Whats the big deal about -20percent

Comments

• Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You all don't give PWI the Enterprise much credit.
    Everything they do is designed to make money. They are a business after all.
    All these events are geared to make you buy zen. You don't have to buy zen but if you want anything decent you will.

Here's how it works, they periodically flood the market with coins through various events (double drops, ecstasy cards, etc) and then create an event that encourages many people to buy zen (packs, sales). This drives up the cost of gold both through inflation and desire. This in turn hinders many non-cashshoppers from grinding to buy charms and whatnot from the shop via the auction house. Either these gamers leave or buy zen to survive.
    In order to just support the gold exchange market to prevent mass deflation, they create short-term opportunities to earn in game coin. Right now it's Nirvana. As far as I can tell, it's the only real way to farm a significant amount of coins right now. TT used to be but they nerfed that through double drops and gear-in-packs.
    Don't be surprised if you see uncanny and rapture crystals in packs in a month or two.

The prospect of a price cut on the DQ drops is insulting because there is really no need for it other then to limit the amount lower level (and higher level - I still grind for DQ on occasion) players can earn in game; thus cutting their incentive to cash shop for even basics like charms.
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Farm herbs.
    /thread
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Its not all about the loss of DQ, I believe they are doing to lower the prices on ALL items agross the board. If ppl have less coins to buy stuff, ppl have to olower their prices on mats, herbs, gear, gold , etc. In doing that PWi has come up with a bandaid solution to fix the ecanomical hellstorm they have created with all the anni packs. It may suck for now, but its about the long run.

people seem to forget that if DQs really are the problem and a lower income from DQ results in a similar decrease in all prices then the proportion a person must spend on mats herbs gold etc DOES NOT CHANGE. If gold is now 400k and a person must grind about 4 hrs to get that (equip/coin drops approx taking care of repairs therefore the profit is from DQs) (100k/hr) and dqs are reduced by 20% and the problem is from dqs then prices will drop 20% so that gold is now 320k. but wait dqs are 20% lower so a person must grind the same 4 hrs to get gold (-20%=80k/hr). But hold on, skill prices have not changes no npc prices have changed therefore they must spend a larger percentage of the income on those then they did before. In other words "oops the big picture sucks too"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    people seem to forget that if DQs really are the problem and a lower income from DQ results in a similar decrease in all prices then the proportion a person must spend on mats herbs gold etc DOES NOT CHANGE. If gold is now 400k and a person must grind about 4 hrs to get that (equip/coin drops approx taking care of repairs therefore the profit is from DQs) (100k/hr) and dqs are reduced by 20% and the problem is from dqs then prices will drop 20% so that gold is now 320k. but wait dqs are 20% lower so a person must grind the same 4 hrs to get gold (-20%=80k/hr). But hold on, skill prices have not changes no npc prices have changed therefore they must spend a larger percentage of the income on those then they did before. In other words "oops the big picture sucks too"

Allow me to throw some fuel into your theory.. and here is a match.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=716532

Prices of all items except DQ have ALREADY raised by 5% since this past upgrade. That means you get 5% more when you npc those items, but they also cost 5% when you buy them... like if you need to buy potions.

This sure makes for a great conspiracy.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You all don't give PWI the Enterprise much credit.
    Everything they do is designed to make money. They are a business after all.
    All these events are geared to make you buy zen. You don't have to buy zen but if you want anything decent you will.

Here's how it works, they periodically flood the market with coins through various events (double drops, ecstasy cards, etc) and then create an event that encourages many people to buy zen (packs, sales). This drives up the cost of gold both through inflation and desire. This in turn hinders many non-cashshoppers from grinding to buy charms and whatnot from the shop via the auction house. Either these gamers leave or buy zen to survive.
    In order to just support the gold exchange market to prevent mass deflation, they create short-term opportunities to earn in game coin. Right now it's Nirvana. As far as I can tell, it's the only real way to farm a significant amount of coins right now. TT used to be but they nerfed that through double drops and gear-in-packs.
    Don't be surprised if you see uncanny and rapture crystals in packs in a month or two.

