in the bank notes.. since you can only have 200M in your inventory at a time, and it reduces the chance of getting scammed. Later, when those boxes with the tokens were brought into the cash shop... The value of that mat decreased.. cause u can exchange those best tokens or whatever they are called here for those rare red 100 mats.

The 2x rate is nice.. but.. I think that having it for 3 weeks.. was excessive. When it is only a few days.. it does not impact the economy so much.

Quivver? b:question
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Your use of logic is epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • quiv
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Quivver? b:question

b:kiss yes.... who's this?
    edited May 2010
    Options

I specifically meant 10 Million Bank Notes from Packs, not in-game.

BH = when it was first implemented was ok, but the reward was too high. It has replaced and eliminated many other activities. Hardly anyone does Rebirth, almost nobody zhens, there are no more fish parties, grinding at bats, butterflies or seaweed theives. It's much more difficult for a lot of people to get squads to do TT. BH pretty much single handled changed the landscape of the game. Many people don't even quest now, many quest areas are empty most of the time. The platform in arch used to be empty, it has pulled most of the population away from quest areas and into the repetitive cycle of looking for a BH.

BH also drove the cost of subs up to 75-90k, mid and high mats were approaching the 8k mark. Good thing tokens came around to change that, eh?

Personally I would rather have seen a 2-3x increase in quest exp, spirit and coin reward than the BH system introduced. It would have kept the real PvE in the game.
  • quiv
    edited May 2010
    Options
    BH = when it was first implemented was ok, but the reward was too high. It has replaced and eliminated many other activities. Hardly anyone does Rebirth, almost nobody zhens, there are no more fish parties, grinding at bats, butterflies or seaweed theives. It's much more difficult for a lot of people to get squads to do TT. BH pretty much single handled changed the landscape of the game. Many people don't even quest now, many quest areas are empty most of the time. The platform in arch used to be empty, it has pulled most of the population away from quest areas and into the repetitive cycle of looking for a BH.

BH also drove the cost of subs up to 75-90k, mid and high mats were approaching the 8k mark. Good thing tokens came around to change that, eh?

Personally I would rather have seen a 2-3x increase in quest exp, spirit and coin reward than the BH system introduced. It would have kept the real PvE in the game.

Go try the Trophy Modes.... if you want a serious PvE experience. There is really nothing else like it... Crazy fun...

I know.. since I started playing on PWI... I have done many many Zhen parties... for a while.. once a day.. using hypers of course b:chuckle But.. I dont feel bad abuot it at all.. I have done the hard grind back on PW-MY... And I liked the fact that no one on PWI zhen's.. because... it means the spots are free for me :)

The woods (subs) price is good around 50-60k each... Means I can buy them easier.. than having to go farm them b:laugh I am really lazy to do all that stuffs now.

Once more people require subs (and you'll end up needing alot of them), the prices will go up.

GV - i take it not many people have their 3rd Fairy over here? GV is sooo easy.. and alot of fun... Providing you dont go with people that have no idea how to play their class.. or like to afk alot....

Anyways.. people do BH because of the ease of getting so much EXP fast... they'd still lvl faster if they did their quests... But.. I shouldnt talk.. I havent really done much for quests since lvl 30..
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Go try the Trophy Modes.... if you want a serious PvE experience. There is really nothing else like it... Crazy fun...

I know.. since I started playing on PWI... I have done many many Zhen parties... for a while.. once a day.. using hypers of course b:chuckle But.. I dont feel bad abuot it at all.. I have done the hard grind back on PW-MY... And I liked the fact that no one on PWI zhen's.. because... it means the spots are free for me :)

The woods (subs) price is good around 50-60k each... Means I can buy them easier.. than having to go farm them b:laugh I am really lazy to do all that stuffs now.

Once more people require subs (and you'll end up needing alot of them), the prices will go up.

GV - i take it not many people have their 3rd Fairy over here? GV is sooo easy.. and alot of fun... Providing you dont go with people that have no idea how to play their class.. or like to afk alot....

Anyways.. people do BH because of the ease of getting so much EXP fast... they'd still lvl faster if they did their quests... But.. I shouldnt talk.. I havent really done much for quests since lvl 30..

Yeah, haven't tried trophy mode yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

So, overall you're more happy with the game now or a year ago? Just curious, cause it's very apparent you've been playing PW for a lot longer than most of us have.
  • quiv
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah, haven't tried trophy mode yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

So, overall you're more happy with the game now or a year ago? Just curious, cause it's very apparent you've been playing PW for a lot longer than most of us have.

