Auction House Item ID Numbers

BrassPatches - Harshlands
BrassPatches - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Seeing as how the Search function at the auction house can only be utilized with item ID numbers, how do we know what they are? Is there a list somewhere? It already seems ridiculous to not search by name but to not openly display all the items ID numbers just doesn't make any sense.

EDIT:
I just realized that I misunderstood the information that I read about the auction house. I thought each item had its own ID number. Rather it's what I always thought: it's just a chronological numerical ordering of each item placed into AH.

So, someone give me an example where you would, for some reason, have an items AH ID number and nothing else and want to search for it.

EDIT #2:
If you select Filter Items on the main screen of AH there will be a search field on the right hand side. Putting an English word in here will prove futile. This can only be implemented if you know the Chinese characters for the item your searching for. go here for more info and a growing stash of Chinese characters which can be used to search for items.

credit to Sangodoc and sandeep122
I'm a mixed up Soldumapraia
Post edited by BrassPatches - Harshlands on

Comments

• VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's the numbers on the left side of the window, next to the item name.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Every item placed into AH gets a unique ID. If you spot something you want to follow, record it's ID (left hand side of item name) and then find it without going through multiple pages. Or you can add the item to your favourite list.

AH still needs a better search function though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So, someone give me an example where you would, for some reason, have an items AH ID number and nothing else and want to search for it.

Can't think of one. Pretty bad search function, eh?
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • BrassPatches - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    OK that makes sense even though you already provided an easier solution (adding to favorite list) to using the ID number.
  • Legorend - Heavens Tear
    Legorend - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Put something up in auction and then WC the name of the item and the number for others to be able to quickly find

That's the only use I can think of >.>
    edited May 2010
    Come to think of it I think I've seen that once in world chat. Doesn't seem to have caught on...

Thanks for the reply
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, the Auction House search function is broken, since it only works in Chinese.

Yes, it works in Chinese!

Don't believe me? Do a search on "1". You'll get to see all sorts of crazy Chinese names. b:cold
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ID number could be used in different ways.

1. You want to bid on an item but you want to let the timer run down a little bit first so you're less likely to be outbid. Since you haven't bid yet, it won't be in your Bids section, so getting the number would be handy.
    2. Your friend is bidding on something, and needs to go into an instance or log off. They leave the number with you, and you can check on the item while they're offline/busy.
    3. What Leg (Lego?) said, WCing the number of your auction to make it easier to find for people who want it.
    4. Pretty much any time you're watching an auction, but haven't bid on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • sandeep122
    sandeep122 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Seeing as how the Search function at the auction house can only be utilized with item ID numbers, how do we know what they are? Is there a list somewhere? It already seems ridiculous to not search by name but to not openly display all the items ID numbers just doesn't make any sense.

How to search AH item by using Name ?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=677192

there is search feature by name currently ,But unfortunately Name search accept only chinese name (they didnt translate it to english )
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ffs after all this time they couldn't translate it? C'mon it would be really useful for TT mats for example

-.-
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited May 2010
    sandeep122 wrote: »

How to search AH item by using Name ?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=677192

there is search feature by name currently ,But unfortunately Name search accept only chinese name (they didnt translate it to english )

Thanks sandeep for the invaluable info! And thanks Aadi for always popping in with your two cents.

According to the link the PWI staff is going to look into translating the Chinese item names into English. In the mean time the linked post has become a stash of the Chinese symbols which can be used to look up items in the AH.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ffs after all this time they couldn't translate it? C'mon it would be really useful for TT mats for example

-.-

It's not hard when you get it. Go to PWDB, search the item you want, check the PW-MY name, translate one word of it to Chinese with Google Translate and try to find it. Works almost always. But yeah, I wish it was in English.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.