The prospect of a price cut on the DQ drops is insulting because there is really no need for it other then to limit the amount lower level (and higher level - I still grind for DQ on occasion) players can earn in game; thus cutting their incentive to cash shop for even basics like charms.

Ok need I remind you that Nirvana is only available to those lvl 100 and over? So what you are telling me is to make any substantial money in this game you have to get to an end game level to really start playing?

Come on, even the person new to MMO's would realize thats not a good idea. You can't implement that kind of gaming and expect people to stay. Apparently all the people over level 90 have been 80+ for so long they forgot what it was like to be a low level.
    Allow me to throw some fuel into your theory.. and here is a match.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=716532

Prices of all items except DQ have ALREADY raised by 5% since this past upgrade. That means you get 5% more when you npc those items, but they also cost 5% when you buy them... like if you need to buy potions.

This sure makes for a great conspiracy.

According to many other people posting on that thread, the information is inaccurate. Wasn't it you who was gouging someone earlier about not having their facts straight?
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The point i'll make about the 20% reduction is that it's another way of PW **** with decent or hardcore gamers who have been playing this since god knows when and were not just talking about 1 point here, I could make several that have screwed players and Oldies who have been playing PWI.

I've been playing this game since oct/nov 2008 and yes I also remember the 9dragons. Back then this game was fun and amazing and then one day Dev's started making changes little by little

*Mysterious merchant- This was the 1st big change if I remember correctly. The items via the merchant were a rarity and a lot of hours, weeks or maybe even a month or 2 to aquire such things as the tauren cape and misty forest rings. Those 2 items themselves were rare to see on many players on the Sanctuary server and believe me I spent a long time working for them and felt proud of my achievement.

PWI devs saw this and knew full well that gettin these items meant alot of hard work but selling them also and im talking millions u can make out of them and since devs didn't want players making tons of ingame coin they nerfed the merchant and lowered the price of everything. This in turn suprised but ultimately pissed off a lot of the player base, many I knew who worked hard for those items quit.

*Dq horses- Again another rarity or rather used to be ingame. It was required that u needed 50 coppers and 50 silvers to aquire the white silvermaine horse or the violet lightening. A few months hard work, grinding and gettin xp out of these quests was a lot of fun for many players who worked hard for those mounts and if all else fails you could sell the coppers and silvers to players or AH, another way to make a gd amount of coin.

Again Dev's see this as a way to cut ingame coin and simply **** us over once more, BAM and they throw em in the CS just like that, ppl got pissed either stayed or quit. Shock no.2

*Anni packs- The big anniversary for the 1 year of PWI being around. Self explanatory really, a chance to get End game gears and weaps that ppl either loved or hated. Not only that devs didn't listen as per usual to players tellin them to get rid of them and they were removed, came back, removed, given a different name, a few more fancy things thrown in. Same ol', same ol' routine from the devs.

To Dev's packs= cash and rightly so, their little golden ticket to peoples real life cash. To make it more insulting they've nerfed the packs and drop rates time and time again, purposely or not that's up for an individual player to decide. Point being in their heads, buy 50 packs u might get lucky, might not more then likely not and so people will continue to throw their hard earned cash at anni/coral/tiger packs hoping for some supreme luck when really all your doing is gambling on a product they nerfed only so they can continue to get even more cash out of you.

Honestly I don't think they should have nerfed that packs so much, in my mind I wouldn't have cared if everybody that bought online stuff had end game equips, people would have continued to buy them regardless.

*Facebook contest- Ok this is a joke in itself, 2x exp for 2 weeks and 5 random players get 5 levels big whoop, trying to raise the popularity of a slowy dying game just to show how great it is, when in actual fact with most updates and removal of things your killing it devs, not to mention you still havent sorted out all the bugs players keep pointing out.

The devs themselves could put that 2x exp on anytime they see fit, they even proved it by doing so a 2nd time around. There are games out there that give that 2x exp boost without asking for fans on a meager facebook page, they do it because they care for their player base, devs here on the other hand just care about the players money and stroking their oversized ego's .