I started playing here in Feb. because I wanted to try the Tideborns... Before that.. I was at PW-MY and was 99 when these forums opened... and was 100 by the time PWI opened their servers to play... Which is why I never moved over here then....

Overall.. yes... I am happy where the game is now. Still bugs the hell out of me thou, that people on PWI call items that are farmable in the game "event" items.. Buying a lucky box/pack from a cash shop.. isnt an event... Its just more debt on one's credit card..
    Such as the 'event cloaks".. Which come from the trophy modes... and they dont even know where they come from. b:shocked

while I might not like the fact that CV/Lunar mats, 3-3 mats, items to get rare 3-3 mats, and the above mentioned "event items" are available at times from lucky boxes/packs whatever they are called here. I understand why they put them in the game. Mostly for the people that either dont have the time or patience to go farm them, or for the poor saps that no one wants to take into parties with them, because they fail so bad at playing, they should humanely just delete their chars.

I can honestly say.. that I have tried and most of the time, successfully completed any of the "challenges' that this game has thrown at me over the years... Before they nerfed FC, (made it super easy like it is now) I can say that I finished it... took about 18 hours...and I was not in a noob party either.. most of the party was 8th rank, +10 or more gears and +12 weapons. GV 85+ many many many times have finished it... without a single death in party... Lunar (CV) I've done full runs many times... Discovered the 2nd secret boss in there - which people on ppl on PW-MY thought didnt exist/wasnt implemented in game), done the Trophy modes that were in my lvl range. And have tried all of the in-game events..

- Forest Ruins
    - Netherbeast - new and old
    - horse race
    - arena event with the bosses
    - crimson/asura event
    - dragon palace
    - Martial Arts pk event
    - Invasion - at ADC (Arch)
    - FB 109 Hell (Heaven wasnt implemented)

10 more lvl's here.. and I can go try the Nirvana dungeon and Warsong or whatever they are called... Only reason I havent tried those yet.. is because they arent implemented on PW-MY.

The lowering the DQ sales isnt that big of a deal... As was when they nerfed the price to 1 coin for pet eggs (at one time, you could NPC them for 2000-9000 egg). Lots of people cried at the time.. because they used their wf/veno to farm gold for themselves. They just learned other ways to make coin in game. And it sure helped cut down on the amount of bots in game. And it really wouldnt bother me, if all the "free gamers" that cry about the DQ price quit...gold in the AH would become cheaper

Alot of people say "Im 100, there is nothing left to do in game'... The thing with PW... the higher the level you are.. the more there is to do. Maybe not if your on a PvE server.. because you'll miss out on the PK aspect, but I've never tried one, so I dont really know.... But the devs keep adding new things.. such as BH.. which I think is a really good addition to the game.

But 100+ is when the game really just starts IMO. Just got to take the initiative to go do it.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is the general logic nowadays.
    (insert anything here) => zen conspiracy! => QQ
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree that regular quests should give more exp, but it simply is too few exp no matter how you put it since they are not repeatable. This is why BH was a great addition... now if only they add a challenging one for coin reward, and make it worthwhile... b:surrender

A fun game should have plenty of content to do instead of having to grind. Having to grind is the very definition of a poor game that lacks content or something a bit more fun to do that kill random mobs. On the dev side, there is NO effort whatsoever in "making grinding available", see why I call it the "lazy/poor developed game feature?"

(tbh the "wined runs" can be attributed to the "easy bh exp" something comparable to coin reward)
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Alot of people say "Im 100, there is nothing left to do in game'... The thing with PW... the higher the level you are.. the more there is to do. Maybe not if your on a PvE server.. because you'll miss out on the PK aspect, but I've never tried one, so I dont really know.... But the devs keep adding new things.. such as BH.. which I think is a really good addition to the game.

But 100+ is when the game really just starts IMO. Just got to take the initiative to go do it.

In a way yes, but on PvE server, I'd say no. After a while you have reasonable gear and all. Then you go TW and PK. You realise there is nobody to kill and you last 6mins in TW. All the dailies/dungeons get boring after awhile.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • quiv
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In a way yes, but on PvE server, I'd say no. After a while you have reasonable gear and all. Then you go TW and PK. You realise there is nobody to kill and you last 6mins in TW. All the dailies/dungeons get boring after awhile.

ok.. on PvE server.... go try the Trophy Modes...

That in itself is a real challenge... Imagine.. having to do FB99 with no wine.. kill 50% of the mobs and the last boss.. in less then 10 minutes... And yes.. it is do-able... I've done it.. many many many times...

Go farm the "event capes" as people so like to call them here... u need 8 gold medals to earn one cloak.

