Reward clerics for res

ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Suggestion Box
So, we are in a dungeon, clerics dies, most of the squad dies so the cleric goes to town and then comes back to res everyone...

Isn't that a bit unfair? Personally I felt a bit guilty although it was aoe (and i died first).

My suggestion is that the cleric should loose xp according to his res lvl
or perhaps get a free, automatic, res (according to his res lvl) for every person he revives?

I realise that it's a major change and not likely to happen, but do you think it would be fair?
Post edited by ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Night_Wind_ - Lost City
    Night_Wind_ - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    My suggestion is that the cleric should loose xp according to his res lvl
    or perhaps get a free, automatic, res (according to his res lvl) for every person he revives?

I second thatb:victory
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Been suggested before, I already said yes.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Same as Aedrian.

Still want something like this to be done...
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Btw, self res at same lvl as the cleric's res > A bit OP

They should get it 2 levels under theirs, so, a lvl 11 res on a cleric does not mean that clerics get no xp loss at all when they die, and that from the regular ammount to 0.2%, that's a gigantic advance.

Just saying.
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I already suggested a buff skill for wizard to let cleric auto-ress here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=689882

(watch carefully cooldowns/durations and how it really works before yelling "OOOPPPP!!!")

btw i dont support a new cleric skill for only cleric auto-ress, cause it would be too overpowered when they are alone (everyone would like to autoress, its just too great lol)

and about being fair, then i could say that its not fair that tanks have to spend 10x coins in repairing compared to DDs.

every class has its good points and bad points
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If Clerics get an auto Revive it should have a 10 minute cooldown and be equal to their Revive level. If they die by mistake, use the auto res and go on about your business without spending forever looking for another Cleric to res you.

A Cleric with auto res is in no way OP. It'd be just like a res scroll, except their Revive level would determine the amount of xp lost. At least this way squad wipes wouldn't result in the Cleric rage quitting and you could go on about your business.

It could be a new addition to our 79 skills, a skill like that should cost quite a bit to learn.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Maybe a passive skil to reduce the exp lost upon revive, not stacking with another cleric's revive?
    Not as effective as a cleric's ress, but it would help clerics get through those squad wipes
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No. It is a cleric skill that a cleric chooses to learn. If you play the support cleric role, than you are expected to have that skill to help your party, in the same way you expect the barb to use fleshream when tanking.

If you are a nuking cleric, and don't have rez leveled, than you dont.

If you do not want to loose experiece, pack some angels. Want to rez on the spot? Buy some rez scrolls. Not that hard, and you will not loose any experience when you get killed.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    If Clerics get an auto Revive it should have a 10 minute cooldown and be equal to their Revive level. If they die by mistake, use the auto res and go on about your business without spending forever looking for another Cleric to res you.

A Cleric with auto res is in no way OP. It'd be just like a res scroll, except their Revive level would determine the amount of xp lost. At least this way squad wipes wouldn't result in the Cleric rage quitting and you could go on about your business.

It could be a new addition to our 79 skills, a skill like that should cost quite a bit to learn.

So, Would that be like a doll + res scroll? (Without the no item drop, that is) Items that are bought from Cash Shop, will NEVER be placed in game, since that is how they make money.

Trust me, I know plenty of clerics that always travel around with at least 1 doll (Sorry, can't recall the current name of that item) just to avoid the exp loss, and giving clerics a self res with no exp loss would end up meaning less people buying them.

On top of that, res scrolls are one of the in-game coin sinks, and they just won't give them up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No. It is a cleric skill that a cleric chooses to learn. If you play the support cleric role, than you are expected to have that skill to help your party, in the same way you expect the barb to use fleshream when tanking.

If you are a nuking cleric, and don't have rez leveled, than you dont.

If you do not want to loose experiece, pack some angels. Want to rez on the spot? Buy some rez scrolls. Not that hard, and you will not loose any experience when you get killed.

