Need some advice from expirienced clerics

Dunixi - Lost City
Dunixi - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Cleric
Ok so I am lvl 31 currently and I have been on this build for at least the last ten lvl's it is, every 10 points +1str. and +9mag. I am satisfied with it but I have a little problem(I think) Early game I had not done any research on the class and I accidentally assigned points to my VIT. my current stats are 36VIT. 114MAG. 23STR. 5DEX. I am not so good with numbers but I fear I will not be able to wield the ultimate weapon (I hope to use the magic sword) so my question is should I reset some of my VIT. to my STR.? And if so how much? How do I find the proper balance? Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Join F.T.G.B. today for help and PVP orientated faction!
ftgbpwi.webs.com
Post edited by Dunixi - Lost City on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your Vit is fine, just keep using the build your using. With 36 Vit you aren't sacrificing a lot of Magic attack and you have a bit more HP. I use a Vit build (capped at 70) and I can use every piece of magic equipment for my level.
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yup, I agree. Your vit isn't bad. I have 20 dex from not knowing about this game in my early levels, and i'm not resetting. Unlike dex though, vit is actually useful. So you have nothing to worry about
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Dunixi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Cool, thnx for the replies
    ftgbpwi.webs.com
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Unlike dex though, vit is actually useful. So you have nothing to worry about
    20 dex = 1% critical rate which is why light armor classes crit far more often. I'll admit though, a cleric doesn't get much out of it really (even a Light Armor cleric) to make it worth assigning extra points to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dunixi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    is the survival rating really that much greater for a light armor build?
    ftgbpwi.webs.com
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    At level 90 you will have wasted 130 point over 2 attributes (str and dex) to wear LA. 130 point wich all could have gone into magic.

Without any gear with crit adds, you're crit rate at lvl 90 will be 5% while an AA will have 1%. So AA has a much higher damage output with a 1% chance of crit, while an LA will have a **** with a 5% of crit. b:sad
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Dunixi - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    ive concluded LA is legendary armor? but what is AA?
    ftgbpwi.webs.com
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LA stands generally for Light Armor. AA stands for Arcane Armor. HA = Heavy Armor.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    At level 90 you will have wasted 130 point over 2 attributes (str and dex) to wear LA. 130 point wich all could have gone into magic.

Without any gear with crit adds, you're crit rate at lvl 90 will be 5% while an AA will have 1%. So AA has a much higher damage output with a 1% chance of crit, while an LA will have a **** with a 5% of crit. b:sad

And it s well known that LA doesn t give either crit, or dex....

But i agree i wouldn t go LA as cleric
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    And it s well known that LA doesn t give either crit, or dex....

But i agree i wouldn t go LA as cleric

Pfft, you should tell that to this barb I was talkin to the other day. Ragelogged cuz I disagreed with him when he said that LA is the way to go for a cleric.
    Eh-ehhhm......LIGHT ARMOR TAKES AWAY TOO MANY POINTS FROM MAGIC.
    Okay, that's all I have to say. And I'm not even experienced.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

• Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A class and build is good when you know how to use them. I personally do not favor a light armor build mainly because I just have always been pure magic with minimal requirements for strength. However, that is not to say there are no good light armor clerics. If I recall correctly, there was a really good high level light armor cleric by the name of Sinanju or something similar on Sanctuary. Even if you are pure magic, and can't utilize your spells correctly, or no how to save your own skin when the time comes, you are about as useless as a cleric wearing heavy armor thinking they can heal with calamity axes of blood equipped.

b:chuckle
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    A class and build is good when you know how to use them. I personally do not favor a light armor build mainly because I just have always been pure magic with minimal requirements for strength. However, that is not to say there are no good light armor clerics. If I recall correctly, there was a really good high level light armor cleric by the name of Sinanju or something similar on Sanctuary. Even if you are pure magic, and can't utilize your spells correctly, or no how to save your own skin when the time comes, you are about as useless as a cleric wearing heavy armor thinking they can heal with calamity axes of blood equipped.

b:chuckle
    isnt sinanju back in the days where clerics thought sharding citrine HP shards where the absolute and only way to go? I would be wary to count him as an example especially in the days where clerics didnt even know what was good for them. Back thens good could be considered todays mediocre.

same opinion on the Arcane vs LA tho. Because magic bonus is not a shardable or refinable state i prefer full mag. (with a trickle of vit) Havnt seen alot of endgame clerics using LA somehow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    on other side ur on of those who say sharding full garnet is one way to go (or at least i get that sense from your posts). :P

and that dont work well with low hp pool
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010

same opinion on the Arcane vs LA tho. Because magic bonus is not a shardable or refinable state i prefer full mag. (with a trickle of vit) Havnt seen alot of endgame clerics using LA somehow...