Smithing/armouring chests- Seriously this was another kick in the teeth for players who spent god knows how long increasing their crafting lvls and they just throw them in the CS also. Heard many a long time player got pissed at this also and quit.

DQ 20 reduction- current point in PWI time.

All in all it's no longer F2P game, devs are pushing it's player base to try to survive on nothing but the online shop it provides, yes it's a business and yes it needs to make money but seriously how long do u think PWI devs, gms and whatever work force would survive if everyone suddenly went: you screwed us too many times, **** you right back and quit.

I can guarantee no matter what game you play that was created by the PWI creative team this process will continue to repeat itself. I'd rather play a game by paying a monthly fee, working for what I want to earn in game and continue to play it knowing the Devs on other games actually give a damn about it's player base were as the PWI creative team really couldnt give a monkies in the long run, just your wallets.

So quite frankly I'm done devs, **** you buh bye.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The point i'll make about the 20% reduction is that it's another way of PW **** with decent or hardcore gamers who have been playing this since god knows when and were not just talking about 1 point here, I could make several that have screwed players and Oldies who have been playing PWI.

I've been playing this game since oct/nov 2008 and yes I also remember the 9dragons. Back then this game was fun and amazing and then one day Dev's started making changes little by little

*Mysterious merchant- This was the 1st big change if I remember correctly. The items via the merchant were a rarity and a lot of hours, weeks or maybe even a month or 2 to aquire such things as the tauren cape and misty forest rings. Those 2 items themselves were rare to see on many players on the Sanctuary server and believe me I spent a long time working for them and felt proud of my achievement.

PWI devs saw this and knew full well that gettin these items meant alot of hard work but selling them also and im talking millions u can make out of them and since devs didn't want players making tons of ingame coin they nerfed the merchant and lowered the price of everything. This in turn suprised but ultimately pissed off a lot of the player base, many I knew who worked hard for those items quit.

*Dq horses- Again another rarity or rather used to be ingame. It was required that u needed 50 coppers and 50 silvers to aquire the white silvermaine horse or the violet lightening. A few months hard work, grinding and gettin xp out of these quests was a lot of fun for many players who worked hard for those mounts and if all else fails you could sell the coppers and silvers to players or AH, another way to make a gd amount of coin.

Again Dev's see this as a way to cut ingame coin and simply **** us over once more, BAM and they throw em in the CS just like that, ppl got pissed either stayed or quit. Shock no.2

*Anni packs- The big anniversary for the 1 year of PWI being around. Self explanatory really, a chance to get End game gears and weaps that ppl either loved or hated. Not only that devs didn't listen as per usual to players tellin them to get rid of them and they were removed, came back, removed, given a different name, a few more fancy things thrown in. Same ol', same ol' routine from the devs.

To Dev's packs= cash and rightly so, their little golden ticket to peoples real life cash. To make it more insulting they've nerfed the packs and drop rates time and time again, purposely or not that's up for an individual player to decide. Point being in their heads, buy 50 packs u might get lucky, might not more then likely not and so people will continue to throw their hard earned cash at anni/coral/tiger packs hoping for some supreme luck when really all your doing is gambling on a product they nerfed only so they can continue to get even more cash out of you.

Honestly I don't think they should have nerfed that packs so much, in my mind I wouldn't have cared if everybody that bought online stuff had end game equips, people would have continued to buy them regardless.

*Facebook contest- Ok this is a joke in itself, 2x exp for 2 weeks and 5 random players get 5 levels big whoop, trying to raise the popularity of a slowy dying game just to show how great it is, when in actual fact with most updates and removal of things your killing it devs, not to mention you still havent sorted out all the bugs players keep pointing out.

The devs themselves could put that 2x exp on anytime they see fit, they even proved it by doing so a 2nd time around. There are games out there that give that 2x exp boost without asking for fans on a meager facebook page, they do it because they care for their player base, devs here on the other hand just care about the players money and stroking their oversized ego's .