Agreed. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • ShadowMiss - Raging Tide
    ShadowMiss - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think at level 36 there should be a self ressurect skill.
  • Alliecienti - Dreamweaver
    Alliecienti - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I like the idea of the self rez skill tied to the cleric's own rez level. Everyone has seen these party wipe senarios many times. Everyone just lays there and the cleric is expected to port out and come back and save everyone else the exp loss from porting. Not a really fair deal, but that's the way it happens.
    I put guardian scrolls on all my toons to prevent exp loss from accidental deaths. It cost me a lot of coin to have this bit of insurance, but well worth it at higher levels when even a 2% exp loss takes a lot to rebuild.
    Having a self rez skill on my cleric would save coin and a inventory spot from having to carry rez scrolls for on the spot revives. Since this would be a cleric only skill, there is still a market for the rez scrolls to the nuker clerics and the other classes. PWI would still be seeing money from these purchases and the support clerics gets a little relief for being the helping hand all the time.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If clerics get auto revive, then you might want the no exp penalty later?

Ok, I do find it nice for clerics to have auto revive, but since there is scrolls and dolls, clerics might get a free way.

The devs won't want that

I barely die on my cleric, so why would I need auto res?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Crypsis - Lost City
    Crypsis - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Its very unfair that a cleric has to waste 100k for a doll every time party screws up ;/

Or not use doll and go back to town and loose massive exp.

In a cool more friendly party i will usually try to get a second cleric to come inside the instance and ress everyone so the cleric dont have to loose exp. But thats kinda hard to do in random squads when people are stressed and such or in Frost and training scrolls are running.

Just know i almost lost more exp than i gained last Frost on my cleric since i had to go back to ress everyone about 7 times. I guess i could have spent a fortune on dolls or just left the party as soon as i realized both the DDs and the tank where having major DC-issues that kept occurring during bosses.

I really like the idea of loosing less exp when you upgrade revive level. Or party can just help pay some of the cleric dolls :/
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    So, Would that be like a doll + res scroll? (Without the no item drop, that is) Items that are bought from Cash Shop, will NEVER be placed in game, since that is how they make money.

Trust me, I know plenty of clerics that always travel around with at least 1 doll (Sorry, can't recall the current name of that item) just to avoid the exp loss, and giving clerics a self res with no exp loss would end up meaning less people buying them.

On top of that, res scrolls are one of the in-game coin sinks, and they just won't give them up.

Clerics shouldn't have to use Guardian Scrolls, nobody else has to because there's a Cleric to revive them. When the squad dies and the Cleric for whatever reason was too poor to afford a scroll we'd lose xp. We lose more xp in one death than any other member does in 10 and if we have Demon/Sage res you don't lose anything.

The point of a Cleric's res is to get the squad back up with minimal xp loss. Being able to res yourself in the heat of battle or after a squad wipe could be very beneficial to your squad. You would save time because the Cleric isn't towning and coming back. This would help us perform our job better and make the run go faster.

The amount of xp lost with this skill wouldn't automatically be zero, Clerics would lose xp equal to their current res level, meaning unless they shelled out 20m or more for the Demon/Sage version of Revive they'd still lose some xp. Knowing this, the Clerics that really wanna keep xp would still carry scrolls.

Then you have the 10 minute cooldown. That prevents it from being OP or anywhere close to it.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yay finnaly somebody understands the plight of clerics who die b:victory i agree clerics already get a low exp loss from going to town, my sin loses 4% i lose 1%. but i'd love it if i could auto rez, and i agree it should be not a long cooldown, but something reasonable. or if i could go to town and lose .2% becuase of rez lvl. but if this EVER comes into effect. it should be the lvl of your rez, but i think if some1 has demon/sage it should only work as lvl 10 rez. i'd find it unfair if i lose .2% becuase i'll most likely never get sage rez, while some1 loses no exp. but if that method doesnt get implemented i'd never care really, just be something nice
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    Actually it would be fair Angel, because they paid a huge amount of coins to be able to get that skill. The self res skill would actually make the skill worth the money, because then the 0% xp less benefits you as well as the party.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2010

sorry for double posting, but ive carried gaurdian dolls once. and that was because a friend gave me 3 of them. i think its too expensive for what i do to afford scrolls that r on HT at least 100k. i spend 100k about every other month on herb yuanxiao, if im lucky that 100k buys 80+ yuanxiao. then rest of profit goes to bh/teleing. cs at later lvls etc. so why would i waist 50k and 100k on scrolls and rez scrolls?
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Instead of hoping the game will change why not just , occasionally give the cleric you party with an angel or a res scroll? All the stuff mentioned here relates to the squad you're in more than game mechanics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!