<-- arcane, 45 base vit, and armor sharded with garnets ^.^
    personally i know only one high LA cleric, known him since 5x - and hes very good. he always could heal everything i could, so i assume he didnt sacrifice that much power... still i like my mdef and my damage, and thanks to garnets i can get nice pdef too, especially with sage bell and even nicer with sage vanguard :)

and i cant remember name atm, but one of my friends told me about fb 79 run with lvl 100 LA cleric, who basically tanked the instance. after 2 almost wipes he said that he will not res anyone anymore, if they cant control aggro they are good enough only to sit in the corner... and killed remaining bossess by himself. it took him some time, but other than that he had no problems at all...
    ok, im not 100, but im very very sure i cant tank stygean, and im not planning to try in 3 levels either b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    <-- arcane, 45 base vit, and armor sharded with garnets ^.^
    personally i know only one high LA cleric, known him since 5x - and hes very good. he always could heal everything i could, so i assume he didnt sacrifice that much power... still i like my mdef and my damage, and thanks to garnets i can get nice pdef too, especially with sage bell and even nicer with sage vanguard :)

and i cant remember name atm, but one of my friends told me about fb 79 run with lvl 100 LA cleric, who basically tanked the instance. after 2 almost wipes he said that he will not res anyone anymore, if they cant control aggro they are good enough only to sit in the corner... and killed remaining bossess by himself. it took him some time, but other than that he had no problems at all...
    ok, im not 100, but im very very sure i cant tank stygean, and im not planning to try in 3 levels either b:surrender

First, it seems that a balance of HP and defense gems are a good way to go for sharding.

Second, clerics are not supposed to tank >.>
    They're supposed to DD when everyone's at full health and keep everyone alive and buffed.
    And that LA guy sounds like a jerk. What fail of a cleric decides to not rez anyone? And what was with the two wipes anyway? Oh, I would also like to point out that he apparently couldnt keep aggro because he probably lost like 1300 basic magic attack hit points from going LA....>.>;

edited May 2010
    First, it seems that a balance of HP and defense gems are a good way to go for sharding.

Second, clerics are not supposed to tank >.>
    They're supposed to DD when everyone's at full health and keep everyone alive and buffed.
    And that LA guy sounds like a jerk. What fail of a cleric decides to not rez anyone? And what was with the two wipes anyway? Oh, I would also like to point out that he apparently couldnt keep aggro because he probably lost like 1300 basic magic attack hit points from going LA....>.>;

I tank stuff all the time on my cleric...clerics are OP!!
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    I tank stuff all the time on my cleric...clerics are OP!!

Okay, thats awesome. Was there a secondary cleric there to keep everyone alive? Were there any squad wipes? What's your build? O___O

edited May 2010
    Okay, thats awesome. Was there a secondary cleric there to keep everyone alive? Were there any squad wipes? What's your build? O___O

1.) Sometimes yes there is another cleric other times no...
    2.) After I started tanking no.
    3.) Athletic. V shaped. 63" 127lbs b:victory Yes i'm short....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    1.) Sometimes yes there is another cleric other times no...
    2.) After I started tanking no.
    3.) Athletic. V shaped. 63" 127lbs b:victory Yes i'm short....

Your cleric build smarty X3

• ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your cleric build smarty X3

My build...I really don't know off the top of my head but i leveled yesterday and I remember something like this...green...

300+ magic (307 green??)
    66 vit green
    10 dex (i know this is 5)
    enough str.

And I have gear..woot!! Sharded with both citrines and garnets...also gear is refined...most equipment adds hp or phys resistance in someway....

And I have to say I could be really off on stats...only ones i really know are vit green...dex green...and enough str for weapons/armor. Rest Magic. I guess I could do the math..blah..
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    My build...I really don't know off the top of my head but i leveled yesterday and I remember something like this...green...

300+ magic (307 green??)
    66 vit green
    10 dex (i know this is 5)
    enough str.

And I have gear..woot!! Sharded with both citrines and garnets...also gear is refined...most equipment adds hp or phys resistance in someway....

And I have to say I could be really off on stats...only ones i really know are vit green...dex green...and enough str for weapons/armor. Rest Magic. I guess I could do the math..blah..

Very cool. Of course clerics can tank. They can heal themselves! Whoo hoo for you! What did you tank?

• ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Very cool. Of course clerics can tank. They can heal themselves! Whoo hoo for you! What did you tank?

