How do you guys make money?

DavorMk - Lost City
DavorMk - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I used to farm, but now I see the high mats went bellow 2k on Lost City b:sad
The money from quests and grinding ain't enough tell me how do you make money? b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
Post edited by DavorMk - Lost City on

Comments

• OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I can't tell you, its a secret. If I did then everyone would do it and there would be no money to be made.

Honestly, herb farming is where its at if you choose to "farm" something. So far its the only thing they've managed to NOT ruin in this game. You can not buy herbs from the cash shop or get them with tokens. All herbs must be farmed. Therefore its the one thing that is still worthwhile farming. Especially when you get to lvl 89. Good luck :)
  • A_Noob - Dreamweaver
    A_Noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'll be nicer and tell u my secret.

solo tt3-3 for gold mats.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Grind and run TT. A good 1-2 run gets you at least 100k. It's not much, but you can't really get more in any other way. Except buying low and selling high.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    faction TW pay
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • DavorMk - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    hmm wow fast replays thanks.. I will try.... I was making like 400k/hour on farming high mats in the past b:cry
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    hmm wow fast replays thanks.. I will try.... I was making like 400k/hour on farming high mats in the past b:cry

I remember getting like 200k/hour at best. I know I could have made more if I had gotten something ftom Burning Heart; best place for high mats but way overfarmed.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    High mats used to be in good demand for daily BH69/79 wines, but since people realized that you can make wedding wine with tokens and trade wedding wine in for BH wines, that market sort of dropped out. However, there's always still a demand for Ultimate Subs both to enter TT and to make TT gear, so you might check the price of mid-level (vice high) mats and see if they're still holindg a good value on Lost City. Alternatively the suggestion to farm herbs is still a good one, especially once you can access Lothranis and Momaganon as high herbs are easy to gather there, but you have to be L89--the under 89 demand for those herbs is fairly decent and not a lot of people seem to farm herbs so high demand and low supply = good profit. :D
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I pray to Pan Gu, paint the walls in my basement with chicken blood while some sugary japanese pop music plays in the background, then I look up at the roof and realize it was left unpainted and I'm all out of blood. And then all of a sudden I'm filled with as much coins as I want.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    buy / sell gold + CS items

learn through trial and error..
    edited May 2010
    faction TW pay

At his level thats not really a good option.

Also after charms, repairs, pots and did i mention repairs... tw pay isn't all what ppl think it is. Some of the most broke people I know belong to the Enrage faction on HT. They Tw once or twice weekly at least and they are still broke. So either they put in more than they get out or their faction leader jips them on pay... (only speculating not accusing)!
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Grinding, TT, BH, COming OF Age quest chain..
    nto to MEntion DQ< im stocking up on the items b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Naevo - Lost City
    Naevo - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    With my VENO I picked up everything that dropped from mobs (coins and ammo too), sold everything I didn't need AFTER I had done all the bank quests. At lvl 35 I had 500k to spend. Note that I NPC'd the DQ items as I could rarely find anyone buying them. Hope it helps b:thanks
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    faction TW pay
    When (if) you get to 90+ you'll realize how insignificant TW pay is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited May 2010
    At his level thats not really a good option.

Also after charms, repairs, pots and did i mention repairs... tw pay isn't all what ppl think it is. Some of the most broke people I know belong to the Enrage faction on HT. They Tw once or twice weekly at least and they are still broke. So either they put in more than they get out or their faction leader jips them on pay... (only speculating not accusing)!
    well an extra 500k a week helps me tremendously. but i guess if the OP wants TT gear with refines then i suggest he farm whatever for 16 hours. ugh so boring
    then over price the items and try to sell

and i know rawrgh, that you make more money in an hour of TT than a week for TW b:chuckle but unfortanetly for me being a sin, i dont have it that easy
    -retired-

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Drugs...........b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Not talking about making money, talking about spending it.

Lets say you get 1.5mil a week (you probably get less but lets be generous)

By the time you finally get to 89 I'm sure sins will have demon/sage skills, I'm sure they will be in crazy high demand and cost more than other classes but again being generous lets say they cost about as other classes skills. Today a friend of mine bought me a demon true form skill book for 3mil, which I've seen go for 5mil before. When I get internet back on wendsday I need to repay her, so 3mil for one skill, plus one mil to learn it. That's almost 3 weeks of TW pay for one skill. Not counting that you'll most likely use the majority of TW pay money to pay for the costs of the next TW, like a charm and event pots.

Also, my money doesn't come from TT anymore, it mostly comes from merchanting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Not talking about making money, talking about spending it.

