Wizzies on Strike

Options
Anri_Rose - Archosaur
Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
I think wizzies its about time we as DD stopped taking **** in TT runs,
Today i had it for the last time with my cleric friend who constantly reminds me how rich she is from selling TT mats she doesnt need , she gets great picks since shes a cleric.
She didnt know why I didnt do the same, I explained to her mages dont get good picks ever in TT, now i didnt think about this when that happend, but today she tells me she took all the money she made bought tokens and is now rank 4.
At this point i had it, how can a mage make that kind of coin, is beyond me, but apparently clerics and barbs do ok in TT. So i say from here on out we dont help them

MAGES GO ON STRIKE FROM TT RUNS.

Thats it, my plan in a nutshell

dont do TT anymore , if you need something from TT its not like you gonna get it,
now im not saying you shouldnt go with friends and what not, but lets face it mages that go in random farm runs to make coin never do. I want to see how long it takes others to do TT runs with out us mages there DDing , and this goes for Psys too, id love to have them join the strike since they usually get **** too in TT runs.

Anyway Venting over, plan is real
TT STRIKE NOA
Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
Who altered my siggy im
kinda scared b:shocked
Post edited by Anri_Rose - Archosaur on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    TT is not the only way to profit in this game. Many of us buy gold/packs through boutique, set cat shops 24/7 or buy/sell items at the Auction House regularly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    All DDs get **** in TT runs, often not even one mat at all -> negative profit, sometimes huge (depending on MP cost).

I never do TTs except for fun (extremely rarely) or when helping a friend with quests there (like the Chrono Quest for OHT) or when I was the one unlocking my quest.

Other than that... hell no. b:angry

and yeah if tanks complain about repair cost enough to get 1st pick, they should see that skyrocket without DDs b:chuckle
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I try to mat farm as my main income source,
    but who do i see on my mat route but OHH look the same clerics , riding those stupid deer mounts stealing my mats before i can get to them cus they are on fast mount they bought with coin they got from selling TT mats b:cryb:cry
    Who altered my siggy im
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You know, a strike won't have much effect when only 1/4th of the people are on strike?
    They'll just get archers instead (who are better single target DD's anyway)

Besides, on the lower lvl TT's I don't spend a single coin, exept weapon repairs, which is a few k's.
    So basicly, every single mat I get is profit. While clerics have to spend a fortune in mp pots, and barbs on theyr repairs. Pritty sure that once I hit sage my mp costs should drop even more (you know, shtload of chi and 3sparking)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wow hand the man his sign,
    I try to mat farm as my main income source,
    but who do i see on my mat route but OHH look the same clerics , riding those stupid deer mounts stealing my mats before i can get to them cus they are on fast mount they bought with coin they got from selling TT mats b:cryb:cry

uh whut?
    me got a snow cub for about 1 mil and it worked just fine for me
    (>.<)'
    b:surrender
    apparently all mounts can be upped to max speed
    O_o'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    never did TTs for mats/profit, never will. Only been in there for OHT/help friend now and then. I hate it, I think is **** and a waste of time.
    I'm not going to spend my time helping a barb or a cleric get rich, just because of some idiot rule. I tanked some bosses in TT, I know what the repair cost is, I know how easy is to get mana food with tokens or to make apothecary that's even cheaper with greater results. Extra costs can be covered with mirages. Having a 100k repair bill after a TT doesn't mean you are entitled to pick whatever you want from loot.
    All this repair bull and pick order is something that works with idiots. Wanna apply the rule? find some idiot that will let you do it.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hmmm Sir robert is right this isnt enough simply Striking from TT isnt enough at all
    (*the insanity might be affecting my reason here but work with me)

OK then WE strike totally

NO MORE BH TT OR ANYTHING til we are happy :( no more helpful mages its time for the Baddass mage to make a come back on PWI
    Who altered my siggy im
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just go duo TT with a fist person and heal them. Yup.
  • MarshelTriga - Heavens Tear
    MarshelTriga - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Emmm i just use suubs ^^ its easier :p i get first pick then , and i always form a squad o.o
    Also it depends on the mats you get. Form the squad yourself, i make 400-600k on my lvl 75 wizzies per run o.O takes hours lol, but i still render a profit. Also always duble spark, don't ulti b:laugh cuz for me, 11k mp buffed means 1.1k mana per duble spark :3 save lots of potsb:victory
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    3-2 and 3-3 are where the money is at. Any TT before that is just a bunch of bull with the Barbs and Clerics making themselves rich while QQing about 100k repair/mana bills. If you want to do TT, grab some hypers with IRL $ (It costs like nothing to hyper from 85 -> 9x) and go along for the ride of worthwhile TT's.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    not to be mean but wizards going on strike would do nothing, wizards as a class just aren't that good in tt. There are an abundance of other classes for dmg, and your dmg can pretty easily be filled by another class.

@marshaltriga: supposedly not every server gives subber first pick (which I don't think is right).