Smithing/armouring chests- Seriously this was another kick in the teeth for players who spent god knows how long increasing their crafting lvls and they just throw them in the CS also. Heard many a long time player got pissed at this also and quit.

DQ 20 reduction- current point in PWI time.

All in all it's no longer F2P game, devs are pushing it's player base to try to survive on nothing but the online shop it provides, yes it's a business and yes it needs to make money but seriously how long do u think PWI devs, gms and whatever work force would survive if everyone suddenly went: you screwed us too many times, **** you right back and quit.

I can guarantee no matter what game you play that was created by the PWI creative team this process will continue to repeat itself. I'd rather play a game by paying a monthly fee, working for what I want to earn in game and continue to play it knowing the Devs on other games actually give a damn about it's player base were as the PWI creative team really couldnt give a monkies in the long run, just your wallets.

So quite frankly I'm done devs, **** you buh bye.

Assuming you did not oracle up, it took you approximately 2 years to get to level 101. I'm also going to assume (because I know) that more than 3/4 of those levels didn't include bh's or oracles or mass amounts of scarlet fruit. Almost 2 years ago they just weren't available.

This in itself means you have stuck with this game for a very long time. You have put a lot into it, real money or not. You have stuck a lot of time and effort into it. Maybe even invested your real life money into the game. Rightfully so you should be ticked off. Most of us from the old days, are.

However; if you truly enjoy the game continue to play til they pull the plug. Which is inevitable because they keep messing up the game.
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    yeah I am or rather was an oldie on here, I spent 2 years on here lvling to 101. I spent time and yes money on this game and in the end I truly wonder if it was all worth it with everything that happened from 2 years ago to now and with oracle noobs about and with how things are going, this honestly was the last straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

Logically think about how much you pay, (if you do) on buying stuff from PWI to paying for a monthly fee on another game, your ending out forking more then 5 times more on a game that slowly continues to lose life and fun whilst other games are giving me that fun feeling I used to have here.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok need I remind you that Nirvana is only available to those lvl 100 and over? So what you are telling me is to make any substantial money in this game you have to get to an end game level to really start playing?

Yes, that's exactly correct.

But no worries, because we're having a sale on hyper stones!

Hyper stones can be accessed via the ingame boutique to access the boutique press O on your keyboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This game takes the definition of Free-To-Play to a very literal meaning. It is free to "play", but very expensive if you plan on getting anywhere past lvl60...

What do I care though? This game will always be Free-To-Roofjump-In-ADC b:victory
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You're technically not losing coins, just not gaining as much. This decrease won't bankrupt anyone. It'll just take five extra minutes of farming than usual to make the same amount.

You're technically correct, however let me point out something which is unique to a barb perspective.

I leveled before BHs and such, as well as to make money and here's what I found:

After an hour of grinding same or near level mobs I would make (from lvl 70 up) about 100-115K in drops. Repair bills usually amounted to between 70-80K. Net profit=20-30%.

Nerfing DQ drop value by 20% makes AOE grinding non-profitable for barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You're technically correct, however let me point out something which is unique to a barb perspective.

I leveled before BHs and such, as well as to make money and here's what I found:

After an hour of grinding same or near level mobs I would make (from lvl 70 up) about 100-115K in drops. Repair bills usually amounted to between 70-80K. Net profit=20-30%.

Good thing it isn't as bad for BMs. I can get around 200k/hour on thiefs. I'd say my repairs are only like 50k, but I have never really checked. Profit is much better, but I know that around 75% of my grinding income is from DQs now. And I think it will stay the same until I hit 90, maybe even later.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think for most people it's not so much the actual 20%, but the slap in the face from PWE that it represents. They have been pretty much phasing out any "Free-to-play" aspect of the game for a couple-few months now. Sure, technically it is still free to play, but come on now.

I can't help myself. +1
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2010

Ahh but once you add in pot and/or charm useage, there goes the rest of the profit. After 70 on my barb, I cannot make money grinding quests. If I'm lucky, I'll come out even
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My income is bassically only that what I get out of grinding. It's not only that they lowered the DQ prices what makes people angry.
    It's just that pwi keeps **** it's customers over and over.