Lets say you get 1.5mil a week (you probably get less but lets be generous)

By the time you finally get to 89 I'm sure sins will have demon/sage skills, I'm sure they will be in crazy high demand and cost more than other classes but again being generous lets say they cost about as other classes skills. Today a friend of mine bought me a demon true form skill book for 3mil, which I've seen go for 5mil before. When I get internet back on wendsday I need to repay her, so 3mil for one skill, plus one mil to learn it. That's almost 3 weeks of TW pay for one skill. Not counting that you'll most likely use the majority of TW pay money to pay for the costs of the next TW, like a charm and event pots.

Also, my money doesn't come from TT anymore, it mostly comes from merchanting.

I've seen Demon True Form go for 300k in Sanct. Of course RT is newer server, but still. And btw, if all the TB lvl 11 skills become very expensive, money making will be easy. I won't say how, but I think you guys know what I mean.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Sanctuary sounds awesome then lol, but you have to remember that Raging Tide is a new server. Not a lot of skill books around and thanks especially to hypers, a lot of people hitting 89. So basically high demand, low supply. I'm glad I got it at the price I did, last time I saw one for sale it was in the auction house at 2.5mil, I bid on it and came back around 6 hours later when it had 2 hours left on it. It was up to 5mil minimum bid at that point.

Anyways my point was how little that 1-2mil from TW pay is. If your next war is a cata walk and you don't need charm/event pots and you keep the full pay, you might be able to buy 2 immaculate shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    How can you make money? If you're on RT, **** Cayo and get his stuff b:avoid
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    sell youself in an all class pet box
    b:surrender
    b:shedtear
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DavorMk - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the help.... I really learned something b:victory Guess try to pull it off in till lvl 89 and that start farming herbs :D
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sanctuary sounds awesome then lol, but you have to remember that Raging Tide is a new server. Not a lot of skill books around and thanks especially to hypers, a lot of people hitting 89. So basically high demand, low supply. I'm glad I got it at the price I did, last time I saw one for sale it was in the auction house at 2.5mil, I bid on it and came back around 6 hours later when it had 2 hours left on it. It was up to 5mil minimum bid at that point.
    Sounds like you could make a lot of money doing Eden and Brimstone bosses for books.
  • Vienna - Dreamweaver
    Vienna - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    To be honest, it gives no tricks anymore, you have come to this game 1 year to late :D. This game have turn in the last months to a hardcore time waster, since if you won't farm your life away or start to spend real money, you will be with almost guaranty poor ( verry poor ). I would rather recommend you to check other upcoming mmorpgs or if you have really fun to farm mats, herbs, whatever 24/7, then have fun b:pleased
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you're on RT, **** Cayo and get his stuff

Win

/10char
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
    edited May 2010
    Sounds like you could make a lot of money doing Eden and Brimstone bosses for books.

You can not. Most books in there have become so common place b/c of bh's that they sell for literally nothing. Farming books might have been good money at one time. But only 3 different books for each class drops in fb 89. Fb 99 drops little to no books. Of the 8-10 times I've been in there and killed every boss, I've seen 1 book drop. Yep, just 1. So I wouldn't recommend going into either on the chance to make money off of book drops. And due to bh's the molds that drop (rare as well esp in 99)they are pretty worthless too for the most part.

If you aren't high enough for nirvana, and are too low to farm herbs in heaven/hell your best bet is going to be farming tt for drops. Rather than go with random squads and do the normal drop way where subber gets 1st barb 2nd and so on....

... here is what I/we do...

I have a regular squad of people. We tt every night pretty much. One person banks and sells all the mats. Then splits the money 6 ways. We also take money out for the subs so no one is out the cost. If you can find people who will be that good to you, thats the best way to farm tt and make money.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Depends, it takes some luck but yes, you can make decent money by doing your BH89. When I did my FB89 Eden for culti I was lucky enough to get a sage true form that I sold for a good amount.

I don't actively try to farm Eden/Brim for books but I do try to do BH89 Every time I get it.

You can not. Most books in there have become so common place b/c of bh's that they sell for literally nothing.

He's talking about Raging Tide server, where books are less common and in higher demand.
    I have a regular squad of people. We tt every night pretty much. One person banks and sells all the mats. Then splits the money 6 ways. We also take money out for the subs so no one is out the cost. If you can find people who will be that good to you, thats the best way to farm tt and make money.