And if you ask me you can ignore what anybody says about costs of a class for a good amount. The fact is that barb/cleric pick is a bribe, if it weren't for my spot in picking I don't think I'd do any of the few random TT squads that I do.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    not to be mean but wizards going on strike would do nothing, wizards as a class just aren't that good in tt. There are an abundance of other classes for dmg, and your dmg can pretty easily be filled by another class.

@marshaltriga: supposedly not every server gives subber first pick (which I don't think is right).

And if you ask me you can ignore what anybody says about costs of a class for a good amount. The fact is that barb/cleric pick is a bribe, if it weren't for my spot in picking I don't think I'd do any of the few random TT squads that I do.

dont like the barb repair Q.Q's?

sub and bank the tt (hint if you actually are fair on drops people want to rn with you again so dont get greedy)

cant find a barb? find a bm or veno

if your 90+ 3-2 and 3-3 are where its at

below that find a squad and do the same tt 2-4 times back to back split after last run = share to all mirages to those with high costs (subber tank cleric)

try to go in squads of 4 add a 5th if yuo need the extra DD/your tank blows

anyone claiming otherwise is ripping you

your level 67 wizzies dont realy hold their own as DD's till 79+ with undine i do love to have at least one in squad to serve as main dd 2nd healer for things like tt 2-x and 1-3

all that said i can find a cleric that can stick a rock on ih i can tank most tt's and those i cant well barbs exist and holding down FR and alicrity is easy what i CANT seem to find is competent DD

meaning a DD that not only maximized their own damage but the partys as well via stacked debuffs can controll aggro or survive if they take it (both is prefered) while at the same time useing cancles heals disables etc to keep the party alive

basicly:

dont like the drops? sub it and bank it

not enough drops? run smaller squads

cant find a squad? your to low lvl have a bad faction no freinds or suck at your class
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    if you strike, do it - nobody will miss you in TT :P

worst dd class for single targets with loads of hp
    wiz is great until you hit a boss (lvl150)

the healing is quite useful, i heal in almost any tt3-X on some occations
    cleric reviving intervall-sin/archer every 5 seconds - me healing

its like a better second healer with more survivability and a damage increasing buff for the real DDs, saves party wipes till 1shot cleric is back :P

or if you have a demon cleric with the right skill - no-manapot-use-TT-runs, wizard healing when cleric mp is low, cleric using recovery demonskill till both are full again, back to dd :P
    costs only for the tank who picks first... and archers arrows if u have a archer :P
    i like potato
  • Titan_itachi - Raging Tide
    Titan_itachi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i wanted to post on my barb which is 68 now but i thought my psychic would be better since its a dd . now lets look at the facts we can say from level 1-75 barb is the slowest class in game when it comes to leveling and even after that since dd do rebirth and fc as well.in every instance the drops are random except for tt . unlike bms we cant stun mobs for long so killing pure magic mobs is so annoying that i given up trying to finish any of their quests . dd can kill mobs to fast that they do most of their quests before the barb finish even one .in some servers subber gets first pick in others he doesnt . its only fair why would anyone make a barb when in the end of the day he level a lot slower than any other class .my psychic had 56 gold weapon during his 6x levels while my barb has tt 60 ( psychic tt 60 is better than gold 56 )and still my psychic did many quests so fast that i dont even remember while doing normal quests for barb is really annoying that im now considering giving up on most quests and counting on bh and CS b:surrender u cant have it all b:bye
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i wanted to post on my barb which is 68 now but i thought my psychic would be better since its a dd . now lets look at the facts we can say from level 1-75 barb is the slowest class in game when it comes to leveling and even after that since dd do rebirth and fc as well.in every instance the drops are random except for tt . unlike bms we cant stun mobs for long so killing pure magic mobs is so annoying that i given up trying to finish any of their quests . dd can kill mobs to fast that they do most of their quests before the barb finish even one .in some servers subber gets first pick in others he doesnt . its only fair why would anyone make a barb when in the end of the day he level a lot slower than any other class .my psychic had 56 gold weapon during his 6x levels while my barb has tt 60 ( psychic tt 60 is better than gold 56 )and still my psychic did many quests so fast that i dont even remember while doing normal quests for barb is really annoying that im now considering giving up on most quests and counting on bh and CS b:surrender u cant have it all b:bye

Explain to me 2 things:
    a) WTF does this has to do with the topic?
    b) How can you get anoyed by mag mobs on your barb when you can CANCEL every attack they channel?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited May 2010
    Options
    a) dd level faster ,unlike barbs grinding is easier for them why would a barb care to tank a tt if he doesnt get a good return for it not to mention that both barbs and clerics lose xp when the cleric die since the barb has to go back to town to pass with the cleric rush areas in tt .

b) even if i have level 10 alacrity (the skill that cancel channeling ) its cool down time is 8 sec and pure magic mobs keep using magic attacks all the time and running around a lot also we keep this skill at level 7 to time some bosses aoe and magic attacks .then again only a barb would know thatb:chuckle
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol so what if u lvl slower?
    That entitles u to better drops? lolwtf... epic

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I stopped do TT runs just for this reason. It not worth my time for drops what I get.
    For those who telling sub it an you got first pick. LIES They don't allow you to sub it. In these times when substances are 40K every1 wants to sub it and take first drop. Because first pick can be worth hundred thousands coins.
    It's just stupid idea to how mats is contributed. I would like to see moron who invented it. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    a) dd level faster ,unlike barbs grinding is easier for them why would a barb care to tank a tt if he doesnt get a good return for it not to mention that both barbs and clerics lose xp when the cleric die since the barb has to go back to town to pass with the cleric rush areas in tt .

b) even if i have level 10 alacrity (the skill that cancel channeling ) its cool down time is 8 sec and pure magic mobs keep using magic attacks all the time and running around a lot also we keep this skill at level 7 to time some bosses aoe and magic attacks .then again only a barb would know thatb:chuckle

i do most mobquests in a squad, your barb can squad a dd and quests become easy.-.-
    cant play in team? why dont u go play offline games
    a wizard with barb buff can attack more mobs at the same time (i dont see why not to squad up)
    and barbs can stun in human form witch was made for grinding i guess..

--
    i only do TT with friends or friends of friends or faction mates etc

in dreamweaver TT-order is mostly tank, cleric rest by lvl gold random /3~4mirage a sub
    it sucks for wiz, but are they really useful? n
    just think of the stress barb has to hold aggression vs the intervall-stacking dds
    (+mpcharm)

clerics ...hmm
    *demon water shield* *equips +mag +mp recovery gear with mp shards* enjoy 16+k manapool +3spark managain macro afk reading forums on laptop :O
    i like potato
    edited May 2010
    Options
    its not easy finding squads for quests also dds dont want to squad with barbs as far as i have seen for normal quests .as for if that entitle us for first drop i would say yes we are made to take damage not to deal it ( armageddon is a pvp skill giving 1/2 my hp in pve is useless ). also we do most of the work in gamma and fc rounding up mobs and bringing them to the squad but its hard to do so with low or normal equipment we need the best we can get for this .if you dont like it tank tt and pray u can keep aggro from sling shot archers or even better psychics your level and plz dont talk about a level 100 wizard tanking all tt 1 and 2 while a barb of the same level can tank nirvana and lunar b:chuckle make a barb and get it to 70 then come back and say if barbs deserve first drop or not b:bye
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Just scam people, thats what I did. 10mil+ a day ftw :3
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    make a barb and get it to 70 then come back and say if barbs deserve first drop or not b:bye
    You don't get it do you?

It's not that barbs deserve MORE than DDs, that much is sure. It's that DDs end up usually with no mat at all. (by this I mean a worthwile mat, not those junk that won't even cover your pot cost).

Would you go to work if there was someone else there who was a little better than you but got ALL the money while you end up wasting gas/bus tickets to get to work and no salary at all?

It's kinda similar. Why would a DD "go to work" if the profit is negative? It's not just a waste of time, it's a waste of coins as well.

The only solution to this is to increase the damn drops xo that AT LEAST everyone can get 1 mat. The idiot devs obviously forgot to scale up the drops to match 1 squad (i.e 6 drops on average).
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well I figured this a while ago and a strike or anything for that matter is gonna change the fact that DDs are expendable while barbs and clerics arent. You can do a TT with just a barb and a cleric, sure its gonna take forever but still gonna be able to do it. Try with a wizzy and a psychic :X Its why I made a veno to raise money for my wizzy =\ I could never play a barb or a cleric and its not like what they get from TT is that awesome, farming TT isnt that profitable.
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    its not easy finding squads for quests also dds dont want to squad with barbs as far as i have seen for normal quests .as for if that entitle us for first drop i would say yes we are made to take damage not to deal it ( armageddon is a pvp skill giving 1/2 my hp in pve is useless ). also we do most of the work in gamma and fc rounding up mobs and bringing them to the squad but its hard to do so with low or normal equipment we need the best we can get for this .if you dont like it tank tt and pray u can keep aggro from sling shot archers or even better psychics your level and plz dont talk about a level 100 wizard tanking all tt 1 and 2 while a barb of the same level can tank nirvana and lunar b:chuckle make a barb and get it to 70 then come back and say if barbs deserve first drop or not b:bye

Lolz, how about a wizzy tanking Nirvana or lunar?

TBH, I prefer to run nirvana without a barb as they only slow us down - any decent BM, archer or wiz is able to tank nirvana (although wizzy shouldn't tank the first boss due to the mana drain eating charms tbhb:laugh)

Decent BM's are able to tank TT's if they are the right build - fist won't work but a decent axe/pole BM should be fine.

Back on topic though, I've only done 3-3 for BH recently or to help people, but if you're doing TT where the rules mentioned above apply then tbh there are way better ways of making coin. If you do decide to do it though, wellspring quaff and sage spark are your friends - as long as you don't pull too much aggro you should be able to to run a full TT without using more than 1 or 2 mana pots