I guess Staff Rule NR 1 now days is "Silence is golden"...

FoxyMercy - Sanctuary
FoxyMercy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I guess Staff Rule NR 1 now days is "Silence is golden"...

GM's, Admins, Mods, dont you have any opinions about the DQ affairs and other things concerning the game or is it a muzzled, non disclosure deal...

Speak up and get fired etc ...

Just find it funny why bother having a forum if your not going to use it in a meaningful way, giving info, getting responses and doing polls ... then take that into account BEFORE doing game altering decisions?

Is the chain up to the devs that long, that the gamers never get heard or has the "market" people just booted the last gamer out of the ranks?

Trying to sell something you, dont like, dont understand, have no idea of who's going to buy it, and wont change to a form the customers like and will accept, yeah well good luck with that buisness..

Neglect of gamers always works, nothing kills a game quicker..

Then again maybe thats the point make room for all those new games..

Ohh well since nobody is going to read this, why did i bother...."sigh"

K that was my rant for the month...

P.S
On the upside GM's, Admins, Mods and who ever else is reading, i wouldnt be writing this if i didnt enjoy the game and wanted to stay on it... and was a bit b:angry about some things..
Post edited by FoxyMercy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Frankie made a post saying "We are contacting Developers about this." And I know they have posted about Horn issue and Anni Packs issue, but the latter only caused more QQ. So yeah, not telling anything is usually better than telling us partial truth.

Also about not asking players first: players play and support the game, they don't make decisions. I'd hate it if we were always able to change everything. Believe me, this game would be much worse if players had any power over the game.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    GM's, Admins, Mods, dont you have any opinions about the DQ affairs and other things concerning the game or is it a muzzled, non disclosure deal...

If you actually bothered to read the thread, you would have noticed both a Moderator and Administrator (GM) both post that they were not happy about this.

So good job on the hate/flame thread. b:bye

I guess you missed THIS on the first page:
    This thread is hereby dubbed the official thread for talking about this issue. Please don't get too hot-headed in here, mk?

I'm also a tad upset by this...but remember, it's the dev's, not the GM's...don't give 'em too much hate, please?

b:cute
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • FoxyMercy - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Blah there goes the local forum pittbulls, well sorry i dont have time to read through 66 pages of replies to get to the 1 that an admin i cant search the "group" for or the "mod" i cant get a complete list of and no i dont know every mod and admin by heart unlike some...

By the way yes i do know i can search by their post on their individual nicks but that gives exactly ZERO overview of the collective official replies, like say if i could search for all the "mod" replies or all the "admin" replies instead, the current way to look for official replies based on individual nicks are to say the least LESS THEN USER FRIENDLY

TY Salesmanager - "Kupuntu" and Smartass -
    "Michael_dark" for reminding me why i dont like posting on these forums...

OHH in case you missed it i wrote i enjoyed the GAME, not so sure about these forums..
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Blah there goes the local forum pittbulls, well sorry i dont have time to read through 66 pages of replies to get to the 1 that an admin i cant search the "group" for or the "mod" i cant get a complete list of and no i dont know every mod and admin by heart unlike some...

By the way yes i do know i can search by their post on their individual nicks but that gives exactly ZERO overview of the collective official replies, like say if i could search for all the "mod" replies or all the "admin" replies instead, the current way to look for official replies based on individual nicks are to say the least LESS THEN USER FRIENDLY

OHH in case you missed it i wrote i enjoyed the GAME, not so sure about these forums..

Nice, now I know what I'm going to put on my sig. b:chuckle (Won't mention your name in it.) And btw, how did I offend you? I didn't mean to be mean to you, merely just stating that they had posted about the DQ issue (and other issues too).
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010

So what you're saying is: "I'm going to post a thread, and everyone better agree with me or I'm going to...insult them! Yeah! That'll show 'em!" Really now?

GMs have been a lot better lately than they have in the past in my opinion. Frankie's been fairly good about listening to players and trying to get us answers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • FoxyMercy - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Yay more stick...

ohh well back to topic

Happy Gamers = Good Cashflow

Angry Gamers = Less Cashflow (and less inclined to return to other company owned games)

Happy Gamers you get from good information, participation, polls, active and positive community... etc

Angry Gamers you get from unwanted changes, no information, no participation, lack of community (read fewer players)... etc
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think what this thread proves is that the mods/GMs really are in a no-win situation.

Even when they do EXACTLY what people want them to do (ie. comment on the situation, oppose it, contact the devs with the objection, keep the player-base informed) they're always going to have some people who are just irrational haters who can't be bothered to check the facts and will never ever EVER admit when they are wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm pretty sure I saw mods & even Frankie posting on the DQ topics o.o Were you expecting to get PMs from them explaining all issues to YOU specifically? If you don't have time or put in the effort to monitor discussions that's your problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Going to close this as this really is just a flame thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.