I perfer to run with 4 people unless we're doing Ancient Evil. I try to go with me, 1 cleric, and 2 good DDs. Can get a 2-3 run done in half an hour with good DDs and only have to split the coins 4 ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2010
    To be honest, it gives no tricks anymore, you have come to this game 1 year to late :D. This game have turn in the last months to a hardcore time waster, since if you won't farm your life away or start to spend real money, you will be with almost guaranty poor ( verry poor ). I would rather recommend you to check other upcoming mmorpgs or if you have really fun to farm mats, herbs, whatever 24/7, then have fun b:pleased
    this ^ 100% totally agree!
    -retired-

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Depends, it takes some luck but yes, you can make decent money by doing your BH89. When I did my FB89 Eden for culti I was lucky enough to get a sage true form that I sold for a good amount.

I don't actively try to farm Eden/Brim for books but I do try to do BH89 Every time I get it.
    I didn't mean getting lucky with book drops. If those books are selling for 3-5 mil on your server, and ~300k on other older servers, that's a huge gap between supply and demand which hasn't equalized yet on your server.

That is, on the older servers, the ~300k represents a bit more than the average cost of the time, repairs, items consumed, and other costs (probably wine) to run Brimstone or Eden. So on the supply side, the books cost you ~300k each to acquire.

On the demand side, you say the books can sell for 3-5 mil. So assuming similar costs on the RT server, you've got a potential profit margin of about 2.7 mil per book conservatively. This is the first step to identifying a good market so you can make lots of money - finding a large gap between supply and demand.

It's like what happened with Astralwalker's Dust of Stars. Before, when not many people knew how to break his waves of adds, Dust commonly sold for 1.2-1.5 mil. Now that it's common knowledge, it goes for about 400-500k. The current price has stabilized to near what it costs you to acquire them. Whereas before there was a huge profit margin associated with being one of the few people doing/who knew how to do Astral.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    I didn't mean getting lucky with book drops. If those books are selling for 3-5 mil on your server, and ~300k on other older servers, that's a huge gap between supply and demand which hasn't equalized yet on your server.

That is, on the older servers, the ~300k represents a bit more than the average cost of the time, repairs, items consumed, and other costs (probably wine) to run Brimstone or Eden. So on the supply side, the books cost you ~300k each to acquire.

On the demand side, you say the books can sell for 3-5 mil. So assuming similar costs on the RT server, you've got a potential profit margin of about 2.7 mil per book conservatively. This is the first step to identifying a good market so you can make lots of money - finding a large gap between supply and demand.

It's like what happened with Astralwalker's Dust of Stars. Before, when not many people knew how to break his waves of adds, Dust commonly sold for 1.2-1.5 mil. Now that it's common knowledge, it goes for about 400-500k. The current price has stabilized to near what it costs you to acquire them. Whereas before there was a huge profit margin associated with being one of the few people doing/who knew how to do Astral.
    Well books don't always drop, and when they do drop they aren't always good ones.

Last 4 eden runs I've done only skill books I've seen is a demon gush, and there's like...... 1 demon mage on raging tide....... who doesn't even play anymore.

And some skills don't sell that well even if people need em, demon blazing/frost arrow don't sell very high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    if you won't farm your life away or start to spend real money, you will be with almost guaranty poor ( verry poor ). I would rather recommend you to check other upcoming mmorpgs or if you have really fun to farm mats, herbs, whatever 24/7, then have fun b:pleased

Umm.. this is a MMO. It's my first one, but from what I understand you need to farm in most of them. What makes this any different?

Just like people complaining about money... they can go spend 20-30 minutes a day, farm enough mats for their BH, make a squad, charge 40k per person, and everyone is happy and you make money. Sure it's not a lot, but you're not spending any money by doing this and it almost always guarantees that you can get a bh squad formed. It never mattered how much or little money I had, I always did this and almost never had to pay, just collect, and it kills two birds with one proverbial stone.

Unlike most other mats, Dust still sells though, but when you're farming 2-2 Astral, you're actually farming for Touch and the Dust is a nice bonus that can pay your costs to keep running it. I was really lucky, got two Touch in my last two runs.... lol. Also 2-3 just for Arm and Antenna is worthwhile if you can put 2-3 runs back to back. 3-1 mats are worthless except for GBA, and both shells... I'd only farm that if I needed those mats, or if you only have a veno and a DD since that is probably the easiest one to run without a cleric.

Well books don't always drop, and when they do drop they aren't always good ones.

Last 4 eden runs I've done only skill books I've seen is a demon gush, and there's like...... 1 demon mage on raging tide....... who doesn't even play anymore.

And some skills don't sell that well even if people need em, demon blazing/frost arrow don't sell very high.

That's also giving up easily. It's like saying you did a couple of TT runs and never saw gold so why bother? If some of the rarer books are hitting 3-4m ea it's worth it to run. You can also do card bosses in eden which drop OHT mats and have a chance to drop chrono pages... those must be worth $$$ on a new server.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.