Well it wasn't Chuck Norris....cause no one can tank that roundhouse kick.
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010

whats your problem?
    any arcane can tank magic bossess. ofc, i dont have aggro skills so squad has to let me grab aggro and build it a little, but that doest mean im a bad tank and shouldnt even try :/
    as for physical attack bossess - shooters are real bad, but i know arcanes who tank direct attack phys bossess. good gear and clever use of skills and you can go. yes, for these barb is better, or bm, and archer for shooters, but that doesnt mean they are only ones who can get job done.
    dont have ss on hand but i healed arcane veno for silverfrost. and with other cleric same veno for jewel. and at 100 he tanked pole when on fb 69 we lost bm who was supposed to tank. cleric with his build and in similar gear could have done same, maybe even better becayse of plume shell or guardian light.
    and yesterday my squishy self tanked blackhole for a while, because my hubby died (im so sorry hun b:cry) and i ended wth aggro. as i was dding and not only healing it took him a long time to get aggro back. ok, i paid over 60k for repairing armor, but i lived.
    Edit: im not sure what i am arguing aboiut <.< just thst post looked like 'clerics shouldnt tank because its not their role in life'...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    whats your problem?
    any arcane can tank magic bossess. ofc, i dont have aggro skills so squad has to let me grab aggro and build it a little, but that doest mean im a bad tank and shouldnt even try :/
    as for physical attack bossess - shooters are real bad, but i know arcanes who tank direct attack phys bossess. good gear and clever use of skills and you can go. yes, for these barb is better, or bm, and archer for shooters, but that doesnt mean they are only ones who can get job done.
    dont have ss on hand but i healed arcane veno for silverfrost. and with other cleric same veno for jewel. and at 100 he tanked pole when on fb 69 we lost bm who was supposed to tank. cleric with his build and in similar gear could have done same, maybe even better becayse of plume shell or guardian light.
    and yesterday my squishy self tanked blackhole for a while, because my hubby died (im so sorry hun b:cry) and i ended wth aggro. as i was dding and not only healing it took him a long time to get aggro back. ok, i paid over 60k for repairing armor, but i lived.
    Edit: im not sure what i am arguing aboiut <.< just thst post looked like 'clerics shouldnt tank because its not their role in life'...

@Chained lmao, of course no one can tank Chuck Norris! O__O
    @Aya....I dont have a problem o_o
    But clerics need not be HA/LA to be able to tank. And it is well known that any magic class can tank a magic boss...just clerics can do it better because they can heal themselves. Besides, what's so bad about assuming that the squishy classes don't tank? It's a perfectly understandable mind jump.

• ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    what bosses can clerics tank?
    and any tips on strategies?
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010

Clerics can tank any magical damage boss (within reasonable level range that is) - first to try it on is usually florafang.
    We shine at wood bossess - elemental advantage makes us keep aggro better, and on DoT's - low damage and we can easily purify ourselves when we see it stacked too high for comfort.
    If you are only cleric in party just tell the party to let you build some aggro before they join in, and heal yourself when necessary, if i tank i usually dont debuff.
    If you have other cleric in party (let better mdef / higher damage one tank) - ask them to debuff boss, heal you and dd if they can. best keep puri to yourself, you will know when you need it.
    Oh, and keep your distance from the boss. at close range any boss in this game uses melee attack, and that will hurt you a lot.
    Edit: and if you have wizard in party - sorry, they will be better tank than you because of their better damage dealing ability, also their mdef can be boosted by shields.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Clerics can tank any magical damage boss (within reasonable level range that is) - first to try it on is usually florafang.
    We shine at wood bossess - elemental advantage makes us keep aggro better, and on DoT's - low damage and we can easily purify ourselves when we see it stacked too high for comfort.
    If you are only cleric in party just tell the party to let you build some aggro before they join in, and heal yourself when necessary, if i tank i usually dont debuff.
    If you have other cleric in party (let better mdef / higher damage one tank) - ask them to debuff boss, heal you and dd if they can. best keep puri to yourself, you will know when you need it.
    Oh, and keep your distance from the boss. at close range any boss in this game uses melee attack, and that will hurt you a lot.
    Edit: and if you have wizard in party - sorry, they will be better tank than you because of their better damage dealing ability, also their mdef can be boosted by shields.

I agree with that.

• Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think vit is pretty damn important for clerics. You're going to have to put up with a lot of aoe, and you need to be able to survive that. I'm kind of a vit *****, so my cleric has 126 at the moment. I sacrificed some of my magic attack to have more HP, but it's nice not dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear
    Ju$tiCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Clerics (pure mag, in my personal experience) can solo every single quest, FB, and culti boss up to 100 culti, except for King Kong (probably tankable by vit clerics or someone with VERY fast reaction time to purify right away). Never tried Polearm and Cenequus, but they could probably be tanked by clerics.
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Clerics (pure mag, in my personal experience) can solo every single quest, FB, and culti boss up to 100 culti, except for King Kong (probably tankable by vit clerics or someone with VERY fast reaction time to purify right away). Never tried Polearm and Cenequus, but they could probably be tanked by clerics.

Wrong char. Meant to post on this char. :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance