self-made pvp tourney?

Proski - Archosaur
Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Etherblade (West)
thinkn about organizin a player ran pvp get together shing ding similar to what people do on LC with their fight club. i know world pk has died, and there are players from all over (narla impulse enemy fatalis etc) craving for some good pvp fun besides just on tw, so there is the motivation for doing something like this. and unlike other servers, there is somethn unique about this server (maybe cause its small) that i think will keep this event fun and alive because for the most part everybody is respectful and would swallow their pride to contribute if it means fun for everybody (inside faction or out) so no one would get discouraged.

nothin stressful, just pure fun. i'm thinkn about doin it once a week on a day where there isn't an official event so probably thursday at like 5pm server time, 8 est, 1am euros

could do like 3 events over the course of an hour as variety doesnt just equal fun but itll give everybody a chance too if its not just 1v1s. there would be a small entry free and prize pot for each. wont be any divisions right away as there will prolly not be enough players.

event #1: Free-for-all (FFA) (requirements: just show up and pay the reasonable fee): every man and girl for themselves in a designated area on both the ground and *maybe* to a certain extent in the air above said area. specifics will be worked out for balance purposes. for instance maybe we will do a few at a time as if it were the actual rooms like in the real pvp tourney, so we can break up any potential one-faction domination ganking unless they all rightfully win each room and meet up together in the last.

event #2: 1v1's best of 3 (bo3) with a small bracket (requirements: signing up so we can seed players and have it organized before the whole event starts so we can run it quick and clean)

event #3: Teams: 3v3 (6v6 later implemented if things work out well) (requirements: signing up) -- again details (rules regarding genies, player limitationsr/restrictions/etc) are sparred for now until there is positive feedback, but rest assure everything will be worked and catered to fair play, balance, and fun.

so i wanna hear everybodys feedback/suggestions/the works before i spend the time putting serious effort into this cause one thing about me is if i get the go-ahead and everybody is on board ill make sure it wont fail (i ran succesful dota tourneys with sponsored players before /brag b:victory). i could realistically get this going by the time thursday gets here (may 13)

just keep in mind the main incentive behind this would be *FUN* but at the same time to beat a dead horse.. its me, come on now, i will do everything i can with the help of other trusted people to make a kind of triumvirate to monitor it and ensure fair play. and i know i can get the leaders of every faction that would show up to force good policy on their members participating so there is no drama but rather, healthy competition with some great opportunities for LOL fraps moments so we can archive archosaurs history on youtube so 3 years from now when your surfing the web at work you can be like to your boss LOL SEE? THATS ME IN THIS VIDEO I USED TO BE A LEGEND ON THAT GAME

so just keep that in mind...if ur guna be downer/pessimist kindly **** off thanks have a good one b:cute
Post edited by Proski - Archosaur on

Comments

• IlIuminous - Archosaur
    IlIuminous - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    well atleast you know I'm game.
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    sameb:victory....
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    woot, lets go everybody! /support /support /support

b:victory
  • Ninja_Please - Archosaur
    Ninja_Please - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I am Down. ^^
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    also i'll be throwing in my own coin on top of everybodys small fee (10k maybe more we'll see) so there will be a healthy prize pot for each event (nearing or over a mill x3)
  • Solid__ - Archosaur
    Solid__ - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sounds good count me in
  • Aratainia - Archosaur
    Aratainia - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I support this! Pro awsome idea b:victory
  • Azmerah - Archosaur
    Azmerah - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Great idea bro, i prolly wont be able to make it to any of these events cause of work. However id donate what i can to the Prize if you promise to frap the good fights for me ^____^

<3 Azmerah
  • Proclivity - Archosaur
    Proclivity - Archosaur Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    im up for this b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Resistance is futile!
    ♠ Ascii - HL (Deleted b:sad) ♦ Fealty - HL ♣ Proclivity - AR ♥ Evenixus - HT
  • d4rksin
    d4rksin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hell yeah count me in :P
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Seems interesting. Just as a suggestion, might wanna run this by a GM. I know player-ran events can get messy real quick, and cause a whole lot of QQ. Best way to avoid that is involve a GM. That way people know its srs bizniz.

I'd like to see the ones with the credit cards be sectioned off to their own category, and those with mediocre gear in their own, ect. Otherwise, all it will end up being is a LOLRAPEFEST and we can all watch Ascii's e-peen quadruple in size b:chuckle

Just kidding. Anyway, I like the idea. Unfortunately, all I predict seeing are the same old faces. Nevertheless, Im sure the PvP'ers in Narla will bite at this idea, if it is properly organized and legit.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    well thing is i'm assertive and people won't have room to **** around. people can QQ all they want, but so long as 'those old faces' show up + a few new ones the tournament technically will already be a success because thats the goal here, bringing people together. kind of beats going to OT/westgate and testing ur odds that other people will actually show up for more than 5 minutes b:laugh

anyway all suggestions are welcome, and yes i am considering all i can do to keep it fair in regards to gear without gimping people who want to see their well deserved/or not so much items be put to use. maybe there will be an event where everybody is put in npc clothes and forced to rely on nothing but skills, who knows, but there are many many factors/ideas to consider b:cute

anyway, im guna let this sit for a day and try and get more opinions. if it continues to be of interest, i'll shape everything up and draft rules. from there, there will clearly be a lot of debate. once we get past that and have a nice consensus, everything will turn 'official' and get legitimized.
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Suggestion: dont let assassins join
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Proski - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    lol

well for instance there'd probably be either a 10 second rule on invis or we either remove it altogether
  • Ninja_Please - Archosaur
    Ninja_Please - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    QQ lolz........
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Nice to see players organizing their own events. This would be awesome if done in HL cause generally what really happens in world PvP in there is zerg, same goes to all servers PvP I guess. Would be even nice if GMs sponsored this kind of event to bring them closer to the players since the Tourney was removed, but thats my opinion. I dont remember the last ingame GM event, maybe they are too busy nowadays so.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.