- you got the packs > gold price goes way up
    - perfect hammer 1 mil boxes > gold price won't go under a certain price
    - oracles in the cash shop > this just tells the higher lvl players 'look! this is how much your work is worth!'
    - hypers + fcc > hello high lvl noobs

and now they give their customers another stab in the back by lowering the DQ prices with 20%
    This game isn't free to play anymore for a long time. I get the feeling the company tries to drag everybody in... and then squizes everybode who isn't willing to spend x amount a month or week out.
    Pwi doesn't give a damn about it's customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ahh but once you add in pot and/or charm useage, there goes the rest of the profit. After 70 on my barb, I cannot make money grinding quests. If I'm lucky, I'll come out even

Which is exactly what I said.

Anyways nerfing the drops hurts those that need it, as well as those that have established their own diversified income.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think for most people it's not so much the actual 20%, but the slap in the face from PWE that it represents. They have been pretty much phasing out any "Free-to-play" aspect of the game for a couple-few months now. Sure, technically it is still free to play, but come on now.

^-- Very much this!
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    **** merchanting..I want the old days back when grinding made so much profit and committment for me. FLAME ON!!!!!
  • Shakari - Lost City
    Shakari - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It's hard enough to earn money without this 20% price drop. Please, PLEASE don't. This is like a slap in the face to players. I have been here since closed beta...watched the game go through a lot of changes; some good, some bad. This is bad. I have loved this game since it came out, and I still love it, but I am currently looking for a new game to play. I am sick of the constant let downs in 'updates' and 'events.' I'm sick of excitedly reading through a new patch update, only to see something that makes me think "WTF ARE THE DEVS THINKING?!" I'm sick of being disappointed.

/rant. Sorry about that. Had that in my system for a while...needed to let it out.

I'll keep watching the updates and forums as I always have...hopefully things will change.
  • Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Yup. And guess how you get there quickly...CHARGE ZEN b:victory

I wouldn't say it's playing the game. It's really just farming. And the only profitable farming is only open to high levels.
    I miss the old days...
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    I wouldn't say it's playing the game. It's really just farming.

+1 well put......i miss the old days too. and i came in at the end of the old daysb:surrender

EDIT: avatar says august....i started in april that year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    At the 100k per gold exchange rate I could have made a modest living by playing.
    You have no CLUE what you are talking about.

Gold will NEVER, I repeat NEVER go below 200k a piece as long as chests of coins exist and players have a hold on them.

Chests of coins need a perfect hammer to open, and give you 1 mil coins. Perfect hammer costs 5 gold. That means, if gold drops below 200k, PEOPLE WILL BUY GOLD AND OPEN THE CHESTS FOR PROFIT. Gold will skyrocket back to at least 200k.

[sarcasm] But yeah... grinding is obviously the "cause" of the inflating gold prices, not the chests of coins, 10 million notes and 1mil bank notes and whatever else there is. [/sarcasm]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2010
    You have no CLUE what you are talking about.

Gold will NEVER, I repeat NEVER go below 200k a piece as long as chests of coins exist and players have a hold on them.

Chests of coins need a perfect hammer to open, and give you 1 mil coins. Perfect hammer costs 5 gold. That means, if gold drops below 200k, PEOPLE WILL BUY GOLD AND OPEN THE CHESTS FOR PROFIT. Gold will skyrocket back to at least 200k.

[sarcasm] But yeah... grinding is obviously the "cause" of the inflating gold prices, not the chests of coins, 10 million notes and 1mil bank notes and whatever else there is. [/sarcasm]

imo all chests of coins should be changed to chest of tokens. each chest contains 10 tokens and costs 50k for jolly old jones to open it for you. tokens means deflation of items and a coin sink means more deflation.woot (albeit the deflation will likely be menial)but still...woot

EDIT: I should clarify.....Chest of Tokens means thats it just tokens. no 1% chance to get a best token. Just normal flippin tokens

/sryplzcontinue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I also think it's a bit unfair to say that PWI is sucking out all the Free-to-play out of the game and crying about how hard it is to lvl without special boutique items. Now, maybe I'm ignorant to this too because I've leveled just fine without the need for esotericas (sp?) and the such. But those are my thoughts.