There are 3 different ones to earn in FB99 heaven, 3 in 89 heaven/hell... and yet more in Lunar.

FB99 Hell.. well... go conquer that.. and then tell me that there is nothing left to do.. and.. I will believe you.. 100%

BTW: a 6 min TW is long.... Try going to PW-MY... 2 minutes.. tops ^^ b:chuckle
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

+1
    I remember the old days.. zhenning at seaweed thiefs. After grinding/farming for hours, getting enough money to buy the required charm(s) and some Eso's (!) and then WC for a party to go zhen. I haven't seen any of those WCs after BH got introduced.
    People in my faction that get to 89 now start complaining they don't have enough spirit to learn their sage/demon skills -> they didnt do a lot of RBs like we did.

Man.. the butterflies.. oh how I hated aireal combat b:cry but they were awesome exp at -the very first- 2x event and the drops were nice too. Still it sucked.. and still we did it xD

And TTs.. yeh.. I only do TT runs with friends. I've been in too many fail squads to trust a random squad these days.
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can honestly say.. that I have tried and most of the time, successfully completed any of the "challenges' that this game has thrown at me over the years... Before they nerfed FC, (made it super easy like it is now) I can say that I finished it... took about 18 hours...and I was not in a noob party either.. most of the party was 8th rank, +10 or more gears and +12 weapons. GV 85+ many many many times have finished it... without a single death in party... Lunar (CV) I've done full runs many times... Discovered the 2nd secret boss in there - which people on ppl on PW-MY thought didnt exist/wasnt implemented in game), done the Trophy modes that were in my lvl range. And have tried all of the in-game events..

I'm quite upset about FC being nerfed. My group of friends were just coming up to level to where we had started farming it, of course we didn't usually get past the first or second boss... but still it was a challenge. Going back there, sure it was fun, but just too easy. After a few runs it was old already, just an exp-fest, not something challenging that you wanted to complete. Much like completing a full Lunar run before it was nerfed. Reaching Crescent Lake was an amazing feeling, much like winning a brutal 2-3 hour TW... it was quite an accomplishment and it's sad that PW has reduced them into easy mode runs.

I was really pissed that they took out Sori. That boss was really terrifying... even seeing it beat a 18k hp barb to death and wiping the party. Now nobody will ever face that again. I never knew there was a 2nd secret boss. Kinda saddens me that I'll never get to face it because people whine how difficult it was or whatever.
    - Forest Ruins
    - arena event with the bosses
    - crimson/asura event
    - Martial Arts pk event
    - FB 109 Hell (Heaven wasnt implemented)

I hope they implement some of these. I'm sure having all of this missing is definitely not good for the 10x+ crowd. Well at least we have Warsong and Nirvana now, but I do wonder what FB109 was actually like. The Nirvana bosses are just recycled from FB109, aren't they?
    The lowering the DQ sales isnt that big of a deal... As was when they nerfed the price to 1 coin for pet eggs (at one time, you could NPC them for 2000-9000 egg). Lots of people cried at the time.. because they used their wf/veno to farm gold for themselves. They just learned other ways to make coin in game. And it sure helped cut down on the amount of bots in game. And it really wouldnt bother me, if all the "free gamers" that cry about the DQ price quit...gold in the AH would become cheaper

Yeah, that is true.

But like you said, FC and Lunar were both nerfed. Lunar is still worth running if you want to farm gear, but it doesn't present the challenge or achievement that it used to. As for the other instance you mentioned that I've never been able to play, well they're not here, so that's a lot of content that we don't get that you did. So there was far more for you to do over there than we have here.

Man.. the butterflies.. oh how I hated aireal combat b:cry but they were awesome exp at -the very first- 2x event and the drops were nice too. Still it sucked.. and still we did it xD

And TTs.. yeh.. I only do TT runs with friends. I've been in too many fail squads to trust a random squad these days.

Yeah, I almost quit when I was 7x cause the air mobs were so brutal. Good thing I got over it lol.

I only do TT with friends as well, or for faction mates. I don't do random or pick-up squads.
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The OP fails to recognize that buying gold in auction is completely different then buying gold from the company as zen.

Just because you give a load of coins to a gold seller doesn't mean he can use those coins to go buy more zen.

There is only so much real life money a player can spend before he's tapped out.

It is illogical to assume that the same players can keep buying more & more zen.

ALSO... You all can complicate this subject as much as you want & it's not going to change the simple fact that no company can have 20% of customers paying for 80% of other CONSUMERS getting everything free.

All this nonsense about items & packs & events & instances is rubbish to avoid reality.