You're level 77.

Get back to us in twenty levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    PWI Devs stepped on my foot with a stiletto heel while I was in my socks with this one.
    DQ drops aren't meant to be sold, go make EQ and sell it, farm something else, it's not that big of a change ect. THE MATS ARE WORTH MORE THAN THE FINISHED ARMOR SINCE THE WINE NPC. **** off.

20% is a full fifth A FIFTH you see this number? This fraction? Portion? 1/5th of your total profit off DQ. There's really no good reason to do a DQ, they just suck the life out of you anyway, as well as the money because you can't sell the only worthwhile items that drop on rare occasion. Kinda like the 5% tax on AH now. Manage to sell something for 3mill you lose 150k off it. Rather than heed players to try and lower West Archo lag they shake their butts in our face and scare a bunch of people out of AH altogether.

The bugs, the glitches, the prices, the economy, the exp, the drops, the gold, the equips, the endgame, the play, the instances, the culti, the PvP, it all has problems I think the PWI playerbase is starting to get permanent nerve damage with all the face slappery the Devs are handing out. Push is turning to shove when it comes to "Buy our zhen you stupid players!" Eesh.
    It's like they try things out on us one time for free and we all go "Oh hey, that's cool, they do still love us~" then PWI is all "Hey that worked out pretty good, let's find a way to make money off it." then they come back with a sale, and we all go "nevermind, they hate us." in this case PWI is seeming to say "We need them to bugger off with all this moneymaking they keep managing with DQ drops, lets lower it."
    Yeah. Thanks. Love you too PW Devs. NOW FIX SOME BUGS.

PS
    These guys don't play their own game and they sure as hell aren't listening to us or their poor manhandled Forum GMs. I'm not sure if I should quit, laugh, cry, or scream. But I feel no need to play the real PW anymore. There are other versions out there that are BETTER than the real thing. They aren't ruined yet. Sometimes the off brand is just better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lols
    ^.^
    this thread amuses me.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I still grinding for DQ drops. I OHT map 3 I can can have from zhening 30 mobs, which they are death in few second very good profit from DQ drops. At high level is 1 DQ worth more then 4500 coins. When I kill 30 mobs in less then 30s at least one of them always drops DQ item. In OHT maps has mobs very fast spawning time so till I gather all gold and drops from mobs, I can go on another run. Decreasing DQ item value by 20% is totally disaster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    According to many other people posting on that thread, the information is inaccurate. Wasn't it you who was gouging someone earlier about not having their facts straight?

Nope, I was the one telling people to please post examples for the arguments when making cases. There is a difference between "please post examples" and "you are wrong" and "you are right". I used the first one. I kept on the poster until she posted examples.

I also get on people's case when they use statements such as "Most players hate this feature", when they have no way to know if that is the case or not. Or my favourite, "90%+ of PW players hate this new idea, look at the polls".

Also, If you notice, I specificaly said "let me throw some fuel into your theories". I did not say, look at his proof I have. Heck, I even offer the person a match to go with the fuel..... and ended the post with "This sure makes for a great conspiracy."

Here is a link to the GM reply, to clarify anyone that may possible have any questions regarding any price changes.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=718272
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm not happy with this because most of my money I get from grinding. I don't like to do TTs because I don't play that much. -.-
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    who has time to grind these days. dont even have time to do MQ.. somedays dont even bh or mq. this game is failing me. b:bye

used to play this game 24/7 (ok maybe not 24/7 but it almost seem like it) to 1/4 ...

It's not about having time to grind, it's about doing your quests and getting paid 20% less than before for the drops from your quest. Or BH.

Sorry, but it is a big deal. Maybe you want to mail me 20% of your profit from drops since you don't mind the loss? :D
This discussion has been closed.